• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Father hanged for drug trafficking.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall how drugs became less readily available to general society after the death sentence was introduced. There are families that have lost one parent usually the bread winner to an industrial accident, traffic accident or to a medical condition. The single parent did not go into a stupor but had to work as cleaners, kitchen hand or took on some role to feed their kids. Drug traffickers are not conscripted but take it on to make money. The father made that choice and it harmed society. The father could have been a hawker and people would have respected that.

http://www.theindependent.sg/his-father-was-hanged-now-he-tells-what-happened-to-his-family-after-that/
His father was hanged, now he tells what happened to his family after that
May 20, 2017213
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

We are often told that the death penalty is a “deterrent” and therefore it is a necessary punishment for those who traffic drugs..

While it is true that drugs destroys not only the addict but also the families of the addict, it is also true that the death sentence similarly can destroy the family of the trafficker.

Vick Martin says his father was hanged for trafficking in drugs, and it destroyed his mother.

Martin was only 14 then.

Now 32-years old, Martin relates the aftermath of his father’s death, carried out by the state.

Here is Martin’s Facebook post, without edits.

—————————-

Abolish the Death Penalty….

My very own experience… 16 july 1999.. My father was Hang to Death by the government of Singapore for trafficking drugs. I was a 14year old boy who have 2 older brothers and 1 younger bro. It changed the lives of my family and myself.

My mother started to drink to drown her sorrows that there is nothing she could do to save her husband. She eventually started to be an alcoholic and could not look after us. She became very depressed and lost focus in her life.

My brothers and i started to go wayward as there was no one to look after us. We started to mix with the “wrong” company and got ourselves into loads of trouble with the Law. I have be incarcerated a couple of times myself. We dropped out of school. Joined gangs. And practically lost the sense of living a proper live. We did whatever we took was right and started to rebel against all forms of authority. Now i am 32yrs old. After 18yrs of “trial and error” i have so far been out of prison for the past 4 years. I have learnt my lessons but what i experienced and when through shaped me as a different individual. The sad thing is, i am not even sure if i am a proper person or not as i dont have my parents guidance from a very young age.

My Question to the Goverment,
How is it fair for my family and i to be destroyed based on my father’s action? What did we do to suffer this? My father sold drugs to people who were already drug addicts and knew what they were getting themselves in to. Those guys are guilty people and not innocence citizen. My family and i are innocence citizens when the government decided to Execute my father. How is that fair? What did we do to deserve this?? By taking his live, 5 other people (my family) had to share his consequences. Do u think thats Justice?

This is only my story. I m sure there are many many more familes have been destroyed because of the Death Penalty. So many other innocent people have had to suffer because of the Government’s desicion to “Murder” People. How or what are you going to tell all these innocent people that has been affected by your decision??

I personally feel that there is not enough support and education given to prevent drug addicts to change their life or new addicts from starting the habit. The Goverment is not doing enough to help these addicts to change their lives. By incarcerating there for years and years is not going to break that habit. Its a psychological problem. We should not run away from our problems but to face it. By throwing them into prison is like running away from the problems. We have to find a solution to stop them from going back to their old ways. Give them more support when they are released from prison. Give them better paying jobs so they can start their lives properly. Most of these people are from the lower rungs of our society. They need the support and help from the Goverment. If the government dont help their own people, than who will help them?? We are humans. We all commit mistakes and we all deserve multiple chances to change our lives. I hope and pray the The Government will do more to help and educate the people and abolish the Death Penalty. Killing a live will not stop the crime. STOP CRIMES NOT LIVES Just my 2 cents worth.

My deepest condolences to Ridzuan’s Family and to all those that have gone thru the same fate as him. God bless

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fark this feller Martin

Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.

He should blame his own father for poisoning the youth of Singapore. How many families did this drug trafficker destroy? Now he blames the Law of Singapore? I say Fark him

I have had my loved ones addicted to drugs. My family suffered because of traffickers like his dad. Don't expect sympathy from victims of the drug trade. Had his father escaped arrest, he could've been a rich man with his ill gotten gains .....

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
with a name like vick martin want to bet how much shit skin DNA this eurasian has in him. :rolleyes:

It's a shitskin, drugs and alcohol is part of the genes.
PAP should have executed the whole family in that case.

https://www.facebook.com/vick.martin?fref=nf

1546195_768484546498500_1896296780_n.jpg

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore should had hang the few children together?!

What a crap sob story for anti-DP KNN!

What diff if his fucking drug trafficker daddy was instead locked up life sentence? Any better for him?

So should not had arrested his dear drug trafficker daddy and let him traffic 100KG per week to feed his family luxury lifestyle huh?

He was fed on drug crime profit at the expense of drug crime victims! People died because addicts killed them to rob cash to pay for drugs! May be if this idiot & his siblings were not born or died before age of 1, that father did not have to traffic drugs to take care of financial burdens! It is all their fucking faults, this idiot and siblings should had been dead!

