• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Tourists Killed In NZ! Will Boss Sam Provide Consular Assistance?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1494023305564.jpg

A collision between a campervan and a ute has left two dead and a third person injured in Canterbury.

Two tourists killed in a campervan crash in Canterbury on Thursday have been named as young Singaporean technology executives.

Rena Ong and Zhihao Chen were employees of audiovisual company Crestron Singapore, The Straits Times reported.

They are believed to have arrived in New Zealand just shortly before the crash on State Highway 1 south of Dunsandel, about 40km southwest of Christchurch.

Rena Ong had celebrated her 29th birthday a week before a Canterbury crash took her life.

Their Jucy rental van crossed the centre line and collided with a ute head on. The pair died at the scene, while a third person was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

1494023305564.jpg

Rena Ong and Zhihao Chen were killed when their Jucy rentals van crossed a centre line and smashed into a ute in Canterbury.

Chen was a technical director at the company, according to his LinkedIn profile. He was believed to be aged in his late 20s or early 30s.

Ong, an operations executive, had celebrated her 29th birthday last week.

Crestron Asia-Pacific chief executive Stuart Craig told the Straits Times the duo's colleagues were "devastated" by their deaths.

"They made a wonderful contribution to our company and were well-loved and respected throughout the audiovisual industry."

Police were yet to formally release the pair's identities, but Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs earlier confirmed that two Singaporeans had been killed.

Senior Sergeant Pete Stills said police would look at driver inattention and fatigue as possible causes of the crash.

"There's no immediate intersection so the campervan has rounded the bend on Main South Rd and then for some unknown reason has crossed the centre line and is entirely on the wrong side of the road when it struck the northbound vehicle.

"If you've recently arrived in the country, perhaps sleep is the priority before driving, if that's the case – and I'm not pre-empting anything – and
and I'm not pre-empting anything – and being familiar with our road rules."

Jucy chief executive officer Tim Alpe said the vehicle had been rented from their Christchurch branch.

He said he was in the initial stages of working with police to identify who had hired the van.

"Our thoughts are with all the people involved, it's a tragic situation."

The ute was owned by Jace Electrical Services. A spokeswoman for the company declined to comment.

The crash happened at the intersection of Breadings Rd and State Highway 1, about 8km north of Rakaia.

Two fire crews and the police serious crash unit were at the scene on Thursday afternoon.

State Highway 1 was closed for over five hours, though diversions were in place. The road had fully reopened by 6.30pm.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/922...-in-campervan-crash-soon-after-arriving-in-nz

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies should not be driving overseas. they are some of the worst drivers in the world.

read my old posts. they are the worst drivers in the world due to their kiasu attitudes. i personally know of at least 4 sinkies who died in australia and new zealand due to their terrible driving skills. just travel on PIE or BKE and you know why. onlyrecently another sinkie killed a NZ motorcyclist with his farkup driving.
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/au...nd-fatal-crash-charged-with-dangerous-driving
http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-ne...harged-dangerous-driving-after-fatal-accident
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/807...list-killed-in-crash-confronts-foreign-driver

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is no assistance in the world that can help the dead. Only the Lord can intervene.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans do not handle a wide long bends in Singapore. When they head to open countries like Oz and NZ, they do not even realise that they are heading into a long wide bend and carry on with speed. Years ago I had a similar experience when driving in OZ for the first time. Really sad to see this amongst the most adventurous of the lot.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
These stupid sinkies are going all over the world to kill other people with their fuckup driving skills. knn

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Samster zhihau fall in! Prove to us that you are still alive! Or do we need to use a oujia board to contact you?

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Husband is very kiasi type
He said if you are not familiar with that place
Better do not try to keh kiang to drive there

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are actually do not have to be gungho to get into trouble. Because of the open roads, wide open spaces and the road quality, the speed creeping up slowly is not noticeable. You wont get into this sort of trouble in the UK, NY etc. I remember years ago the Queensland Rental companies put a huge notice on their rental agreement on the 4W and camper vans that state that your insurance coverage is void if the vehicle overturns where no other vehicle is involved.

jw5

Loyal
My Husband is very kiasi type
He said if you are not familiar with that place
Better do not try to keh kiang to drive there

Just take a coach or get a taxi, won't cost that much.