• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat starhub engineer

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i call starhub because got problem with cable tv. got refer to a starhub engineer.

my question is what is really a starhub engineer? must take degree like electrical engineering, etc or are they just technician, but blow up title to engineer?

nowadays, simi engineer also have, escalator spoil got escalator engineer, lift spoil got lift engineer, mrt spoil got mrt engineer.

singapore really have many many engineers.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i call starhub because got problem with cable tv. got refer to a starhub engineer.

my question is what is really a starhub engineer? must take degree like electrical engineering, etc or are they just technician, but blow up title to engineer?

nowadays, simi engineer also have, escalator spoil got escalator engineer, lift spoil got lift engineer, mrt spoil got mrt engineer.

Does it matter?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

blame the sg education system. why this happen is becos ite, poly and ntu also have electrical & electronic engineering. after study and study all do the same job as a slave . the luckier ones get more salary which means a ite grad may earn more than a ntu grad as a engineer .

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame the sg education system. why this happen is becos ite, poly and ntu also have electrical & electronic engineering. after study and study all do the same job as a slave . the luckier ones get more salary which means a ite grad may earn more than a ntu grad as a engineer .

i not engineer. just a normal sinkie slave.

next time hawker centre cleaners should change job title to cleaning engineers. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
so fruit juice seller at food centre is fruity engineer.

then health centre chicks also provide solution right? what you call mei mei?

The mei mei in health centres are called masseurs.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
in general an engineer lead a group of technicians.
tech cannot think properly.
engineer can think slightly better

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you mean technicians got no brains?

In sg generally people see technician as no brainer. low caste position
in amdk cuntry their technicians are well respected and paid.
sometimes when u see big secretive mnc in sg hiring for technicians e.g. Google , their requirements is so stringent that ntu grad does not qualify.
they also will not advertise the position openly but through head hunters.
hence, if u r a technician in a ah ter ah gou company, u r a piece of shit whereas if in these secretive company u can hold your head high.

Last edited:

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In sg generally people see technician as no brainer. low caste position
in amdk cuntry their technicians are well respected and paid.
sometimes when u see big secretive mnc in sg hiring for technicians e.g. Google , their requirements is so stringent that ntu grad does not qualify.
they also will not advertise the position openly but through head hunters.
hence, if u r a technician in a ah ter ah gou company, u r a piece of shit whereas if in these secretive company u can hold your head high.

so google technician pay how much? i think sure got lot of indians ...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every fuck thing in sg is inflated. Even fucking job titles. Pap policy of depressed wages so they give you nice sounding titles to make you feel good.
Used to be study poly come out is become engineering assistant. Somewhere along the way the assistant kena dropped to sound nicer. No degree how to be engineer? Wtf even poly say give you diploma also fake one. Poly one is not real diploma only a technical diploma. Most brainwashed sinkies dunno the difference

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so google technician pay how much? i think sure got lot of indians ...

I'm not sure too as I applied as a technician using engineer status previously but didn't pass the interview as amdk.
it was also a tedious process of at least 4 to 5 rounds.
I think is combination of amdk, ah neh, pinoy and amdk type of sinkie .
pay wise I think 4 to 5k range .

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure too as I applied as a technician using engineer status previously but didn't pass the interview as amdk.
it was also a tedious process of at least 4 to 5 rounds.
I think is combination of amdk, ah neh, pinoy and amdk type of sinkie .

your lunch got stolen sia :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every fuck thing in sg is inflated. Even fucking job titles. Pap policy of depressed wages so they give you nice sounding titles to make you feel good.
Used to be study poly come out is become engineering assistant. Somewhere along the way the assistant kena dropped to sound nicer. No degree how to be engineer? Wtf even poly say give you diploma also fake one. Poly one is not real diploma only a technical diploma. Most brainwashed sinkies dunno the difference

yes in olden days before gate open, it was quite standardize.
ite apply for technician. poly apply for engineering asset. ntu grad apply for engineer.
then with experience later with ite paper move to engineering asset and ea move to engineer.
now all chup par lung post open to ft