• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Anatomy of a S’pore Financial Disaster: GIC’s investment in UBS

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
social media is the worst,it gives people an outlet to vent and become more keyboard warriors thus reducing the likelyhood that sinkies will take action in real life like riot or strike(like the little india shitskins),people get used to the routine and become more passive.thanks to social media i have bitched about PAP for more than 7 years and done nothing about it.

of course there will be some extremely vocal pain in the butt anal warts and social justice warriors,but PAP has special machinery and laws to take care of them.almost every political activists since 2013 has already given up,gone into hiding or been silenced or had their spirits broken by the brutal ass fucking

Dun underestimate social media.
Do you know that many newbie Islamic terrorists were radicalised by social media?
Sinkies are brainwashed but maybe they just need that nudge to wake up from their stupor

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know that many newbie Islamic terrorists were radicalised by social media?
Sinkies are brainwashed but maybe they just need that nudge to wake up from their stupor

very easy. viral fake news of sg running out of kopi, kaya toast, eggs, laksa, mee pok, kake and kueh will cause a riot.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have to agree to disagree...if Singkies were to wake up it would have happened long ago...but the last erection has proven differently.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It is a different generation, during the late LKY times, it was by word of mouth & it starts spreading around, the 'tooth' gets smaller, the lies gets bigger. But if you show your 'muscle' most likely the people will cower, some will hit back though. But today...like you say with the social media, it gets spread faster than wildfire....plus people can go to the internet...to make 'weapons of choice' to hit back....no need to go armskote..

During LKY time, we could not have openly discussed things like we do here on this forum. All the media available at that time was controlled by PAP, that included print, radio and TV media. I could have have written a letter in the form of the first post on this thread, and mailed it to shit times and they would never have printed it. No one would have seen it and no one would be able to give their opinions or discuss it. Instead, today, I write this same letter, post it here, and now close to 9000 people have viewed this thread. This is the big difference and this is something that the PAP cannot control, but desperately want to.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
During LKY time, we could not have openly discussed things like we do here on this forum. All the media available at that time was controlled by PAP, that included print, radio and TV media. I could have have written a letter in the form of the first post on this thread, and mailed it to shit times and they would never have printed it. No one would have seen it and no one would be able to give their opinions or discuss it. Instead, today, I write this same letter, post it here, and now close to 9000 people have viewed this thread. This is the big difference and this is something that the PAP cannot control, but desperately want to.

PAP is still trying to control the flow of information and media in SG. PAP is not succeeding well not because it has seen the light but because of the emergence of alternate and social media.

PAP's control of information is slipping and this is the single most important factor that will expose the mistakes and lies of the pap and will eventually lead to its fall

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have to agree to disagree...if Singkies were to wake up it would have happened long ago...but the last erection has proven differently.

The erection was just propaganda. Sinkies buy into the propaganda and that's why they are still asleep. If the Gurkhas were ordered to shoot civilians on the street, it will be a different matter. If 500 sinkies went in front of the gates of the Istana and protested all the injustices and corruption in singapore, and the Gurkas shoot them down, its a whole new ball game.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
PAP is still trying to control the flow of information and media in SG. PAP is not succeeding well not because it has seen the light but because of the emergence of alternate and social media.

PAP's control of information is slipping and this is the single most important factor that will expose the mistakes and lies of the pap and will eventually lead to its fall

That is correct. Before social media, things like the Brompton bikes scandal would have been buried. same for the $470,000 National Arts Council Garbage bin centre, and the Herman Miller Office chairs, etc. We just have to keep whacking them, all is not loss as 30% of sinkies do see the light.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is correct. Before social media, things like the Brompton bikes scandal would have been buried. same for the $470,000 National Arts Council Garbage bin centre, and the Herman Miller Office chairs, etc. We just have to keep whacking them, all is not loss as 30% of sinkies do see the light.

There are taxpayers & citizens out there, who has to work hard, blood, sweat & tears for their money, to contribute to the coffers of government ministries here, which are no longer costs centers but money churning machines. They had became 'fat cats' with huge surplus despite the fact any surpluses they have to transfer to MOF. With huge amount of money made from levies, they could afford Herman Miller Office chairs, in which any organization however profitable they may be baulk at buying...I have made purchases of office chairs for a division of 2,000 persons I know. Have to call for quotation, get the cheapest, economical, lasting, presentable, affordable chairs. Submit proposal to management, who has to get the approvals of the managers & then the directors, signed,sealed & then give to accounts to make purchases....the cost...$6 for ordinary office chairs, Executives & managers gets the $50 ones. They wished they could get the "herman miller" ones..

