• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Serial shoplifter Goh Lee Yin Suicide!!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ound-dead-one-day-before-court-appearance-for

SINGAPORE - A former engineer facing nine charges of theft was found dead at the foot of a block in Sengkang on Monday (May 15) morning, a day before her pre-trial conference for the latest theft spree.

Goh Lee Yin, 36, was accused of committing the offences, ranging from taking a gift bag that cost $6.10 to a Valentino dress that cost more than $10,000, on several occasions in 2015.

Goh, who was believed to have been charged in court last year (2016), allegedly stole more than $30,000 worth of items, including clothing from brands such as Kenzo, Louis Vuitton and Prada, and even a Breville oven.

It was not the first time she was accused of theft.

In 2005 and 2007, Goh was given probation for shoplifting. She was diagnosed with kleptomania back then.

People suffering from the condition have a recurrent urge to steal, although not for greed.

Goh Lee Yin, who has been given many chances after being caught shoplifting, failed in her appeal to escape jail for cheating - but she did managed to get her nine-month jail term halved for her latest offence, on Friday, Nov 22, 2013. -- ST FIL

Goh was in and out of jail for similar offences twice in 2011.

She also pleaded guilty then to tricking two women into handing over four Hermes handbags worth a total of $97,000.

In response to media queries, a police spokesman said on Wednesday (May 17) that they were alerted to a case of unnatural death on Monday at Block 405B, Fernvale Lane, around 6.50am.

The police said a 36-year-old woman was found motionless at the foot of the block, and she was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene. Investigations are ongoing.

Additional reporting by Elena Chong

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
klept.jpg

Slim waist monkey face.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
courts has blood on their hands, instesd od subjecting her to IMH, psychology counselling and treatment, to SPF ,case closed.

If its a dead dalit carcass, good riddance!!! HIP HIP HURRAY!!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor girl. I know someone who knew her personally. Had issues with telling stories as well .. Definitely needed psychological help but it's too late now

RIP

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wondered if people like her had internalised kleptomania as a disease which they felt they had no control over rather than a conduct issue which they could have worked on. What a waste of life. I have seen people who have been diagnosed with depression who never came out of it because they took as a condition and accepted it.

I had a relative who went into cocoon after her mother suffered a stroke and became disabled. She just slept most of the time for 6 months. Her family thought she had depression and even convinced her that she had depression and was about to go to hospital for a proper diagnosis. I talked them out of it and told them it just an episode. She is back to normal - no label, no medication etc. I wondered if a diagnosis would have been self -fulfilling.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
May she receive all the healing she needs, in the afterlife.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cottonmouth again.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP.
I feel sad that no religious, medical nor psychology expert (e.g. IMH) in Singapore managed to channel her energy into something useful to society.

Was she the one whose boyfriend was a doctor whose family stood by as her guarantor ?

Guess she ran out of options this time round.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP.
I feel sad that no religious, medical nor psychology expert (e.g. IMH) in Singapore managed to channel her energy into something useful to society.

Was she the one whose boyfriend was a doctor whose family stood by as her guarantor ?

In PAP's Zikapore, it's all about money.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RIP.

She's already an engineer,what useful thing u want to channel her into?

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's already an engineer,what useful thing u want to channel her into?
I mean in a moral sense. People with professional qualifications can be the most dangerous people because they know how the system works: a lawyer can steal an entire railway line if he knows how to get the paperwork done, likewise a bomb disposal military guy can easily wire up a bomb to kill many people if he wants to...

Lee Yin must have received little guidance when young and perhaps took the same greed in every Singaporean to the extreme (Singaporeans are the biggest spenders in gahmen lotteries in the world, so pls DO NOT deny that Singaporeans are not addicted to material wealth). If only someone had attempted to give her some moral guidance, explaining to her why her actions were harmful to society and what actions she should take to improve her conduct (decrease her addiction to material things) so as to be an honoured member of society (despite all societies flaws and inequalities) (rather than being repeatedly thrown into jail and worrying her friends + relatives)
================
Singaporeans, addicted to material things, are the world's biggest gamblers :

Small country, large stakes: S'poreans are world's biggest gamblers
Small country, large stakes: S'poreans are world's biggest gamblers
GODWIN NG
THE NEW PAPER May 27, 2015
Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays are Mr Chan Kim Ban's favourite days of the week.
At 7pm on those days, the retiree turns on his iPad and opens the SG Live4D application to check the latest 4D results.
Why broad scope on Bill for remote gambling
Punters bet close to $8b a year on 4D, horse racing and Toto
'0000' strikes big in 4D again
More bankrupts due to gambling and speculation
Mr Chan, 82, is an avid punter who has been betting with Singapore Pools since its inception in 1968.
He told The New Paper: "I started gambling when I was 30. Back then, there was no Singapore Pools so I placed my bets with private operators."
He estimates that he has spent over $100,000 in bets with Singapore Pools and spends close to $5,000 a year on 4D and the occasional Toto.
While the national average spent by local gamblers last year is much lower at US$1,019 (S$1,361), it was enough for La Fleur's Magazine, which reports on the US$262 billion global lottery industry, to name Singaporeans as the biggest lottery spenders.
That figure is close to 1.5 times that of the second-ranked Massachusetts State Lottery, where the average spent last year was US$730

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/small-country-large-stakes-sporeans-are-worlds-biggest-gamblers

Last edited:

Goldcheekon

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cause of kleptomania isn't known. Several theories that suggest that changes in the brain may be at the root of kleptomania. More research is needed to better understand these possible causes, but kleptomania may be:

Linked to problems with a naturally occurring brain chemical (neurotransmitter) called serotonin. Serotonin helps regulate moods and emotions. Low levels of serotonin are common in people prone to impulsive behaviors.
Related to addictive disorders, and stealing may cause the release of dopamine (another neurotransmitter). Dopamine causes pleasurable feelings, and some people seek this rewarding feeling again and again.
Linked to the brain's opioid system. Urges are regulated by the brain's opioid system. An imbalance in this system could make it harder to resist urges.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/kleptomania/basics/causes/con-20033010

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean in a moral sense. People with professional qualifications can be the most dangerous people because they know how the system works: a lawyer can steal an entire railway line if he knows how to get the paperwork done, likewise a bomb disposal military guy can easily wire up a bomb to kill many people if he wants to...

Lee Yin must have received little guidance when young and perhaps took the same greed in every Singaporean to the extreme (Singaporeans are the biggest spenders in gahmen lotteries in the world, so pls DO NOT deny that Singaporeans are not addicted to material wealth). If only someone had attempted to give her some moral guidance, explaining to her why her actions were harmful to society and what actions she should take to improve her conduct (decrease her addiction to material things) so as to be an honoured member of society (despite all societies flaws and inequalities) (rather than being repeatedly thrown into jail and worrying her relatives)..

our guess is she had some psychological issues which was inflicted since young. something to do with her insecurities growing up in a less privileged home. She did well in university and landed a good job at SIA. There was no need for her to steal branded handbags and weave a fantasy tale of a loving father among her friends (her father had passed away when she was young). But I guess some scars are just too deep