KNN! CCB!

Anti-DP crap exploits STUPID SYMPATHY and have no fucking brains, and completely lack logic, completely out of balance, never take into account of losses and deaths caused by bastards involved in drugs. Those dead victims are completely innocent they did not do drugs nor traffic drugs, they got killed and robbed by addicts, these fucking scums grew up on filthy drug profits, and KPKB sob stories calling for sympathy and anti-DP? HANG THEM 1st!

Fucktard LKY should had Duterte-style Drug War Death Squad opened fire at his home killed all of his Drug Crime family and he won't grow up KPKB about DP, KNN! CCB@!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have met families that have a son or daughter they have lost to drugs. Some of them are well respected in society and includes the former distinguished principal of RI. I met an elderly lady in Jurong who was assaulted repeatedly by her addict son every time he was realised from DRC. I know of daughters who sold themselves for drugs. I know of 2 blocks in Taman Jurong that over time had lost their children to drugs in a matter of 10 years since the 70s.

One of the 4 sons of Swee Kee Chicken rice king who is now suing his brothers was a full blown drug addict for years. So was one of the sons of Jalan Kayu Roti prata owner. In the 70s and 80s drug addiction cut thru the young adults in such a pervasive manner.

I don't know of any other phenomenon other than drug abuse that not only destroys an individual but also their families in such a drastic manner. I would happy to hang traffickers personally for the state for free.

I have had my loved ones addicted to drugs. My family suffered because of traffickers like his dad. Don't expect sympathy from victims of the drug trade. Had his father escaped arrest, he could've been a rich man with his ill gotten gains .....

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know of any other phenomenon other than drug abuse that not only destroys an individual but also their families in such a drastic manner. I would happy to hang traffickers personally for the state for free.

The rampant abuse of H in the 70s-80s did cause lasting pain = I remember how prime dealers would typically buy "rocks" of H and grind them down into straws (the same kopi tiam drink stalls) and carry them around in their underwear or mouths. Going rate was $15-$18 per straw - and there were white and pink coloured variants. Newspaper reports of busts typically described this. There were a couple brothers in AMK who were major players in H in the 80s - note they were not Malay but Chinese. It was only in the early mid-late 90s that there was encroachment on this traditional turf which then led to the establishment of the Omega gang and the three heads who decided they did not want to be mere footsoldiers anymore. And it got very violent because Omega (and its YP spawn) led to alot of deaths following staring incidents and kick-offs between rival gangs. But behind this all was a struggle for control of the H trade it seems.

So as devil's advocate, I ask - would you be willing executioners for the ganja dealers - yet to come across any family directly affected by a strictly ganja user (and this query is not an attempted defence of the Metro scion).

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
H was the big issue then and the damage was horrifying. Ganja was far down the ladder but it was the drug that led to addicts graduating up the ladder. Ganja created a pool and some in that pool would fall slave to the hard stuff. No issues for me hanging Ganja traffickers as the amount involved is much much more than H for the gallows. It took nearly 20 years for the authorities to realise that Ganja traffickers were also contributing to the malaise.

I do agree that strict ganja users are nowhere close to what H addicts do to their families and society. They also tend to function meaningly in society as well.

The rampant abuse of H in the 70s-80s did cause lasting pain = I remember how dealers would typically buy "rocks" of H and grind them down into straws (the same kopi tiam drink stalls) and carry them around in their underwear or mouths. Going rate was $15-$18 per straw - and there were white and pink coloured variants.

So as devil's advocate, I ask would you be executioners for the ganja dealers - yet to come across any family directly affected by a strictly ganja user.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I noticed that your posts contain great and accurate details. I always wondered about your background.

The mouth, the price etc are spot on. Home Affairs were saddled with the drug issue that the cabinet decided to give CNB access to information that is only given to ISD and not the Police. The cabinet also decided to go hard and used CLPS detention for traffickers including foreigners including one kingpin from HK who sailed into Singapore in his yacht.

I do remember one case where a major trafficker in Bt Batok who was one legged due to a motorcycle accident that nobody was prepared to sign the detention order because he was an invalid. In the end, the neighbourhood that he operated became a drug haven. Shows you how fast drug latches on.

NS helped tremendously to arrest the drug epidemic and helped many kick the habit. Sadly not all Malays were conscripted and they became drawn to drugs.

The rampant abuse of H in the 70s-80s did cause lasting pain = I remember how prime dealers would typically buy "rocks" of H and grind them down into straws (the same kopi tiam drink stalls) and carry them around in their underwear or mouths. Going rate was $15-$18 per straw - and there were white and pink coloured variants. Newspaper reports of busts typically described this. There were a couple brothers in AMK who were major players in H in the 80s - note they were not Malay but Chinese. It was only in the early mid-late 90s that there was encroachment on this traditional turf which then led to the establishment of the Omega gang and the three heads who decided they did not want to be mere footsoldiers anymore. And it got very violent because Omega (and its YP spawn) led to alot of deaths following staring incidents and kick-offs between rival gangs. But behind this all was a struggle for control of the H trade it seems.

