• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat A Singapore Chio Bu

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
as far as possible, it is best that i leave my loved ones out of my chats/postings
Then why did you start the following threads last year about:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?236389-Michael-Chng-Hiow-Kin
your "pioneer citizen relative":
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229770-Singaporeans-Are-So-Pitiful
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?235838-This-Is-Terrible-and-Horrible
and even posted nearly two hundred times in the above two threads:
sammyboy.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=229770
sammyboy.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=235838
Anyone knows Michael Chng Hiow Kin?
Is he the same man you've posted about, i.e. your relative:
facebook.com/obituaries.sg/photos/1171095642970703

Now, I think there's a very good chance your name is on that list of relatives in the obituary. :wink:
By the way, I strongly suspect you are either one of his sisters or one of his sisters-in-law, and even your son's name (under "Nephews") is on that list of relatives, right? :wink:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
All LHL ever wanted was to be a mathematician married to a chiobu. He didn't ask for all of this.

Ah make love not war. Don't be so hard on LHL. He is human after all. He was put in his position by his father.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
he can oways say no, no? ...

Say no to LKY? People work under him already cannot say no.

What more the son? Son see Father outside work also. I am sure most of us would agree we would not want to have been LKY's son. I think LHL must have had a tough childhood cos he is not as smart as his father but all the pressure and expectations......

jw5

Loyal
Well said. Absolutely agree and I am with you on this. Although I don't like LHL, sometimes I feel sorry for him.

Say no to LKY? People work under him already cannot say no.

What more the son? Son see Father outside work also. I am sure most of us would agree we would not want to have been LKY's son. I think LHL must have had a tough childhood cos he is not as smart as his father but all the pressure and expectations......

jw5

Loyal
It was probably worse for him, considering his siblings were relatively "rebellious in their own way". Now it appears that the siblings may have even turned against him. He is still considered lucky that he has Chiobu Ching's shoulders to cry on. :biggrin:

Yes I do feel sorry for LHL at times too. Glad we can agree on this :smile:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Now it appears that the siblings may have even turned against him. He is still considered lucky that he has Chiobu Ching's shoulders to cry on. :biggrin:

You're being sarcastic right? That is also another reason why I feel very sorry for him. I mean put it this way lah, if he is heterosexual......wah lau eh......
And even if he is homosexual, she is still anatomically a woman. So no win for him.

History will also remember LHL for undoing his father's work (although it was not all his fault and a lot his father's own undoing) and starting Singapore's rot to ruin.

jw5

Loyal
Only the chiobu part. He does have 2 children with her after all, so to each his own.

A lot of it was his father's own undoing. His father's peers joined him and did a lot of the work. (he didn't really choose them) But the ministars after that were all chosen by either father or son or both.

You're being sarcastic right? That is also another reason why I feel very sorry for him. I mean put it this way lah, if he is heterosexual......wah lau eh......
And even if he is homosexual, she is still anatomically a woman. So no win for him.

History will also remember LHL for undoing his father's work (although it was not all his fault and a lot his father's own undoing) and starting Singapore's rot to ruin.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
A lot of it was his father's own undoing. His father's peers joined him and did a lot of the work. (he didn't really choose them) But the ministars after that were all chosen by either father or son or both.

Very valid point. Who came up with SAF scholar program? Probably LKY? Worst decision ever.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think LHL must have had a tough childhood cos he is not as smart as his father but all the pressure and expectations......
Reminds me of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream/Childhood#"Childhood"
released in 1995:

[video=youtube;puQEcN_iI9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puQEcN_iI9o[/video]

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things
It's been my fate to compensate,
For the Childhood
I've never known

I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates in adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,

People say I'm strange that way
'Cause I love such elementary things,
It's been my fate to compensate,
For the Childhood I've never known

I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like fantastical stories to share
The dreams I would dare, watch me fly

Before you judge me, try hard to love me
The painful youth I've had

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. Absolutely agree and I am with you on this. Although I don't like LHL, sometimes I feel sorry for him.
Yes I do feel sorry for LHL at times too. Glad we can agree on this :smile:
May this lovely moment last forever!
:p
This also reminds me of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Less_Lonely_People_in_the_World
released in 1982 (which happens to be my birth year :o):

[video=youtube;lRvrbDVYdAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvrbDVYdAA[/video]

I was down my dreams were wearing thin
When you're lost where do you begin
My heart always seemed to drift from day to day
Looking for the love that never came my way

Then you smiled and I reached out to you
I could tell you were lonely too
One look then it all began for you and me
The moment that we touched I knew that there would be

[Chorus]
Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe you're mine
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right
Now there's two less lonely people
In the world tonight

Just to think what I might have missed
Looking back how did I exist
I dreamed, still I never thought I'd come this far
But miracles come true, I know 'cause here we are

[Chorus]

Tonight I fell in love with you
And all the things I never knew
Seemed to come to me somehow
Baby, love is here and now there's

[Chorus]

:o​

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I think LHL must have had a tough childhood cos he is not as smart as his father but all the pressure and expectations.
he grew up trying 2 outwit his o man n dat had coz irreparable damage 2 his blain ... datz y he cud cum up wif blain dead logic like raise gst 2 help ze poor ... he takes delite in cumming up wif such n likes 2 tink dat datz very smart ...