My point is....they are very spendthrift, for money is so easy to make & so much they can make & it keeps flowing in....we have lost government ministries that were once, prudent & strict with their budget...for they consciously know that, they are spending public money...not the ministry they work in, is a 'business entity'...competing with the private sector....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You just proved my point.
Sinkies do have thresholds. Everyone has a trigger.....some might no even be aware of what their trigger is.

sinkies can also fight and riot while queueing up for hello kitty toys. spread the word that toys just run out after they have queued for 6.9 hours.

jw5

Loyal
Sinkies know what they want at different stages of their lives. Never under-estimate the resilience of Sinkies.

Yeah hopefully they can surprise at the next Singapore general election. In any case I think the problems with Singapore are more deep rooted and a simple regime change cannot save Singapore anymore. But that's my opinion. I know many Singaporeans are still hopeful that somehow things will get better although they have no idea who or how that will come about.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just proved my point.
Sinkies do have thresholds. Everyone has a trigger.....some might no even be aware of what their trigger is.

What threshold what trigger? All I know is I got a bunch of beautiful carnations on Sunday and you don't. Hahaha!

jw5

Loyal
In France, it is a traditional funeral flower, given in condolence for the death of a loved one.

What threshold what trigger? All I know is I got a bunch of beautiful carnations on Sunday and you don't. Hahaha!

jw5

Loyal
Those taxpayers and citizens got what they asked for. They had options to change things but didn't take them. They decided they would toil for their livelihood. Too bad, that's life.

There are taxpayers & citizens out there, who has to work hard, blood, sweat & tears for their money, to contribute to the coffers of government ministries here, which are no longer costs centers but money churning machines. They had became 'fat cats' with huge surplus despite the fact any surpluses they have to transfer to MOF. With huge amount of money made from levies, they could afford Herman Miller Office chairs, in which any organization however profitable they may be baulk at buying...I have made purchases of office chairs for a division of 2,000 persons I know. Have to call for quotation, get the cheapest, economical, lasting, presentable, affordable chairs. Submit proposal to management, who has to get the approvals of the managers & then the directors, signed,sealed & then give to accounts to make purchases....the cost...$6 for ordinary office chairs, Executives & managers gets the $50 ones. They wished they could get the "herman miller" ones..

My point is....they are very spendthrift, for money is so easy to make & so much they can make & it keeps flowing in....we have lost government ministries that were once, prudent & strict with their budget...for they consciously know that, they are spending public money...not the ministry they work in, is a 'business entity'...competing with the private sector....

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
They must have been "disappointed" because they made "honest mistakes".

(Bloomberg) -- Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC Pte ceased being the biggest shareholder in UBS Group AG after cutting its ownership by almost half, saying it was “disappointed” that it lost money during nearly a decade in which it was invested in the Swiss bank.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
sinkies can also fight and riot while queueing up for hello kitty toys. spread the word that toys just run out after they have queued for 6.9 hours.

Yes, if sinkies
had the same passion for hello kitty as they do for politics they will be rioting on the streets against the PAP. But the positive about this is that sinkies are passionate about some things, kicking out the PAP is not one of them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U know, it never used to be like this. Once upon a time, the PAP, Old Fart and GKS and the first gen watched their pennies. The ministries used recycled paper, every budget was scrutinized. Temasek was a small office in MOF run by a few civil servants. Now every body has a new custom build building, including Temasek, CPF, etc. This fucking govt is spending money like it was going out of style. I really believe they have no money left.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Those taxpayers and citizens got what they asked for. They had options to change things but didn't take them. They decided they would toil for their livelihood. Too bad, that's life.

Don't blame them, its called this:
Stockholm syndrome consists of "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other

jw5

Loyal
Among the 69.6%, only some are afflicted with Stockholm syndrome. There are also those who think they have something to gain, and others who are impressionable and hence, brainwashed.

Don't blame them, its called this:
Stockholm syndrome consists of "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Among the 69.6%, only some are afflicted with Stockholm syndrome. There are also those who think they have something to gain, and others who are impressionable and hence, brainwashed.

I figure 30% will never vote for PAP
no matter what. 10-20% are swing votes. They can go either way. The 2011 election, 10% when over to the oppo and that's why they had 40% of the votes. This last election, they came back to the PAP. 20% are not PAP supporters but will always vote PAP because their livelihood is dependent on a bloated govt bureacracy. That leaves 40% die hard sinkies who are PAP supporters..