• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious "At least 19 killed in suspected attack at Ariana Grande concert in British arena"

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN18I2OV
live.reuters.com/Event/Manchester_attack
wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Manchester_Arena_bombing

[video=youtube;tBpOVp4q9Iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBpOVp4q9Iw[/video]

Tue May 23, 2017 | 3:08am BST
By Jon Super | MANCHESTER, England

At least 19 people were killed and more than 50 injured in an explosion at the end of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday and two U.S. officials said a suicide bomber was suspected.

Prime Minister Theresa May said the incident was being treated as a terrorist attack. If confirmed, it would be the deadliest militant assault on Britain since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005.

Police responded to reports of an explosion shortly after 10:35 pm at the arena, which has a capacity for 21,000 people, and where the U.S. singer had been performing to an audience that included many children.

A witness who attended the concert said she felt a huge blast as she was leaving the arena, followed by screaming and a rush by thousands of people trying to escape the building.

A video posted on Twitter showed fans, many of them young, screaming and running from the venue. Dozens of parents frantically searched for their children, posting photos and pleading for information on social media.

"We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming," concertgoer Catherine Macfarlane told Reuters.

"It was a huge explosion - you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out."

A spokesman for Ariana Grande, 23, said the singer was "okay".

May, who faces an election in two and a half weeks, said her thoughts were with the victims and their families.

"We are working to establish the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack," she said in a statement. "All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected."

SUICIDE BOMBER?

There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but U.S. officials drew parallels to the coordinated attacks in November 2015 by Islamist militants on the Bataclan concert hall and other sites in Paris, which claimed about 130 lives.

Two U.S. officials who spoke on condition of anonymity said that initial signs pointed to a suicide bomber as being responsible for the blast.

"The choice of venue, the timing and the mode of attack all suggest this was terrorism," said a U.S. counter terrorism official who also spoke on condition of anonymity.

Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe" meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

British counter-terrorism police have said they are making on average an arrest every day in connection with suspected terrorism.

In March, a British-born convert to Islam ploughed a car into pedestrians on London's Westminster Bridge, killing four people before stabbing to death a police officer who was on the grounds of parliament. He was shot dead at the scene.

In 2015, Pakistani student Abid Naseer was convicted in a U.S. court of conspiring with al Qaeda to blow up the Arndale shopping centre in the centre of Manchester in April 2009.

Manchester Arena, the largest indoor arena in Europe, opened in 1995 and is a popular concert and sporting venue.

Paula Robinson, 48, from West Dalton about 40 miles east of Manchester, said she was at the train station next to the arena with her husband when she felt the explosion and saw dozens of teenage girls screaming and running away from arena.

“We ran out,” Robinson told Reuters. “It was literally seconds after the explosion. I got the teens to run with me.”

Robinson took dozens of teenage girls to the nearby Holiday Inn Express hotel and tweeted out her phone number to worried parents, telling them to meet her there. She said her phone had not stopped ringing since her tweet.

Parents were frantic running about trying to get to their children,” she said. “There were lots of lots children at Holiday Inn.

(Reporting by Alistair Smout, Kate Holton and David Milliken in London, Mark Hosenball in Los Angeles, John Walcott in Washington, D.C. and Leela de Kretser in New York; Writing by Guy Faulconbridge and Nick Tattersall; Editing by Sandra Maler, Toni Reinhold)

[video=youtube;1yxTjg21Ebs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yxTjg21Ebs[/video]

[video=youtube;tE9lA9Nvdd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9lA9Nvdd4[/video]

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: "At least 19 killed in suspected attack at Ariana Grande concert in British arena

Another victory for Islam.
When are the amdk going to wake up?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: "At least 19 killed in suspected attack at Ariana Grande concert in British arena

They asked for it. They could have imported millions of Chinese and it will do wonders to their economy, but they imported Islamic terrorist who don't integrate to their culture and way of life and causes lots of terror.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another victory for Islam.
When are the amdk going to wake up?

So where are those trump detractors and those full of political correctness shit. UK Germany Spain France are all paying the price now for their liberal immigration policies and crap refugees they took in. Trump has the foresight and is now clamping down on the easy visas and those terrorist disguised as refugees. Sinkieland is no better taking a lot of these Indian subcontinent liars cheaters etc. Time for a new world order under Xi. I believe you can't get worse than now. Obama and Clinton are really useless for past 10 years. In fact made the world more dangerous and unstable by pandering to bankers and those immature political correctness groups.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

They asked for it. They could have imported millions of Chinese and it will do wonders to their economy, but they imported Islamic terrorist who don't integrate to their culture and way of life and causes lots of terror.

