• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Anyone buying Noble shares?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Time to short Noble? It looks like of the more well-known commodities firm, only Wilmar is consistently doing well.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well what are the prospects of the company?i remember sheldon adelson's Sands LV almost went bankrupt in 2008 financial crisis while building MBS,but lucky they pulled through and now hes a bajillionaire again.

but gambling is a different beast from commodities.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought that Noble was history. Anyone plan to buy Noble now that is is going for 87.5 cents or do people expect it to fall further?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-plunge-to-14-year-low-after-flagging-losses
Noble Group Shares Suffer Biggest Ever Slide After Loss Warning

Never, never try to catch a falling knife.

noble.png

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the last chance to buy Noble before it goes kaput :eek:
If Madam Ho owns Noble, then Spore taxpayers are going to lose $$$ :(

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...hares-tumble-after-s-and-p-ratings-downgrade/

Noble shares tumble after S&P ratings downgrade

SINGAPORE: Embattled commodity trader Noble Group Ltd suspended trading of its shares on Tuesday following a 32% plunge, as S&P downgraded its long-term corporate credit ratings, citing continuing weak cash flows and profitability.

The Singapore-listed firm has suffered fresh setbacks this month, reporting a quarterly loss that pummelled its stocks and bonds.

Citing sources, Reuters reported on Monday that China's state-owned Sinochem is no longer pursuing an investment in Noble due to concerns over its finances and business outlook.

This has deepened its struggles to repair investor confidence in the past two years after a questioning of its accounts by Iceberg Research and a commodities downturn that triggered a share price collapse, credit downgrades and a series of writedowns, asset sales and fund raising. Noble has stood by its accounts.

"We downgraded Noble because we believe the company's capital structure is not sustainable," S&P said late on Monday, cutting Noble's long-term corporate credit rating to CCC+ from B+. It added that the outlook is negative.

"We could lower our rating on Noble if the company's liquidity position further deteriorates to the extent that we see an increased likelihood of failure to meet debt obligations due in the next 12 months," it said.

Before the trading halt, which was requested less than an hour after the market open, Noble shares dropped as much as 32% to S$0.40, the lowest since 2001.

The slide in Noble shares began earlier this month after the firm reported a surprise quarterly loss of US$129.3 million for January-March. Noble's market value has since shrunk to a low of about US$400 million from US$6 billion in February 2015.

The Sinochem move, the only large-scale name publicly linked to Noble in recent times, is a setback to the commodity trader.

It comes at a time when it is set to negotiate a crucial rollover of a US$2 billion credit facility secured on its inventories and working capital.

It has also kicked off a strategic review of its businesses under new chairman Paul Brough. - Reuters

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You prolly better off buying an actual commodities producer, rather then a trader in commodities. My resource stocks are all up since the mini crash from 2015.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are so many companies out there & many are doing ok to very well. I've had my share of bad investments but it's a numbers game. You just sell the bad ones & keep the good ones & then look at other investments.

I don't know how Ho Ching picks them UBS, Noble,....., all big loses. Makes one wonder about the other big loses that Temasek is hiding :rolleyes:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Noble is fighting for its life now,” said Owen Gallimore, head of credit strategy at Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd,
who has been covering Noble Group since 2008 and has been underweight on the bonds since 2015.

“We’re not sure how long it can sustain without a white knight.”

Meanwhile S'pore largest broking house, UOBKayHian has placed Noble on the firm's restricted watch list.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how Ho Ching picks them UBS, Noble,....., all big loses. Makes one wonder about the other big loses that Temasek is hiding :rolleyes:

Didn't Temasek go "all-in" into china last year? So look for china big crash coming soon, and don't forget snapchat also!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't Temasek go "all-in" into china last year? So look for china big crash coming soon, and don't forget snapchat also!

savvy investors have known for quite some time that if one does the opposite of temasick heshe'll be rewarded in due time. let's say they set the bar in predicting harbingers of risk and reward accurately in the opposite direction. :p