• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singaporean Owners Hammered India Indians (Part 2)

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to know these India Indians well. I can only imagine how Singaporean owners at Melville feel. Mandarin Gardens didnt deteriorate to the extent of Melville. But that's because we decided to act in apr 2016 before the situation got worse.

Will PAP also act before the situation in SG gets worse?

Recently I learned from a Simei S'porean resident that Melville is now known as Ma-Ma Ville.

Also learned from Uber & Grab drivers that they avoid Tanjong Rhu, Changi Bussines Park and Simei so that they don't have
to put up with smelly Keling new immigrants who are very nasty and like to look down on drivers.

Years ago I rented out my 2100 sq ft apartment at The Regency in district 10 to an Indian family. At the end of the two year lease,
I had to spend about $25,000 to get rid of the smelly Keling smell.

Now all my agents are aware that all my units available for rent are not available to Ah Nehs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You are savvy in property investment. Mandarin Gardens has approval from the govt to top up to 99yrs and build up to 2450 apts. It will be a huge development and may be too big for one developer to undertake. Perhaps a consortium with overseas participation will be more feasible. If Seaside Residences get $1800 per sq ft for its next launch, then I think developers will take an interest in enbloc-ing MG

So far, no one developer has approached the owners in MG to en bloc. we need to get more Indians in to MG and fuck up the place a little more and force the other owners to think about selling their units. I am happy to sell my unit for a nice profit after a few years of collecting nice rents from apunehs. where did you hear that MG got approval for a top up? usually the developer has to file an application for SLA to examine. Granted the owners are the low guy on the totem pole and hear everything last. How much premium is SLA asking? 2450 units is not really that relevant to the developer. Have to look at saleable sq footage. Newer projects are usually smaller size, so even though 2450 is a lot more units but have to look at the total available footage for sale. For this kind of projects, China developers can do it themselves. They don't need a consortium.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Recently I learned from a Simei S'porean resident that Melville is now known as Ma-Ma Ville.

Also learned from Uber & Grab drivers that they avoid Tanjong Rhu, Changi Bussines Park and Simei so that they don't have
to put up with smelly Keling new immigrants who are very nasty and like to look down on drivers.

Years ago I rented out my 2100 sq ft apartment at The Regency in district 10 to an Indian family. At the end of the two year lease,

Now all my agents are aware that all my units available for rent are not available to Ah Nehs.

U spend $25K? really so much? In my case, I never spend anything, I just rent it out to another Indian tenant. they don't notice the smell at all, and if the building like Mandarin Garden is in demand by other Thambis, you can ask for more rent. But in the event that you need to get rid of the smell, i find that a paint job is sufficient. But all my units are smaller then 2100 sf ft. renting out such a big unit is not financially feasible. I rather buy 3 700sq ft units rather then 1 2100 sq ft unit.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
U spend $25K? really so much? In my case, I never spend anything, I just rent it out to another Indian tenant. they don't notice the smell at all, and if the building like Mandarin Garden is in demand by other Thambis, you can ask for more rent. But in the event that you need to get rid of the smell, i find that a paint job is sufficient. But all my units are smaller then 2100 sf ft. renting out such a big unit is not financially feasible. I rather buy 3 700sq ft units rather then 1 2100 sq ft unit.

$25k to replace wall to wall carpeting for 3 bedrooms & living/dinning room, wallpaper for the whole apartment, ceiling repainting and complete fumigation & cleaning.

In 1985 when I purchased Regency Park at $300 psf from Kuok Brother's development company, 700 sq ft apartments were unheard of in S'pore.

Just had a look at the tittle deed and discovered that it's actually 2253 sq ft and best of all, it's freehold.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nassim regency apartment right?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/nassim-regency-2231

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
In 1985 when I purchased Regency Park at $300 psf from Kuok Brother's development company, 700 sq ft apartments were unheard of in S'pore.

Just had a look at the tittle deed and discovered that it's actually 2253 sq ft and best of all, it's freehold.

Must thank PAP for increasing the value of your property investment. Who says PAP is bad?

If vote opposition make all HDB flats freehold, you think your condo price will increase or decrease?