Well said. The EU and UK are in deep shit. They asked for it. I remember in UK in the 1980s till now they discriminate against Chinese even those who speak English as they look down on us as inferior. On the contrary they worship the shitskins who can talk and bullshitt. You see this in the press media on the tube , parties, social functions etc. Anyway 90% of the Germans in Germany are now against the loose refugees policy . The 10% who are for are as u guess the immigrants refugees themselves. That's why you don't see this problems in Japan or Korea. Peaceful civilised clean agnostic relatively honest societies.

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

Manchester Arena blast: 19 dead and about 50 hurt

23 May 2017
From the section Manchester

These are external links and will open in a new window Share

Media playback is unsupported on your device

Nineteen people have been killed and about 50 injured in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena.

The blast happened at 22:35 BST on Monday following a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.

PM Theresa May said her thoughts were with those affected by "what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack".

Paramedics at the scene told the BBC they had treated some of the wounded for "shrapnel-like injuries".

British Transport Police said the explosion was in the arena's foyer.

Manchester explosion: Latest updates
Eyewitnesses tell of blast horror
Confusion and chaos after explosion

Greater Manchester Police has established an emergency telephone number in response to the attack. It is: 0161 856 9400.

The prime minister has suspended her general election campaigning and will chair a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra committee later, in response to the attack.

Mrs May said: "We are working to establish the full details" of what had happened in Manchester.

"All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected," Mrs May said.

BBC Home Affairs Correspondent Daniel Sandford said senior counter-terrorism officers were assembling in London and liaising with the Home Office.

Unconfirmed reports from two unnamed US officials suggested the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.

The leader of the Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, tweeted: "Terrible incident in Manchester. My thoughts are with all those affected and our brilliant emergency services."

Greater Manchester metro mayor Andy Burnham said: "My heart goes out to families who have lost loved ones, my admiration to our brave emergency services. "A terrible night for our great city."

Shortly after the blast Manchester Victoria station, which is close to the concert venue, was closed and all trains cancelled.

Greater Manchester Police carried out a precautionary controlled explosion in the Cathedral Garden area of the city at about 01:32. The force confirmed it was not a suspicious item.

A number of eyewitnesses have described the confusion in the aftermath.

Andy Holey, who had gone to the arena to pick up his wife and daughter who had been at the concert, said: "As I was waiting, an explosion went off and it threw me about 30ft from one set of doors to the other set of doors.

"When I got up I saw bodies lying on the ground. My first thought was to go into the arena to try to find my family.

"When I couldn't find them, I went outside with the police and fire and looked through some of the bodies to try and find my wife and daughter.

"I managed to find them eventually and they're OK.

"It was definitely an explosion and it was some force. It happened near the box office at the entrance to the Arena."

Emma Johnson said she and her husband were at the arena to pick up her children, aged 15 and 17.

"It was definitely a bomb. It was definitely in the foyer," she told BBC Radio Manchester.

"We were stood at the top of the stairs and the glass exploded - it was near to where they were selling the merchandise.

"The whole building shook. There was a blast and then a flash of fire afterwards. There were bodies everywhere."
At the scene: Tom Mullen BBC News

The police activity around the arena has been huge. There are blue flashing lights and cordons seemingly on almost every street corner.

A wide area around the venue itself has been completely taped off, and the crime scene appears to be widening, with police pushing people further and further back.

I've spoken to people who are shaken, scared and often tearful. One thing that's apparent is there are many, many young people, some of them with parents or guardians. One mother told me her priority was simply to get her daughters home.

Other people have been more candid and have described seeing people covered in blood, or being treated by paramedics. There's still a huge sense of confusion and people are constantly searching for information while letting their families know they're safe.

Josh Elliott, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, said he was shocked by news of the fatalities.

"A bang went off and everyone stopped and screamed... we basically hit the deck," he said

"It was bedlam… it was horrific.

"We got up when we thought it was safe and got out as quickly as possible.

"People were just crying and in tears... police cars were everywhere.

"We just wanted to get out as quickly as possible because we didn't know what was going on."
The background - Ian Youngs, BBC News entertainment reporter

Manchester Arena, formerly known as the MEN Arena, is the biggest indoor venue in the city with a capacity of around 18,000 for concerts.

The arena foyer connects with Victoria train and tram station, a major hub on the northern edge of the city centre.

The arena regularly hosts concerts by major stars like Ariana Grande - a 23-year-old American TV teen actress-turned-pop star.

She's a big draw for young fans, with hits including Problem, featuring Iggy Azalea, which hit number one in the UK in 2014; and Side To Side, featuring Nicki Minaj, which reached number four last year.

She's currently on a European tour - she's already played Birmingham and Dublin and is due to be at the O2 Arena in London on Wednesday and Thursday.

Michelle Sullivan, from Huddersfield, was attending the concert with her daughters, aged 12 and 15.

"It was really scary," she said. "Just as the lights have gone down we heard a really loud explosion... Everybody screamed.

