• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Planning to open an office in JB (Need advice)

flagster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys i am running an IT company in Singapore and the past few months has been difficult due to my India developers EP(Employment Pass) keep getting repeated rejections. And the rejection reasons given by MOM does not tally at all. I went around looking for any solutions and the feedback i got was that our government is tightening and restricting India nationals from working in Singapore.

Hence i have given up hope that my India developers EP will get approved any time soon but i need a place where i can discuss with them face to face. So the natural choice is JB as i can drive up and down easily.

I would like to seek advice from fellow singaporeans who have opened a business in JB on how should i go about 1)registering a company, 2) applying for work visa for my india developers, 3) Any things i should look out for etc etc

I also plan to rent a condo or landed terrace house to act as a house and office for my developers. What are the recommended property websites and rental practise in Malaysia?

Lastly did you guys did this all by yourself or went through an agent to settle all of it.

flagster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not hire developers from Singapore? Lack of talents or too costly?

This link https://www.iskandarinvestment.com/ might help if your options are limited.

Many factors such as lack of IT talents and most Singaporeans only want to work for the bigger and more established companies. Even fresh graduates are asking for crazy salary and the most impt factor is i have posted job ads and ZERO Singaporeans applied

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys i am running an IT company in Singapore and the past few months has been difficult due to my India developers EP(Employment Pass) keep getting repeated rejections. And the rejection reasons given by MOM does not tally at all. I went around looking for any solutions and the feedback i got was that our government is tightening and restricting India nationals from working in Singapore.

Hence i have given up hope that my India developers EP will get approved any time soon but i need a place where i can discuss with them face to face. So the natural choice is JB as i can drive up and down easily.

I would like to seek advice from fellow singaporeans who have opened a business in JB on how should i go about 1)registering a company, 2) applying for work visa for my india developers, 3) Any things i should look out for etc etc

I also plan to rent a condo or landed terrace house to act as a house and office for my developers. What are the recommended property websites and rental practise in Malaysia?

Lastly did you guys did this all by yourself or went through an agent to settle all of it.

There's a MIDA (Malaysian Investment Development Authority) office in Singapore.
Suggest you pay them a visit first and get more of the info you need, direct from the horse's mouths.
Call them first.

MIDA Singapore
7, Temasek Boulevard
Suntec Tower One #26-01
Singapore 038987
Tel : 6835 9326/9580
Fax: 6835 7926

Just sharing.

flagster

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a MIDA (Malaysian Investment Development Authority) office in Singapore.
Suggest you pay them a visit first and get more of the info you need, direct from the horse's mouths.
Call them first.

MIDA Singapore
7, Temasek Boulevard
Suntec Tower One #26-01
Singapore 038987
Tel : 6835 9326/9580
Fax: 6835 7926

Just sharing.

Thanks a lot bro. Just called them and arranged a meeting at their office.