• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Anatomy of a S’pore Financial Disaster: GIC’s investment in UBS

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not happy fuck off, migrate.
Not happy with pap then join politics form opposition party.
This type is old fart's rhetoric....
I say lanjiao to that. Want to go or want to say is not your motherfucking cb business. Every sinkie got a right to stay.

yes. Every Singaporean has a right to stay in Singapore as long as we want.

and every Singaporean has a right to scold pap if he/she pap is not doing its job.

Dont let LKY, LHL, Amy Khor or any pap member tell you to migrate if you are not happy with SG or pap.

I rebut them by telling them that i dont like pap but i choose to stay and scold them for not doing their job.

So what is Amy Khor gg to do to me if I dont like pap, choose to stay and choose to scold her with facts and statistics?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, i despise assholes like you too. pretend to be buddy buddy, and then turn round and call people hypocrites? who is the hypocrite now?

Only a fucktard like you don't realize you can still make money from a sinking ship. FTs come here and make money off the system. PAP elites and their family make money off the system. Why can't I make money too? I am born and raised here, you mean I cannot make a profit but everyone else can? Fuck your cheebye ok? Its the least I can do to the moronic 70% that voted for the PAP.

This nayr69sg is a real cannon and asshole.
A while say he doctor say he open maid agency.
Support pap then u turn again.
Fuck this dog.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say lanjiao to that. Want to go or want to say is not your motherfucking cb business. Every sinkie got a right to stay.

Narong well said.thoses who left already just go .
Don't need say a load of cum stories.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
yes. Every Singaporean has a right to stay in Singapore as long as we want.

and every Singaporean has a right to scold pap if he/she pap is not doing its job.

Dont let LKY, LHL, Amy Khor or any pap member tell you to migrate if you are not happy with SG or pap.

I rebut them by telling them that i dont like pap but i choose to stay and scold them for not doing their job.

So what is Amy Khor gg to do to me if I dont like pap, choose to stay and choose to scold her with facts and statistics?

Yes, you are right. Singapore is not the PAP and the PAP is not singapore. Singapore is greater then any one single political party. Hating the PAP is not the same as hating SIngapore. U can hate the PAP and love singapore. If you love singapore, then you stay. The PAP can go fuck themselves. if they are not happy about you criticizing them, they can leave singapore.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are right. Singapore is not the PAP and the PAP is not singapore. Singapore is greater then any one single political party. Hating the PAP is not the same as hating SIngapore. U can hate the PAP and love singapore. If you love singapore, then you stay. The PAP can go fuck themselves. if they are not happy about you criticizing them, they can leave singapore.

We must educate pap and especially Amy Khor of this basic truth:

Singapore is not pap. pap is not Singapore. A Singaporean can love Singapore but hate pap. A Singaporean can choose to stay in Singapore and f..k pap.

If Amy Khor doesnt like this basic truth, she can leave Singapore

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Consider the following:

GIC is a Pte Ltd company. If it was listed on SGX, it would be one of the largest capitalized companies in it. Now imagine a large SGX listed company lost over $1.5 billion. What would happen? It shares will plummet in Price. Its stock might even have been suspended from trading. All shareholders and investors will be calling for the CEO and the BOD to resign. MAS will hold an investigation. People will be sacked and made accountable. Except, non of this happens for GIC. If the President Tony Tan is supposedly looking after our reserves, should he not immediately launch an investigation. After all, isn't lost money part of our reserves? Why isn't the auditor general calling for a complete audit of this company? Why has no one in GIC been sacked? Truly fucked up zikapore.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup, they have an excellent track record when it comes to 'making money'- the citizens of Singapore.

“Conditions have changed fundamentally since GIC invested in UBS in February 2008, as have UBS strategy and business,” GIC Chief Executive Officer Lim Chow Kiat said early Tuesday in a statement".

For the umpteenth time, there is no such thing as 'long-term' investment. Singaporeans should stop buying the long term investment pitch and BS by these clowns.

“It makes sense now for GIC to reduce its ownership of UBS and to redeploy these resources elsewhere.”

Yup, it makes a lot of sense to lose money after ten years............lol

what u mean theres no long term investments?theres long term investments,warren buffet has tons of them.

just that the excuse Temasek is using that UBS is a long term investment is bullshit and to con sinkies.....what changes in condition and UBS long term strategy and fundamentals recently?there is no changes UBS is still the same,what Temasek did was they simply bought a 11 billion dollar lemon in march 2008,and they did not realise it,although they should have all the bad news about UBS suffering huge losses from MBS and CDS was already coming out since last year,why the hell did they enter this deal that locked up their capital and shares for 2 years is beyond my mind.its almost like they willingly and happily agreed to be fucked in the ass.a few months later the bottom of the market fell out and the true extent of the damage from UBS's exposure to toxic bonds was known,and everyone had bailed and fled.except for one.

which reminds me of the line from margin call "what u telling me is that the music is about to stop,and we are going to be left with the biggest bag of odourous excrement ever assembled in the history of God".

its amazing,how Singapore banks actually had very little to do with the MBS securities toxic throughout the crisis.....but PAP and Temasek,in one fell swoop just dived right into the pool of odourous shit.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this was the meeting UBS had the night before they sold 230 million shares to Singapore.