"When we got out they just said 'keep on running, keep on running'."

Within an hour of reports of the incident emerging, people began offering spare rooms and beds to people stranded in the city using the hashtag #RoomForManchester.

Hundreds of tweets offering places to stay are being shared and re-tweeted thousands of times.

Pat Carney, Manchester City Council's spokesman for the city centre, said the city's thoughts were with the families of those killed and injured.

"It's a very easy target - a concert hall where young people are enjoying music," he said.

"The public are really co-operating by staying away from what is basically now a crime site.

"The world we live in, police and the council have emergency procedures that we practise all the time.

"Obviously everyone in the city is shocked, having seen how young some of these people are

"The police are treating it as a live site, we don't know if this is the end or there are other incidents in that area... we don't know at the moment."

Have you been affected by the events at Manchester Arena? If you are OK and able to get in touch please email us [email protected]

You can also contact us in the following ways:

Tweet: @BBC_HaveYourSay
WhatsApp: +447555 173285
Text an SMS or MMS to 61124 (UK) or +44 7624 800 100 (international)
Please read our terms & conditions

Or use the form below
Your contact details
Name

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

are u saying Singapore should import millions more PRCs?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in Singapore contexts, we have many Indians / Pakistani and Bangladeshi also.
how can we identify if they are potential terrorists?
can we rule out that there is no terrorist in disguise who are PR and holding work permit

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To be fair those chinks also hardly integrate but at least their next generation will become ABCs. With mozzies there's no such thing. The next generation will grow up to be suicide bombers again

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fuckers were targeting concert going teenagers. Real scums

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

pity body count only in low two digits..

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i wish nobody will use SIA flights to europe.
let SIA bankrupt

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i wish nobody will use SIA flights to europe.
let SIA bankrupt

i plan to fly on sia. i flew on united and out of shape grannies were there to greet me.

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huge Number of ISIS supporters and Ang Moh Haters Celebrating Online, PAP sell beers?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...te-news-updates-who-responsible-a7750501.html

Manchester explosion: Isis supporters share messages celebrating explosion

Twitter accounts affiliated to the extremist group use hashtags referring to the blast to post celebratory messages

Mostafa Hashem
Tuesday 23 May 2017 05:43 BST
17 comments

Click to follow
The Independent Online
manchester-attack-02.jpg
Emergency services arrive close to the Manchester Arena Getty

Isis supporters celebrated on social media after a blast at a concert venue in Manchester killed at least 19 people, although the militant Islamist group has not formally claimed responsibility.

Police have said they are treating the blast at the Manchester Arena at the end of a concert by US singer Ariana Grande as a "terrorist incident". More than 50 people were wounded.

Twitter accounts affiliated to Isis have used hashtags referring to the blast to post celebratory messages, with some users encouraging similar attacks elsewhere.

Read more

Mancunians give up their homes to strangers stranded after blast

Some messages described the attack as an act of revenge in response to air strikes in Iraq and Syria.

"It seems that bombs of the British airforce over children of Mosul and Raqqa has just came back to #Manchester," one user named Abdul Haqq said on Twitter, in reference to the Iraqi and Syrian cities held by the militants where a US-led coalition, of which Britain is a member, is conducting air strikes.

Supporters posted messages encouraging each other to carry out "lone wolf" attacks in the West and shared Isis videos threatening the United States and Europe.

One user said he hoped Isis was responsible for the attack, although no claim has appeared on any of the militant's group's official social media channels.
Manchester explosion in pictures

9 show all

"We hope that the perpetrator is one of the soldiers of the caliphate," he wrote on a channel affiliated to the group hosted by messaging network Telegram.

Others posted banners saying "the beginning is in Brussels and Paris, and in London we form a state," in reference to previous similar "lone wolf" attacks in Belgium and France for which the group has claimed responsibility.

Theresa May said the blast was being treated as a terrorist attack.

If confirmed, it would be the deadliest militant assault on the UK since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005.

Reuters

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Huge Number of ISIS supporters and Ang Moh Haters Celebrating Online, PAP sell be

[video=youtube;eumshSQp1p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumshSQp1p4&t=16s[/video]

Watch how Nigel Farage disembowels liberal German journalist on Muslim emigration into Europe.

Latest number of fatalities in Manchester - 22 and 59 seriously injured.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Huge Number of ISIS supporters and Ang Moh Haters Celebrating Online, PAP sell be

Nothing has changed. UK's bleeding heart liberals think can weather this and becoming a model for the rest of the World. In the mean time, innocent people including young kids will perish. They need to take their country back.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing has changed. UK's bleeding heart liberals think can weather this and becoming a model for the rest of the World. In the mean time, innocent people including young kids will perish. They need to take their country back.

The Brits can brexit means still got hope.
Unlike the French recent elections shows the frogs still love their immigrants.