• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious "At least 19 killed in suspected attack at Ariana Grande concert in British arena"

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: "At least 19 killed in suspected attack at Ariana Grande concert in British arena

[video=youtube;UT4hMWlXsOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4hMWlXsOs[/video]

[video=youtube;DxPffc693Z0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxPffc693Z0[/video]

[video=youtube;Dc_JA67Baqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_JA67Baqs[/video]

"'Pls help me...': Frantic parents hunt for missing kids after concert blast | Reuters"
uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN18J0A2

Tue May 23, 2017 | 5:48am BST
By Jon Super | MANCHESTER, England

Desperate parents and friends used social media to search for loved ones on Tuesday after a blast killed at least 19 people at a British concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande, with images of happy-looking teenagers posted next to pleas for help.

"Everyone pls share this, my little sister Emma was at the Ari concert tonight in #Manchester and she isn't answering her phone, pls help me," said one message posted alongside a picture of a blonde girl with flowers in her hair.

Another Twitter user called Erin:P urged people to help him find his sister: "She's wearing a pink sweatshirt and blue jeans. Her name is Whitney."

The blast rocked the foyer of the Manchester Arena as thousands of young fans and parents streamed out of the venue after the show by the U.S. singer, whose fan base is made up largely of teenagers and young girls.

British Prime Minister Theresa May said the incident was being treated as a terrorist attack.

Grande later said on Twitter: "broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. I don't have words."

Paula Robinson, 48, was at the train station next to the arena with her husband when she felt the explosion and saw dozens of teenage girls screaming and running away from the arena.

"We ran out," she told Reuters. "It was literally seconds after the explosion. I got the teens to run with me."

Robinson said she took dozens of teenage girls to the nearby Holiday Inn Express hotel and tweeted out her phone number to worried parents telling them to meet her there. She said her phone had not stopped ringing since her tweet.

"Parents were frantic running about trying to get to their children," she said. "There were lots of children at Holiday Inn."

Social media posts said the Premier Inn and other Manchester hotels had also thrown their doors open as shelters, with reports of up to 60 children at the Holiday Inn.

Charlotte Campbell was among the parents searching for their children. She posted a picture of her daughter, Olivia, who was also wearing flowers in her hair. "Anyone seen my daughter Olivia Campbell," she wrote. "#manchester"

In other messages, taxi drivers and Manchester residents offered to ferry those who needed to leave the city for free, while the hashtag #RoomForManchester was being used to offer free bedrooms and sofas for anyone stuck in the city.

"I'm 10 mins from Manchester city centre and can give lifts to or from anywhere. Anyone needs help, just let me know. #roomformanchester," wrote a Twitter user called Danny Hutch.

In the hours after the blast, picture montages of smiling faces were being circulated of teens still unaccounted for after the concert. They carried the hashtag: "#PrayForManchester."

(Reporting by Kate Holton in London and Leela de Kretser in New York; Writing by Kate Holton and Leela de Kretser; Editing by Paul Tait)

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: "At least 19 killed in suspected attack at Ariana Grande concert in British arena

[video=youtube;e647lomtgvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647lomtgvE[/video]

[video=youtube;-2uKJBXyRv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2uKJBXyRv4[/video]

[video=youtube;nT671j39V4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT671j39V4k[/video]

"Factbox - What do we know about the attack at Ariana Grande concert in Britain? | Reuters"
uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN18J0DW
(Tue May 23, 2017 | 8:55am BST)

At least 22 people, including children, were killed and 59 wounded by a suicide bomber as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday.

Following is a Reuters summary of what we know and do not know about the incident.

* Death toll: British police said 22 people, including children, were killed and 59 people had been treated in hospital. A total of 60 ambulances attended the incident.

Many of the fans at the concert were young people. The explosion sparked panic as thousands of people rushed for the exits, witnesses told Reuters.

* Police said they were called at 10:33 p.m. (2133 GMT) just after a man detonated explosives among fans.

"We believe, at this stage, the attack last night was conducted by one man," Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said. "The priority is to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network.

"The attacker, I can confirm, died at the arena. We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated causing this atrocity."

More than 400 officers were involved in the operation overnight. Police appealed for the public to upload images and footage to assist them in their investigation.

* U.S. singer Ariana Grande had just finished the concert at the Manchester Arena, the largest indoor arena in Europe with capacity for 21,000 people, when the bomber set off his device.

