• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nursing Homes: Have $ buy fancy meals & equipment but no $ increase salaries!!!

AngryNurse

https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/nursing-homes-fancy-meals-and-new-equipment-nurses-wages-see-no-increase

I am a Singaporean working in the most underpaid and super unappreciated profession called Nurse/Care Associate in Nursing Homes. Our salaries are depressed because the homes hire so many foreign workers from Philippines, Myanmar, India, etc and they pay them so little (<$1.5K and for new hires as low as $400).

And yet, we are overworked, don't get much leave, must receive and handle shit (sometimes literally) from our patients and are SUPER UNDERPAID.

We hire low quality foreigners that we have to train (even in basic hygiene) and must be on shift 24 hours. Its like being an A&E nurse but receiving a fraction of the benefits of working in a hospital. I have colleagues that have to take care of more than 6 wards like 40+ residents at any one time. We have to bath them, carry them, cloth them, clean them, feed some of them and even entertain them!

But we do it not for the money because we care for our patients. I have been trying to ask our director to increase our salaries but she always give the same excuse "We don't have the budget." or "We must follow govt sector salary guidelines".

Recently we changed our functional food order to this new company that sell special food to some of our patients. We used to use thickeners that only cost $1-2 per meal. I found out from my colleagues that each meal now cost >$10!!!!

In this CNA documentary, you can see how the functional food does not look like the packaging.

https://youtu.be/PRemfpdpaQU?t=33m6s

Its slimy and totally unappetizing! And yet we shell out so much money for the food. YET, we can't increase our own salaries! The food smell so bad I have had patients asking if they can eat their old diet but we were instructed to continue feeding them this.