• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Insensitive feedback at NUS: Please be considerate of professors' feelings

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm actually an assistant professor, and I've been with NUS over 3 years. This is my first university after I obtained my PhD, and so far things are good - especially the university's focus on research. Besides research, new faculty are expected to teach foundation courses. Honestly I'm not a very good lecturer; so are some of my newer colleagues, but we try our best. When I first arrived, I took students' feedback seriously. There was some improvement in my evaluation score over the new few semesters. However, in every course I teach, there is a significant minority of students who gave comments which are neither constructive nor civilized. I've learnt to ignore them, as my more senior colleagues have advised me.

However, I decided to post here because a breaking point has been reached. I knew a colleague who cried after reading students' comments about her - and some of them are very nasty and even xenophobic. "Can't understand your accent - pls go back to ****** (country); "Wear heels so you can look taller"; "For the sake of your health, lose some weight".

The majority of NUS students are actually genuinely nice and hospitable to faculty from abroad, but I hope those who made such comments can reflect. Is it right to attack a person instead of her teaching? Students have also called me "obese" in their comments before, and I've brushed them away. But do you know that these comments are read by people with feelings? We do feel hurt, even though we try our best to improve our teaching with students' feedback. I implore NUS students to consider their professors' feelings. Thank you.

http://www.domainofexperts.com/2017/05/insensitive-feedback-at-nus-please-be.html

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tio gong only. Like want to die like that.

I think the more educated a person is. The more sensitive their awareness is but so too their sensitivity.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to know why this fat professor is so shy?
she shall expose come out and having a press conference.
let us see if she is really fat, ugly and talk with strong pinoy / chinese prc accent.
well if you are not happy, you can always go back to your mother land.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I want to know why this fat professor is so shy?
she shall expose come out and having a press conference.
let us see if she is really fat, ugly and talk with strong pinoy / chinese prc accent.
well if you are not happy, you can always go back to your mother land.

She is lucky to get a job here, stolen from a sinkie. Ask this bitch how much she can make in china and have to breathe that shit air all year round.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her England sucks.

I'm actually an assistant professor, and I've been with NUS over 3 years. This is my first university after I obtained my PhD, and so far things are good - especially the university's focus on research. Besides research, new faculty are expected to teach foundation courses. Honestly I'm not a very good lecturer; so are some of my newer colleagues, but we try our best. When I first arrived, I took students' feedback seriously. There was some improvement in my evaluation score over the new few semesters. However, in every course I teach, there is a significant minority of students who gave comments which are neither constructive nor civilized. I've learnt to ignore them, as my more senior colleagues have advised me.

However, I decided to post here because a breaking point has been reached. I knew a colleague who cried after reading students' comments about her - and some of them are very nasty and even xenophobic. "Can't understand your accent - pls go back to ****** (country); "Wear heels so you can look taller"; "For the sake of your health, lose some weight".

The majority of NUS students are actually genuinely nice and hospitable to faculty from abroad, but I hope those who made such comments can reflect. Is it right to attack a person instead of her teaching? Students have also called me "obese" in their comments before, and I've brushed them away. But do you know that these comments are read by people with feelings? We do feel hurt, even though we try our best to improve our teaching with students' feedback. I implore NUS students to consider their professors' feelings. Thank you.

http://www.domainofexperts.com/2017/05/insensitive-feedback-at-nus-please-be.html

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please call the pig PLUS SIZE or BIG BONES.

these are the politically correct terms for an obese bitch who's in denial that she's a big fat lessie.

IsapKonek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear assistant professor, I know it hurts, but Sinkies are hurt too. So let's move on okay?

Best Regards
Sammyboy Bros

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear assistant professor, I know it hurts, but Sinkies are hurt too. So let's move on okay?

Best Regards
Sammyboy Bros

Assistant professor dear, we are hurt too by your shyness to reveal your true identity....

......let's make a compromise, both sides....you reveal your whereabouts, those who like fatty cunts go meet you to fornicate. come back to give feedback. If your foc performance is passable as per geylang street standards, we shall henceforth, not use those words that are sensitive to you like fat, lose weight, short, wear heels, etc...

....indeed, those who like fat cunts will fornicate till you come every time.....ok????:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should count her blessings as these are childish comments. Imagine if someone wrote scathing comments about her delivery, content and her poor language. I am also surprised that uni students resort to these sort of things.