• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chew Eng Han's questions to Court of Appeal. City Harvest Church

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People were surprised that he was challenging the conviction rather than the sentence. Looks like its all or nothing. Or is there more to it.

Do look at the questions right below in italics, they appear novel and even laughable. He was the main architect and he designed the various vehicles and the roundtripping flow. He also benefitted the most besides Kong and wife not from the actual siphoning of building funds but Kong and the Church gave substantial funds to his investment business.

He is basically asking if a theft has occurred but the committee has ratified the theft is it theft. And more alarming can it be considered theft if the person behind the theft thought it was legal. I am using theft to simplify it. He knows full well that the congregation was kept in the dark and their representative body did not give approval for using the building fund to fund the wife's career. The sales of her album releases were also grossly inflated. The fact that roundtripping was involved clears shows intent to conceal.

The press states that his lawyer friends only helped him with filing procedures but not the content.

He could have said that he followed blindly and out of loyalty to Kong. And that would be a mitigating factor or the plan was that the wife's career would reap substantial returns to the building fund but things went wrong.

When someone takes this approach, it suggest that he has something else in mind, needs to buy time and possibly might not be around. Or plain crazy.

The ten questions of law that Chew has submitted to the Court of Appeal pursuant to Section 397 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

1. The question as to what is the meaning of "misappropriate" and the scope of the offence of misappropriation.
2. The question as to whether the court has correctly interpreted the meaning of "wrongful loss" and consequently whether its manner of determining the element of dishonesty produces an unsafe conviction.
3. The question whether the High Court has in substance made the crime of misappropriation and criminal breach of trust an offence of strict liability.
4. The question as to the effect of consent and ratification on an offence against property.
5. Question as to whether there is a conflict of judicial authority on two rules of law.
6. The question as to whether dishonesty can be present if the accused believed in the legality of his actions.
7. Question as to whether intent to defraud was proven.
8. The question as to the rules for determining the falsity of accounting entries and the creation of a false impression.
9. Question of law as to whether a conspiracy allegedly done in pursuance of and to cover a previous conspiracy can continue to be upheld if the initial conspiracy no longer stands.
12. Questions of law as to whether the payment of tax (GST) in pursuance of an advanced rental arrangement (ARLA) can constitute misappropriation and wrongful loss.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
he has great fighting spirit.
however I think there is very little chance for him to walk away free.
In fact the more he dragged and challenged the court, the heavier his sentence will doubled.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. He could have toed the line with the rest of the Church and get donations (privately) to fight the case. While everyone had SC, he did it on his own. Credit for the that. I suspect that he realised his mistake and now fighting for his family. But I also suspect that he might take off for his family again.

In fact the more he dragged and challenged the court, the heavier his sentence will doubled.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. He could have toed the line with the rest of the Church and get donations (privately) to fight the case. While everyone had SC, he did it on his own. Credit for the that. I suspect that he realised his mistake and now fighting for his family. But I also suspect that he might take off for his family again.

Just curious about this Chew bugger. He was a church member of chc . How come his own business was never in conflict of interest one ?

My estimate he and or his companies milk huge amount of business fees from the Church.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just curiuos the millions Chews made from chc ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-13-10-58-40_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-13-10-58-40_1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 291

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious about this Chew bugger. He was a church member of chc . How come his own business was never in conflict of interest one ?

My estimate he and or his companies milk huge amount of business fees from the Church.

This is a common practice among churches. They support the pastor, and when the church grows to a good size with good tithes and good income, they become members of the committee or inner circle where they are in a position to PLP and influence the pastor.

Then they will start proposing investments for the church fund. Their companies are offshoots of the church, just like the dancing school founded by some pretty lady's husband. Even the students are from the church.

If you want to use church funds, you die die must link your business to supporting the church. The disingenuous ones will start music and dancing schools to support worship - teach you how to sing, play guitar etc. The real sharks will come up with investment companies, fund management etc. The Crossover Project is one of those at the very top end.

Beside CHC funds, who else gave money to CEH to manage ?

Last edited:

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not little chance, zero chance.

Man the fuck up and just go in and squat.

Alternatively he can just kill himself, problem solved.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a common practice among churches. They support the pastor, and when the church grows to a good size with good tithes and good income, they become members of the committee or inner circle where they are in a position to PLP and influence the pastor.

Then they will start proposing investments for the church fund. Their companies are offshoots of the church, just like the dancing school founded by some pretty lady's husband. Even the students are from the church.

If you want to use church funds, you die die must link your business to supporting the church. The disingenuous ones will start music and dancing schools to support worship - teach you how to sing, play guitar etc. The real sharks will come up with investment companies, fund management etc. The Crossover Project is one of those at the very top end.

Beside CHC funds, who else gave money to CEH to manage ?

The same with the 'porlumpars' at the RC's....& they are "volunteers"....just like all these church's 'volunteers'...one is selling politics, the other selling religion & it all boils to making money & which 'god' are you worshipping??