No win lah.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ROFL at the part i highlighted. Shit skins being shit skins themselves obviously won't notice the stink of another shit skin. Your rental logic makes sense. Why even spend any money when you can just rent it to another shit skin. The apartment has already been tainted anyhow by a shit skin which non shit skin would want to even dwell in it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
ROFL at the part i highlighted. Shit skins being shit skins themselves obviously won't notice the stink of another shit skin. Your rental logic makes sense. Why even spend any money when you can just rent it to another shit skin. The apartment has already been tainted anyhow by a shit skin which non shit skin would want to even dwell in it.

In apuneh popular buildings, renting to another apuneh family is not an issue. Just general detailed cleaning can already. They don't mind the curry smell left by the prior apuneh tenants. Also good rent.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
$25k to replace wall to wall carpeting for 3 bedrooms & living/dinning room, wallpaper for the whole apartment, ceiling repainting and complete fumigation & cleaning.

That is a good buy, even for back then. Now $1800 PSF. I don't buy such high end to rent. And definitely no carpet in the unit. Parquet or tile flooring. Then no need to replace carpet.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That is a good buy, even for back then. Now $1800 PSF. I don't buy such high end to rent. And definitely no carpet in the unit. Parquet or tile flooring. Then no need to replace carpet.

All the PAP's good work. At least there are some people who will be happy with PAP's housing policies. :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the PAP's good work. At least there are some people who will be happy with PAP's housing policies. :smile:

to be fair, in terms of pubic housing, sg is unique and the best even though a hdb flat is a 99-year prepaid rental. every pubic housing project in the u.s. is a freaking disaster even though tenants receive state and federal assistance in terms of rental allowance. the trick may be to make tenants pay mortgages instead of rent so they think they "own" the pigeon hole. if they "own" their shitholes, they will place a value on them instead of trashing them. for this, pap is crafty and effective.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
to be fair, in terms of pubic housing, sg is unique and the best even though a hdb flat is a 99-year prepaid rental. every pubic housing project in the u.s. is a freaking disaster even though tenants receive state and federal assistance in terms of rental allowance. the trick may be to make tenants pay mortgages instead of rent so they think they "own" the pigeon hole. if they "own" their shitholes, they will place a value on them instead of trashing them. for this, pap is crafty and effective.

Yes indeed. And then can use as political tool for votes some more. GENIUS!

But alas those geniuses are dead already.

It is a bit like Apple now that Steve Jobs is gone.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The big gaping hole in your comments is place there by yourself. The US projects or public housing is for the bottom of the barrel low income on social assistance type of people. These fuckers turn their buildings into ghettos is not a surprise. HDB on the other hand is all the way up to middle class. U will find engineers, nurses, PMETS etc living in HDB estates. These people are not likely to turn their blocks into "freaking disasters". SO, your argument holds no water.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
PAP has been very good for Singapore especially median incomes and property prices. So all sinkies who own a home or any property should thank PAP not slam or smear them. Otherwise it is biting the hand that feeds.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The big gaping hole in your comments is place there by yourself. The US projects or public housing is for the bottom of the barrel low income on social assistance type of people. These fuckers turn their buildings into ghettos is not a surprise. HDB on the other hand is all the way up to middle class. U will find engineers, nurses, PMETS etc living in HDB estates. These people are not likely to turn their blocks into "freaking disasters". SO, your argument holds no water.

that's why the pap is genius. instead of relegating pubic housing to only the destitute and losers of society (like in u.s.), all walks of life except the wealthy are social-engineered into various sections, blocks, and floors of hdb flats. even racial mixes are proportionate per block, representative of general population distribution - a reason why you don't see blocks exclusively occupied by chinks, or nehs, or malays. if u.s. follow sg and offer affordable housing (not necessarily ownership) in expensive urban centers, gentrification for millenials who cannot afford to buy apartments will inevitably mix with ghetto, and the outcum may be the triple g demographical change: gentrification chases away ghettos chases away gangbangers. in one fell swoop, pap coalesces swamp natives, kampung folks, slum dwellers, shophouse tenants into flat neighbors and new town residents. and they all believe they actually "own" their homes and pour more money to beautify them. if it's not genius, i don't know what is.