• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Vesak Day is Today 10 May 2017

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Highest Truth : Nothingless :(

There seem to be some misalignment in our understanding on nothingness, my dear ah sou...

This notion of anatman isn't nothingness or void in the general sense. It does not negate the presence of this physical and/or psychological self.

It is the fundamental understanding that "I" exists, as well as other physical and/or metaphysical manifestation even at the quantum level, and at the same time understanding this "past/present/future I" is fundamentally dynamic and impermanent.

Understanding this impermanence nature in every manifestation of any physical construct, it leads to the termination of suffering. This is the level of my understanding on the notion of "nothingness".

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
There seem to be some misalignment in our understanding on nothingness, my dear ah sou...

This notion of anatman isn't nothingness or void in the general sense. It does not negate the presence of this physical and/or psychological self.

It is the fundamental understanding that "I" exists, as well as other physical and/or metaphysical manifestation even at the quantum level, and at the same time understanding this "past/present/future I" is fundamentally dynamic and impermanent.

Understanding this impermanence nature in every manifestation of any physical construct, it leads to the termination of suffering. This is the level of my understanding on the notion of "nothingness".

Very deep . Let me read it over again a few more times.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
After seeing so many India Indians steal jobs, dirty and smelly may have reservation of considering Buddha-ah neh-ism.

That smelly and dirty ah neh sitting under a banyan tree for rest of his life their ah nehs made him god

Lazy, dont bathe, and hungry go beg for food better to write him off as yr god.

And he stated the obvious things of life which everyone's knew.

Most of them think they are Buddhists, but they are not, they are Taoists & they worship multiple gods. Buddhism is a way of life, not a religion.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good Morning

Video - Little Buddha 1993 @ 2:06:45 onward

Quote : " Form Is Empty - Emptiness Is Form "

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Good Morning
Quote : " Form Is Empty - Emptiness Is Form "

This quote is from the Heart Sutra: where translated, it means all manifestations of matter (form) is emptiness, where this emptiness is synonymous to nothingness as per described earlier. If you dwell deeper, you'll just notice you and I are merely illustrious constructs of atoms and molecules; beyond these atoms and molecules are just empty spaces where electrons supposedly interact with one another. These interactions go on far before we were born and far beyond after our deaths. Is there a permanent "I" or physical construct? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: