• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Cougar Loses $200k Life Savings In Oil Bunkering Scheme Offering 15% Returns P.M.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An oil bunkering scheme that offered attractive returns of up to 15 per cent each month for cash investments with varying time periods has come under the spotlight. Oil bunkering refers to the supply of fuel for use by ships in a seaport.

Eight investors, who claimed that they put a total of more than US$1 million (S$1.4 million) into Charter Fine Ventures' (CFV) investment plans in 2014 and 2015, have filed police reports. The reports were against CFV and its Hong Kong- based holding firm Charter Fine Strategies & Management (CFSM).

It is believed that more than 100 investors from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia parked in excess of US$20 million with the investment scheme.

CFV has a paid-up capital of $10,000, according to records from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority. The directors are Hong Kong-based Mr Wong Leung Hang and Singaporean David Hong Yan Dean.

Mr Wong has not responded to e-mail from The Straits Times, and efforts to reach both Mr Wong and Mr Hong by telephone were not successful. CFV's Singapore office, which used to be at Ngee Ann City, was shut down around late 2015.

Part-time insurance agent Melissa Lim, 55, invested US$200,000 in a 20-month plan with CFV in February 2015. She said she received two payouts each of 15 per cent of her investment sum earlier that year, before the payouts stopped. Mrs Lim and other investors say payments have dried up. In some cases, post-dated cheques from CFV have bounced. She said: "These are my life savings and I was hoping to get higher returns by investing them. I thought I could retire early with my savings, but now I have to slog again."

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/investors-cry-foul-over-firms-oil-bunkering-scheme

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Bunkering already very lucrative no need anyone come to invest hehe

I cannot understand why any potential investor is incapable of asking themselves the most basic of questions and that is "why would anyone who can pay such astronomical ROIs want to dilute their shareholding with someone else's money?"

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part-time insurance agent Melissa Lim, 55, invested US$200,000

Wow even part time insurance agents can earn so much money!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Part-time insurance agent Melissa Lim, 55, invested US$200,000

Wow even part time insurance agents can earn so much money!!

I am surprised that people would actually buy insurance from this 55 year old hag. Knowing most sinkies, a 55 year-old woman is likely to be fat and unattractive. Why would people buy insurance from her instead of some young lady in her early 20s?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised that people would actually buy insurance from this 55 year old hag. Knowing most sinkies, a 55 year-old woman is likely to be fat and unattractive. Why would people buy insurance from her instead of some young lady in her early 20s?

Maybe buy from her can fuck her daughter?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway don't u find it ironic, insurance agents that normally peddle crap and scam policies fell for scam herself?what kind of insurance agent is this if she cannot smell her own crap?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyway don't u find it ironic, insurance agents that normally peddle crap and scam policies fell for scam herself?what kind of insurance agent is this if she cannot smell her own crap?

What is even more ironic is that insurance agents in singapore are classified as providing "Financial Planning Services".

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no longer believe in investment like stocks, oil and precious metals (gold & silver)

I rather go to Hong Kong Jockey Club or Perak Turf Club for to bet horse racing :biggrin:

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of financial planner is she ? i don't quite understand.

They are supposed to look into your financial portfolio and recommend the best plans but a commission based agent has no incentive to do that so they recommend you the product based on the highest commission they can earn.

Anyway, I personally find them annoying. Always standing at MRTs, blocking my path and asking me to do all sorts of stupid surveys.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are supposed to look into your financial portfolio and recommend the best plans but a commission based agent has no incentive to do that so they recommend you the product based on the highest commission they can earn.

Anyway, I personally find them annoying. Always standing at MRTs, blocking my path and asking me to do all sorts of stupid surveys.

It really surprise me that she actually believe that she can gain 15% annually ? What kind of financial planner is her ?