So as devil's advocate, I ask - would you be willing executioners for the ganja dealers - yet to come across any family directly affected by a strictly ganja user (and this query is not an attempted defence of the Metro scion).

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I noticed that your posts contain great and accurate details. I always wondered about your background.

The mouth, the price etc are spot on. Home Affairs were saddled with the drug issue that the cabinet decided to give CNB access to information that is only given to ISD and not the Police. The cabinet also decided to go hard and used CLPS detention for traffickers including foreigners including one kingpin from HK who sailed into Singapore in his yacht.

I do remember one case where a major trafficker in Bt Batok who was one legged due to a motorcycle accident that nobody was prepared to sign the detention order because he was an invalid. In the end, the neighbourhood that he operated became a drug haven. Shows you how fast drug latches on.

NS helped tremendously to arrest the drug epidemic and helped many kick the habit. Sadly not all Malays were conscripted and they became drawn to drugs.

Unfortunately the way NS allocation was structured it was unfortunate for the Malay community because Civil Defence was another cesspool of drug abusers (and not so much the PA for obvious reasons).

I almost alluded to the gradual transition from ganja to H - from S5/$10 a satay stick to $15/$18 was not too far off but things changed with ice and prices for ganja and H skyrocketed (also probably due to the higher costs of living in SG).

There were many notorious areas back then - Teban Gardens, Woodlands, Bedok central (up on the hill opposite the library), Tampines, Kallang, St George's... it was a very different battle and ironically the druggies would naturally gravitate from one neighbourhood to the other whenever there was a big raid - mind you there were no smartphones then of course and everything was word of mouth and introduction via a connected party - so there was another code of conduct that applied even though these druggies were extremely loyal to their separate neighbourhoods and would not stray unless they absolutely had to when there had been a major bust.

Whether intentionally or not, there were certain GPs practices that actually played a part in both helping the druggies get high as well as to kick the habit - as you are aware there was a graduation from Ganja to H but it also worked the other way with prescriptions for Erimin and Upjohn helping the druggies wean themselves off somehow. The consequences of H addicts high on erimin were disastrous but it did help some. The soft landing on ganja was the final call before getting off altogether but many just failed and relapsed - also because the familiar cycle of the neighbourhood and lack of family structure and jobs played a part.

It is really a plague upon man and I was told that as the drugs came from the Golden Triangle they had the typically incantations of the Buddhist believers which meant that once H the serpent got hold of you she would never let go.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another interesting phenomenon was the no-go areas for the enforcement folks where expat kids hang around such as Farrer Road Hawker centre, Far East etc. The last thing they wanted was to hang an expat. Then the expat parents complained why drugs were readily available as their kids told them. To address that issue they roped in Kiwi soldiers to act as buyers in sting operations.

Unfortunately the way NS allocation was structured it was unfortunate for the Malay community because Civil Defence was another cesspool of drug abusers (and not so much the PA for obvious reasons).

I almost alluded to the gradual transition from ganja to H - from S5/$10 a satay stick to $15/$18 was not too far off but things changed with ice and prices for ganja and H skyrocketed (also probably due to the higher costs of living in SG).

There were many notorious areas back then - Teban Gardens, Woodlands, Bedok central (up on the hill opposite the library), Tampines, Kallang, St George's... it was a very different battle and ironically the druggies would naturally gravitate from one neighbourhood to the other whenever there was a big raid - mind you there were no smartphones then of course and everything was word of mouth and introduction via a connected party - so there was another code of conduct that applied even though these druggies were extremely loyal to their separate neighbourhoods and would not stray unless they absolutely had to when there had been a major bust.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fat fuck SPG Kirsten han says she and her cheebye Leftist kakis like Teo Soh lung and Tan tee Seng oppose the death penalty for all cases even if someone kena gang raped, sodomised and beheaded

IMG_2102.JPG

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
At one stage, Malaysian Navy sailors based at Woodlands were also selling drugs....... Several were arrested and the Singapore govt used this as an excuse to pressure the Malaysians out from their woodlands base......

SARS_orchard

Alfrescian
Loyal
No forgiving nor sympathy what so ever! Culprits pay the price! Their families too!

Victims of drug related crimes paid their prices and they are innocent. Their families too!

Fuck all that Humanity Craps! Execute! Punish! Slay!

That is RESOLVE! NO MERCY!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP in revising the mandatory death penalty has in a way bowed to pressures of the anti death penalty Ang Mohs. This also make drug peddlers bolder.

And like what was written in the hangman book - we are balless to go after the Ang moh kingpins and drug lords. Hang one or two to show your steel.