• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Amazon Prime to be launched in Singapore soon

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

especially Johnny3333. He will be happy to see that.

https://www.techinasia.com/max-bittner-tiasg-2017-amazon-prime-now

In a fireside chat during Tech in Asia Singapore yesterday, Max Bittner, CEO of Lazada, addressed the elephant in the room – Amazon’s highly anticipated entry into Southeast Asia. In fact, Bittner believes that Amazon Prime Now, the US tech giant’s two-hour delivery service, is slated to launch in Singapore as soon as this month. That prompted them to roll out LiveUp, Lazada’s own customer loyalty program, in the city-state last month.

“So we’ve heard May 28th – let’s see if that’s true,” he said, referring to Amazon Prime Now’s launch in Singapore. “They’ve been delayed a few times, but maybe they’ll get it right this time.”

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
currently prime video is opened to SG and you have to pay for it.
however, amazon prime is not because amazon doest not do fast and free delivery (unless if u are in USA).

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
currently prime video is opened to SG and you have to pay for it.
however, amazon prime is not because amazon doest not do fast and free delivery (unless if u are in USA).

in u.s., it's membership-based. after free trial, it's $10.99 a month. it includes free delivery of items purchased, video streaming at no additional cost, on-demand ad-free music streaming, unlimited e-reading, unlimited e-listening (not same as on-demand music), free game content plus discounts on new games, unlimited image storage, 30-minute early bird access to lightning deals.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think similar scheme will be launched in Singapore soon if sinkies subscribe amazon prime. they will be given free prime video and prime music?
i am not so sure.
by the way, when will amazon prime sells Fei Long boxers?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think similar scheme will be launched in Singapore soon if sinkies subscribe amazon prime. they will be given free prime video and prime music?
i am not so sure.
by the way, when will amazon prime sells Fei Long boxers?

for fei loong boxers must buy at sundry shop in tampines. they don't make white boxers anymore. only blue and black. seamstresses all thinking of retirement, past 69 years old.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had prime membership & ordered many things via a freight forwarder, thus saving $ for local shipping to my freight forwarder.
However I terminated my prime membership at the end of 2016 because I've already made all those purchases & I'm not a shopaholic.

Why pay US$100 when I was not using the free movie thingee? With Kodi I was already getting free movies. As for the free local shipping in the US, it's only useful if you are a US resident. For Sporeans they will ship free to Spore if your order is $125 and above.

Now that they are setting up shop in Spore it will be interesting to see what they can offer Sporeans to entice them to become prime members :confused:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had prime membership & ordered many things via a freight forwarder, thus saving $ for local shipping to my freight forwarder.
However I terminated my prime membership at the end of 2016 because I've already made all those purchases & I'm not a shopaholic.

Why pay US$100 when I was not using the free movie thingee? With Kodi I was already getting free movies. As for the free local shipping in the US, it's only useful if you are a US resident. For Sporeans they will ship free to Spore if your order is $125 and above.

Now that they are setting up shop in Spore it will be interesting to see what they can offer Sporeans to entice them to become prime members :confused:

what's this Kodi ?

so must join Amazon Prime then will get free shipping to S'pore for orders over USD125 ?...........what if the item is very big and heavy ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's this Kodi ?

so must join Amazon Prime then will get free shipping to S'pore for orders over USD125 ?...........what if the item is very big and heavy ?

Kodi allows anyone with access to the internet to watch TV & movies. The software is free & nothing to do with Amazon. Read about it http://www.alphr.com/software/10022...g-you-need-to-know-about-the-tv-streaming-app

Amazon offers free shipping to Spore on many items, Usually on items that are actually carried & sold by Amazon. To find out which items just login using your Amazon account & you will see if the items can be shipped overseas AND if Free shipping is offered if your order is US$125 and above. You don't need Prime to get Free shipping. The order must total US$125 & must be items which qualify for free shipping.

An increasing number of items are now being included as compared to the past. Not surprising because Amazon is targetting the global market. Once Amazon sets up shop in Spore expect even more items to enjoy free shipping in Spore. I expect Amazon to offer groceries items similar to what Alibaba is doing with Redmart where you can shop online for groceries..

NTUC is going to face tough competition.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kodi allows anyone with access to the internet to watch TV & movies. The software is free & nothing to do with Amazon. Read about it http://www.alphr.com/software/10022...g-you-need-to-know-about-the-tv-streaming-app

Amazon offers free shipping to Spore on many items, Usually on items that are actually carried & sold by Amazon. To find out which items just login using your Amazon account & you will see if the items can be shipped overseas AND if Free shipping is offered if your order is US$125 and above. You don't need Prime to get Free shipping. The order must total US$125 & must be items which qualify for free shipping.

An increasing number of items are now being included as compared to the past. Not surprising because Amazon is targetting the global market. Once Amazon sets up shop in Spore expect even more items to enjoy free shipping in Spore. I expect Amazon to offer groceries items similar to what Alibaba is doing with Redmart where you can shop online for groceries..

NTUC is going to face tough competition.

thanks bro............

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've been watching amazon prime videos for years. Favorite series is 24. I unsubscribed when they started putting many good movies behind a separate paywall. I felt it was a rip off given i was already a prime subscriber