• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP MP gets a job

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes you wonder how they can represent their constituents when they can't even find a job in the private and have to be looked after.

ComfortDelGro appoints Ang Wei Neng as head of taxi business

05 May 2017 11:25AM (Updated: 05 May 2017 11:30AM)

SINGAPORE: Transport company ComfortDelGro has appointed Mr Ang Wei Neng, Member of Parliament (MP) for Jurong GRC, as its new head of taxi business.

The company's board of directors approved the appointment of Mr Ang after considering his qualifications and working experience, ComfortDelGro said in a filing to the Singapore Exchange.

The 50-year-old used to be the head of bus operations as well as a senior vice-president at SBS Transit, the filing stated.

He takes over from Mr Yang Ban Seng, who stepped down from the position on May 1 following his appointment as group CEO and managing director of ComfortDelGro. Mr Yang had helmed the taxi business since his appointment on Apr 1, 2003, the company said.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ang-wei-neng-as-head-of-taxi-business-8820526

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Michael Liew, brother of Liew Mun Leong. After resigning as PAP MP, he became General Manager, Comfort. Very much the same traject....No great maestro performer there, eventually faded into oblivion. Heard he was a nasty character.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they actually do anything, or they leave the work to those below them?

I wouldn't mind if they actually worked.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Transport company ComfortDelGro has appointed Mr Ang Wei Neng, Member of Parliament (MP) for Jurong GRC, as its new head of taxi business.

The company's board of directors approved the appointment of Mr Ang after considering his qualifications and working experience ...
dat moron who wrote tis has 2 b sacked! ...

dat burger shud haf made a fanciful song n dance on how dey haf head-hunted n finally managed 2 fite off all competitors n landed a big catch of n immense talen, a rare breed in sinkielan ...

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what do u call a country that controls its own industries,state companies and economy and land and housing?communist?facist?stalinist?

Observation

This MP took his job for granted.
He failed to eradicate the Vietnamese hookers in Joo Chiat and has to step down after a couple of patrols on a bicycle that leads to nowhere. Suzhou project was under his charge no need to say more.
Then he was caught drink driving and convicted and now he neglected his duty as an Independent Director when a technician without culinary experience was installed as Head of Chef in a public listed company he oversees.
Morales plunged to its lowest among the cooks; some whom have worked for more than 10 years. The whole HR department was disquiet but none came forward.
I was invited to lunch at one of the Din Tai Fung outlets and was told this inside story by a cook after our meal.
The cook was with the company for more than 10 years, ear marked for promotion but saw his opportunity vanished under the watchful eyes of Chan Soo Sen. If he had lost it to someone better he would have extended his congratulations and blessings but to an unknown guy, out of the blue from nowhere, a technician who did not even spend a few months inside a commercial kitchen.
He wanted to know if this practice is legal and within the integrity of a public listed company.
The function of an Independent Director is to ensure good governance.
What was Chan thinking when a CEO parachuted his inexperienced brother as head of department without due process or concern?
The brother was jobless and the last job held was a technician in the marine industry.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Useless hopeless fat cats getting rewarded by their political masters for their loyalty. The rot starts from the top and it trinkles down.

jw5

Loyal
Useless hopeless fat cats getting rewarded by their political masters for their loyalty. The rot starts from the top and it trinkles down.

It can't be helped. They need to recruit as many peasants as possible, so that the manipulation can continue.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I find the terms used in singapore very confusing ,maybe my singlish very poor eg

trade unions-doing supermarket, taxis, insurance
MP's=real estate manager or accounts executive
parachuting=senior military personnel becoming head of large civilian companies
long term investment=billions in losses
no blame culture=6 people die due to negligence in public hospital
foreign talent=degree from Southern Pacific University
S chips=fake accounts
GST=help the poor
monopoly=losing money (aka hdb)
how about meritocracy ?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he was MP for Job Chiat, he managed to convince the CCC to sponsor a book about the history of Joo Chiat and its people and got 2 academics from NUS to write the book. The academics found out that Joo Chiat constituency if one followed the constituency boundary had little to offer. So the 2 clowns and him agreed to include the entire Katong and Siglap area. They even included Wee Kim Wee and his house in Siglap. The title is "Joo Chiat - a living legacy. One of the authors is now a Dean, so much for ethics and integrity. As all three never grew up in Katong, they thought no one will know. The right thing to do was rename in Katong or East Coast.

This MP took his job for granted.
He failed to eradicate the Vietnamese hookers in Joo Chiat and has to step down after a couple of patrols on a bicycle that leads to nowhere. Suzhou project was under his charge no need to say more.
Then he was caught drink driving and convicted and now he neglected his duty as an Independent Director when a technician without culinary experience was installed as Head of Chef in a public listed company he oversees.
Morales plunged to its lowest among the cooks; some whom have worked for more than 10 years. The whole HR department was disquiet but none came forward.
I was invited to lunch at one of the Din Tai Fung outlets and was told this inside story by a cook after our meal.
The cook was with the company for more than 10 years, ear marked for promotion but saw his opportunity vanished under the watchful eyes of Chan Soo Sen. If he had lost it to someone better he would have extended his congratulations and blessings but to an unknown guy, out of the blue from nowhere, a technician who did not even spend a few months inside a commercial kitchen.
He wanted to know if this practice is legal and within the integrity of a public listed company.
The function of an Independent Director is to ensure good governance.
What was Chan thinking when a CEO parachuted his inexperienced brother as head of department without due process or concern?
The brother was jobless and the last job held was a technician in the marine industry.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you oppos always want Singaporean first. Now Singaporean first you still not happy? Really hard to please ah. :rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am willing to offer an ex-PAP MP a job as a director in my company. They are talents who had sacrificed high pay for their country.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am willing to offer an ex-PAP MP a job as a director in my company. They are talents who had sacrificed high pay for their country.

Oh. Get off fm yr fux high horse.

You mean to say that you are higher horse than Ministers ?