• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Renting out brand new HDB flat. Can or not ?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not my flat. I rent out I have no place to stay.

I am wondering if there is any truth in HDB granting approval for whole NEW flat being rented out just because owners will be leaving for overseas for a few years. Doesn't make sense to me.

How is it possible that HDB will give u a chance to make $$$ out of nothing.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is it possible that HDB will give u a chance to make $$$ out of nothing.

Well, because they submitted that the family would be leaving for overseas for some degree/post graduate degree course with admission/acceptance letter from the University, though only one party would be studying.

But the more I listen the more I think it's a load of bullshit that HDB approved the subletting.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not lawful? Own house cannot do as one wishes meh? What kind of law is that? The owner just has to not be caught for causing nuisance and/or danger to neighbours or other people (private or public) or operating illegal acitiviities (like mahjong den) or running a commercial business/enterprise in that residence. The owner after purchasing the flat from the gahmen, are immediately expected to pay property tax for that flat. If gahment still want to tell them whaat to do in their own house, then gahmen should absorb the property tax (50/50 with the owner lah!)) Cannot smoke in own front door!!! Bicylce cannot park outside? Fish tank can or not? Some are large and block the corridor as a fire exit. How about pangsai, can or not?

Cheers!

Not lawful. We grassroots leaders are on the lookout for sinkies who buy brand new BTO and then immediately rent out illegally for some quick cash. Tell us the address quick!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best is be like my old landlady. stay in one room, rent out two, and get quid pro quo services when male tenant fails to pay rent.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
best is be like my old landlady. stay in one room, rent out two, and get quid pro quo services when male tenant fails to pay rent.

That is out of topic, unfortunately. It's renting out one room, in which case you don't need approval from HDB.

Now talking about renting out whole flat, what's more, it's brand fxxking new one barely 6 months old.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is out of topic, unfortunately. It's renting out one room, in which case you don't need approval from HDB.

Now talking about renting out whole flat, what's more, it's brand fxxking new one barely 6 months old.

Sure get Cheong Kong.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a couple bought a new HDB flat with all the subsidies from government thrown in, can they immediately rent out the entire HDB flat because they are going overseas to study ?

Or if they declare both going overseas, but in reality one stay back and stay with parent, then rent out the HDB flat, is it lawful ?

firstly return the grant and subsidies to the gov.that you are not illegible.after that the flat 100% solely paid by your $$$. no law to follow