Grande, 23, later said on Twitter: "broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words."

* Parents hunted for missing children after the blast. Many turned to social media to seek loved ones.

"Everyone pls share this, my little sister Emma was at the Ari concert tonight in #Manchester and she isn't answering her phone, pls help me," said one message posted alongside a picture of a blonde-haired girl with flowers in her hair.

* Transport police said they believed the attack had taken place just outside the Manchester Arena near a public foyer which linked to the train station.

* Prime Minister Theresa May said authorities were working to establish the full details of what police were treating as "an appalling terrorist attack". She said her thoughts were with the victims and the families of those who have been affected.

She will hold a meeting of the government's emergency response committee.

* What about the June 8 election? Major British parties have all suspended campaigning.

* No militant group has claimed responsibility so far but Islamic State supporters celebrated on social media.

Twitter accounts affiliated to the jihadists have used hashtags referring to the blast to post celebratory messages, with some users encouraging similar attacks elsewhere.

* The blast occurred on the anniversary of the murder of soldier Lee Rigby, who was hacked to death on a London street on May 22, 2013.

Rigby's murder gained international notoriety when Michael Adebolajo was filmed by passers-by standing in the street with blood-soaked hands trying to justify the attack.

(Additional reporting by David Milliken, Alistair Smout, Kate Holton and Michael Holden in London, Mark Hosenball and John Walcott in Washington and Mostafa Hashem and Ahmed Aboulenein in Cairo; Writing by Guy Faulconbridge; Editing by Louise Ireland)

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

The number killed has risen to 22.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;RLiNRghPHAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLiNRghPHAc[/video]

[video=youtube;Vjc8S60bwfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjc8S60bwfM[/video]

[video=youtube;9zFdvSzIbCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFdvSzIbCg[/video]

"Missing in Manchester after Arena attack: Loved ones are desperate to hear from these people - Manchester Evening News"
manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/missing-manchester-arena-bomb-attack-13076403

jw5

Loyal

Manchester United cancel news conference after explosion

By Mark Ogden, Senior Football Writer
espnfc.com

STOCKHOLM -- Manchester United have cancelled Jose Mourinho's scheduled Europa League final prematch news conference in Stockholm in the wake of the deadly explosion at the Manchester Arena on Monday evening.

United manager Mourinho, who was due to arrive in Sweden with his squad later on Tuesday ahead of Wednesday's final, had been due to speak to the media at the Friends Arena at 6:15 p.m. CET.

In a statement, UEFA said: "Following last night's attack in Manchester, UEFA has received and accepted an official request from Manchester United FC not to hold their pre-match press conference, which was scheduled to take place at the Friends Arena in Stockholm this evening.

"Manchester United's training session at their own Carrington training ground in Manchester will take place as scheduled at 11:00 local time (12:00 CET).

"Later this afternoon, Manchester United will have a team walk inside the match stadium at 18:30CET, which will be open to accredited media.

"The press conference of AFC Ajax remains scheduled for 18.45, followed by an open training sessions at 19.30 CET."

In a statement sent to ESPN FC, the club said: "Due to the tragic events in Manchester last night, and the effect that this has had on everyone here at the club and within our city, we have decided to cancel this evening's pre-match press conference in Stockholm.

"We are sure that, in the circumstances, you will all understand our position on this matter."

United manager Mourinho said on the club's official Twitter account: "We're all very sad about the tragic events last night; we can't take out of our minds & hearts the victims & their families.

"We have a job to do & will fly to Sweden to do that job. It's a pity we cannot fly with the happiness we always have before a big game.

"I know, even during my short time here, that the people of Manchester will pull together as one."

Meanwhile, United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has emailed United staff to cancel an event for club staff that was scheduled to be held on Wednesday night in Manchester out of "respect for the victims and their families."

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

They asked for it. They could have imported millions of Chinese and it will do wonders to their economy, but they imported Islamic terrorist who don't integrate to their culture and way of life and causes lots of terror.

are u saying Singapore should import millions more PRCs?

Good job my fellow Chinese dog for ridiculing proud chink Devil Within who would want to import millions more of us worthless chinks? :p

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

her songs really that bad to cause stampe during encore performance???

jw5

Loyal

Ariana Grande Is ‘Broken’ After Concert Bombing: ‘From the Bottom of My Heart, I Am So Sorry’

From Yahoo News

Ariana_Grande_Is_8216Broken8217_After-69a75c884d197eae6f4cee6bad3bf088

Ariana Grande offered her condolences to the victims of the deadly bombing following her Manchester, England, concert on Monday night.

“Broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words,” the singer tweeted.

Greater Manchester police confirmed that 19 people were killed and at least 50 were injured. The casualties are currently being treated at six hospitals in the northern England city.

TMZ reported Monday night the Dangerous Woman World Tour has now been suspended. Grande will not perform Thursday in London and has decided for now to put the entire European tour on hold. After her England shows, she was set to perform in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland.

The incident is being treated as a terror attack with initial signs pointing to that of a suicide bomber.

“The choice of venue, the timing and the mode of attack all suggest this was terrorism,” said a U.S. counter terrorism official who also spoke on condition of anonymity, according to Reuters.

Britain is on its second-highest alert level of “severe” meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good job my fellow Chinese dog for ridiculing proud chink Devil Within who would want to import millions more of us worthless chinks? :p

Well, even retarded shit skin like you want to become chink. Too bad having a nick as Chinese won't rid you of your shit skin m&d mentality.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am actually delighted by Brexit but the French actually are not pleased with the immigrants. They however felt that the Le Pen was crazy and unreliable - too extreme. Immigrants to Europe traditionally avoid France because they do not treat them well and so they wait in Calais for months hoping to go to the UK. Or they head to Scandinavia.

Anyway Europe has to seriously think about it future for its own people.

The Brits can brexit means still got hope.
Unlike the French recent elections shows the frogs still love their immigrants.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fuckers were targeting concert going teenagers. Real scums

An idiotic m&d muslim here has said muslims kill in self defence. It's not the fault of Islam, Islam is perfect...Islam is the religion of peace.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;4ywhv-016jY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywhv-016jY[/video]

[video=youtube;l7zZa6e8TZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7zZa6e8TZU[/video]

[video=youtube;4Y8fsUR_-RQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8fsUR_-RQ[/video]

"Manchester bomber named by police - BBC News"
bbc.com/news/uk-40020168
wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Manchester_Arena_bombing#Attacker

Salman Abedi, 22, has been named by police as the suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured 59 at Manchester Arena on Monday night.

The BBC understands he was Manchester born and from a family of Libyan origin.

Abedi had not been identified by the coroner so no further details would be given, Greater Manchester Police said.

So far three victims have been named - Saffie Rose Roussos, eight, Georgina Callande and 28-year-old John Atkinson.

Abedi, who has at least three siblings, had lived at several addresses in Manchester, including a property at Elsmore Road, Fallowfield, which was earlier raided by police.

Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said two warrants at two addresses had been carried out, including one where a controlled explosion had been used to gain "safe" access.

Last edited:

mee_siam_hum

Alfrescian
Loyal

just like 911 in NY, there are huge amount of Excited Celebrations Now, in many places.

http://www.newsweek.com/ariana-gran...r-nail-bomb-cheering-supporters-online-613776

ISIS Supporters Celebrate Ariana Grande Concert Explosion in Manchester
By Jason Le Miere On 5/22/17 at 9:27 PM

World
Manchester Arena
ISIS

Supporters of the Islamic State group (ISIS) are celebrating an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, that has killed at least 19 people and left another 50 injured. Social media accounts linked to ISIS supporters were posting messages supporting the deadly incident Monday night at the sold-out 21,000-capacity Manchester Arena.

The group has not claimed responsibility for the explosion, nor have any others, but police said they were investigating the incident as a terrorist attack.

Related: Ariana Grande concert live updates: Deaths confirmed in explosion in Manchester

See Newsweek Subscription Offers

One pro-ISIS post, highlighted by Rita Katz, a co-founder of the private intelligence firm Search International Terrorist Entities Intelligence Group, said, “Kill him everywhere, Britain and England and Manchester and UK and Britain.” Other accounts were linking to the first statement about the attacks by Greater Manchester Police.

1) No claim regarding blast in #Manchester, but #ISIS accounts celebrating the attack, disseminating media & threats pic.twitter.com/Z8VqKWUkXD
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) May 23, 2017

Pro-ISIS users called the incident a “successful and surprising blow” to Britain. It was framed as retaliation for the airstrikes that Britain has been carrying out on ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria.