[video=youtube;Hhy7JUinlu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhy7JUinlu0[/video]

"Sell it all today"

"Is that even possible son?"

"Yes....but at what cost?"

"im prepared to pay the price"

"Really?"

"I think so....where is this going to come back to us?"

"Everywhere"

"Sam i dont think you seem to understand what ur boy here just said!!"

"The real question is who are we selling this to?"

"same people we have been selling to all these time and those who wants to buy"

"John if u do this,u will kill the market for years....and u are selling something you know has no value"

"we are selling something at fair market value......SO THAT WE MAY SURVIVE!!!!"

"u will never sell anything to any of those people again!!!"

"I understand...."

"Do you?"

"DO YOU?THIS IS IT!!!!IM TELLING YOU1!!THIS IS IT!!!!"

"NOW CALL EVERYBODY AND SELL IT ALL!!!and call singapore and see if they are willing to buy 11 billion dollars of it"

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If PAP lose, the first thing the new gov should do is lock down the airport and seal all other exits until all investigations on every single mother fuckers in White are completed.

Hang those fuckers by their balls!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes yes yes,every sinkie got a right to stay?u say so but is it true?

Its the matrix my friend.It does not matter whether u choose to run or to stay and fight.Illusions of choice,vagaries of perception my friend.God gave us a mind,and the mind is a powerful thing,able to rationalize and reason almost anything.those who chose to run(to the matrix) will come up with the best arguments and reasons to convinve themselves why they choose to run,those who choose to stay would likewise rationalize the same way the others did even though they had no choice. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying to desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself.

Its like the poem "the road not taken" by robert frost.most people like to think its about the road less travelled and the protagonist chose to take the road less travelled because its the more honorable one,but that was not Robert frost's intentions.he intended to mock the protagonist in jest,he thought he had a choice,but the truth was both paths did not look different from each other,both paths were equally obscured,as described by the poem both paths went straight for a bit before they curved off into the distance,they could not see how the road ended or where it took them,they couldnt see very far into the future.although each road looked equally the same,he tried to convince himself,that the other looked grassier and wanted wear and he chose to take the road less travelled.most people make decisions in the whim of the moment,not really knowing how the future would end many many years later....everything else was just circumspect and rationalization.

this is concluded in the final stanza......i should be telling this with a sigh;somewhere ages and ages hence.that two roads diverged in a wood,and i took the road less travelled by(fooling himself) and that has made all the difference. he did not state whether the difference was good or bad,but merely that it was different.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
They must have got The Mentalist Patrick Jane in there to predict what SG would do. :biggrin:

this was the meeting UBS had the night before they sold 230 million shares to Singapore.

[video=youtube;Hhy7JUinlu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhy7JUinlu0[/video]

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a temporary setback, what gone? Money gone can earn back. Don't forget PAP has good track record emaking money.

what money did PAP make?

All I remember was that PAP lost $20B in suzhou and much $40+ billions during the financial crisis

absolutely !!
pee And pee has veri goot track record of making money from sillypootians.

some $$$ making business run by pee AND pee :
sinka-poor pools
Certific Cake uildOf Entitlement
N Till U Cii
Great Screwing Technique
High Density Builder
town cow-sir

jw5

Loyal
No need to be so greedy about money. You can't take the money with you when you die. Your children will probably fritter it away. Better that you spend your money on yourself while you are alive, get plastic surgery or something. :rolleyes:

Just a temporary setback, what gone? Money gone can earn back. Don't forget PAP has good track record making money.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

She is going to continue collecting her super high salary and laugh at you because 69.9% of sinkies continue to vote people like her.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Well, i despise assholes like you too. pretend to be buddy buddy, and then turn round and call people hypocrites? who is the hypocrite now?

Only a fucktard like you don't realize you can still make money from a sinking ship. FTs come here and make money off the system. PAP elites and their family make money off the system. Why can't I make money too? I am born and raised here, you mean I cannot make a profit but everyone else can? Fuck your cheebye ok? Its the least I can do to the moronic 70% that voted for the PAP.

Make money from a sinking ship. LOL!

If I am on a sinking ship I will get off. No use make money then later money and myself go down with the sinking ship.

PAP is giving sinkies exactly what sinkies want. The machinery to make money off the system. It's actually a good system for those who are making the money.

That one I think nobody disagrees with. So it is ironic some people who are making money off the PAP and sinking ship, vote against the PAP.