2) Pro-#ISIS forum users call #Manchester attack “a successful and surprising blow,” to #Britain, frame attack as retaliation for airstrikes pic.twitter.com/aDu1KBHaCE
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) May 23, 2017

Michael Smith, a U.S.-based terrorism analyst, linked to further posts celebrating the attack on ISIS-linked Telegram channels. He said such response online was a “strong indicator” the attack was linked to the group.

BREAKING Key Islamic State-linked Telegram channel now touting initial official statement re ostensible terrorist attack in #Manchester pic.twitter.com/qcykl92wFo
— Michael S. Smith II (@MichaelSSmithII) May 23, 2017

SCREENSHOTS Growing celebrations of situation in #Manchester on key Islamic State-linked Telegram channels. Strong indicator of IS linkage pic.twitter.com/RSJBt0gJcR
— Michael S. Smith II (@MichaelSSmithII) May 23, 2017

There were similar posts from ISIS supporters online following an attack near British Parliament in London in March. (The group later claimed responsibility for that attack.)

The source of Monday's explosion was reportedly a nail bomb, the same type of device ISIS used in an attack in Brussels in March 2016.
Request Reprint or Submit Correction

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;o0vZo7Rjx2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0vZo7Rjx2A[/video]

[video=youtube;PTrPYc9QiTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrPYc9QiTM[/video]

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester attack: Who was Salman Abedi?

Police have named 22-year-old Salman Ramadan Abedi as the person suspected of carrying out the suicide attack at Manchester Arena on Monday evening.

Abedi was born in Manchester on New Year's Eve 1994 to Libyan parents, who had fled that country after becoming opponents of Colonel Gaddafi's repressive regime.

Having spent a few years in London, the family moved to Manchester where his father used to do the call to prayer at a mosque in Didsbury.

Abedi went to school in Manchester and on to Salford University before dropping out, and worked in a bakery. Friends remember him as a good footballer, a keen supporter of Manchester United and a user of cannabis.

He had a sister and two brothers.

His mother and father are now believed to be back living in Libya, and for a while he left the UK too but he is believed to have returned in the last few days.
Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said Abedi had not been formally named by the coroner.

Abedi's family lived at more than one address in the city, including a property at Elsmore Road in the Fallowfield area that was raided by police.
Officers also carried out a search of a property in Whalley Range.

More at https://www.prolificcrap.com/forum/current-affairs/manchester-attack-who-was-salman-abedi

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester attack: Who was Salman Abedi?

Police have named 22-year-old Salman Ramadan Abedi as the person suspected of carrying out the suicide attack at Manchester Arena on Monday evening.

Abedi was born in Manchester on New Year's Eve 1994 to Libyan parents, who had fled that country after becoming opponents of Colonel Gaddafi's repressive regime.

Having spent a few years in London, the family moved to Manchester where his father used to do the call to prayer at a mosque in Didsbury.

Abedi went to school in Manchester and on to Salford University before dropping out, and worked in a bakery. Friends remember him as a good footballer, a keen supporter of Manchester United and a user of cannabis.

He had a sister and two brothers.

His mother and father are now believed to be back living in Libya, and for a while he left the UK too but he is believed to have returned in the last few days.
Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said Abedi had not been formally named by the coroner.

Abedi's family lived at more than one address in the city, including a property at Elsmore Road in the Fallowfield area that was raided by police.
Officers also carried out a search of a property in Whalley Range.

More at https://www.prolificcrap.com/forum/current-affairs/manchester-attack-who-was-salman-abedi

No mention of Islamic terrorist. The stupidity of the left is incredible.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wonder if something similar happened in Singapore , where will the police hide ?
Jokes aside , can Singapore be prepared against such threat ?

jw5

Loyal

Everything we know about Salman Abedi, the Manchester suicide bomber

Martin Evans
The Telegraph

The Manchester Arena suicide bomber had made trips to Libya as intelligence agencies combed his connections with al-Qaeda and Islamic State in his parents’ homeland.

Salman Abedi, 22, who was reportedly known to the security services, is thought to have returned from Libya as recently as this week.

A school friend told The Times: "He went to Libya three weeks ago and came back recently, like days ago."

Explosion rocks Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, in pictures

Abedi born in Manchester and grew up in tight-knit Libyan community that was known for its strong opposition to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s regime.

He had become radicalised recently - it is not entirely clear when - and had worshipped at a local mosque that has, in the past, been accused of fundraising for jihadists.

Abedi’s older brother Ismail had been a tutor at Didsbury mosque’s Koran school. The imam last night said that Salman Abedi, who wore Islamic dress, had shown him “the face of hate” when he gave a talk warning on the dangers of so-called Islamic State.

Family

Born in 1994, the second youngest of four children, Abedi’s parents were Libyan refugees who fled to the UK to escape Gaddafi.

His mother, Samia Tabbal, 50, and father, Ramadan Abedi, a security officer, were both born in Tripoli but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Whalley Range area of south Manchester where they had lived for at least a decade.

Abedi went to school locally and then on to Salford University in 2014 where he studied business management before dropping out. His trips to Libya, where it is thought his parents returned in 2011 following Gaddafi’s overthrow, are now subject to scrutiny including links to jihadists.

A group of Gaddafi dissidents, who were members of the outlawed Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), lived within close proximity to Abedi in Whalley Range.

Among them was Abd al-Baset Azzouz, a father-of-four from Manchester, who left Britain to run a terrorist network in Libya overseen by Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s successor as leader of al-Qaeda.

Azzouz, 48, an expert bomb-maker, was accused of running an al-Qaeda network in eastern Libya. The Telegraph reported in 2014 that Azzouz had 200 to 300 militants under his control and was an expert in bomb-making.

Terror links

Another member of the Libyan community in Manchester, Salah Aboaoba told Channel 4 news in 2011 that he had been fund raising for LIFG while in the city. Aboaoba had claimed he had raised funds at Didsbury mosque, the same mosque attended by Abedi. The mosque at the time vehemently denied the claim. “This is the first time I’ve heard of the LIFG. I do not know Salah,” a mosque spokesman said at the time.

At the mosque, Mohammed Saeed El-Saeiti, the imam at the Didsbury mosque yesterday branded Abedi an dangerous extremist. “Salman showed me the face of hate after my speech on Isis,” said the imam. “He used to show me the face of hate and I could tell this person does not like me. It’s not a surprise to me.”

Salman visited the mosque on a number of occasions to pray, but the imam insisted “he was not my friend, he is not close. I could understand that he was not happy with me because I did combat Isis in that Friday sermon sometimes”.

The imam added: “When he passed by me, we Muslims greet each other and you know he is not happy with me if he doesn’t greet you.”

The home

At the Abedi family home in Elsmore Road, a non-descript red-brick terrace, neighbours told how Abedi had become increasingly devout and withdrawn.

Lina Ahmed, 21, said: “They are a Libyan family and they have been acting strangely. A couple of months ago he [Salman] was chanting the first kalma [Islamic prayer] really loudly in the street. He was chanting in Arabic.

“He was saying ‘There is only one God and the prophet Mohammed is his messenger’.’

A family friend, who described the Abedis as “very religious”, said most of the family had returned to Libya, leaving only Salman and his older brother Ismail behind.

“They have not been there for quite a while. Different people come and go,” said Alan Kinsey, 52, a car-delivery driver who lives across the street. Mr Kinsey’s wife, Frances, 48, a care worker, said she believed that the parents had left before Christmas and just one or two young men had been living in the property.

Mr Kinsey said a huge flag, possibly Iraqi or Libyan, had been hanging from their house. “There was a large Iraqi flag hanging out the window but we never thought anything or it,” added Mr Kinsey, “We thought it was about football or a protest at home or something.”

Police raids

Neighbours woke up to the reality that the quiet young man next door had blown himself up, murdering at least 22 innocent victims.

Police blasted down the door of the family home at 11.30am. According to locals, two helicopters and at least 30 police officers in camouflage, riot gear and shields arrived for the raid.

“The police were very heavily armed. All of them. It was like something out of a war scene,” said Mr Kinsey.

“It was terrifying. About thirty of them arrived in camouflage and riot gear and removed the wooden fence between two properties.

“Then they attached a black strip to the door and there was a loud explosion. The door came off its hinges. The windows were shaking. The whole operation lasted about 90 seconds.

“I didn’t see them leading anyone out of the house. I believe it was empty.”