• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Inspirational story of hardworking foreign worker now living in $1.2 million condo

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Inspirational story of hardworking foreign worker now living in $1.2 million cond

What is the moral of the story?

Something else? What is your take?
In my humble opinion, the moral of the story is that if (or since, to be more precise) the vast majority of Sinkie (especially Chinese Sinkie) young and middle-aged (i.e. those in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s) men or "menginas" are too cowardly and/or delusional to rebel against the PAP government (and their upper-class cronies) in the one and only morally correct non-violent way (i.e. by simply refusing to slave away their youth and middle age for the benefit of upper-class Sinkies and also for the benefit of Sinkie women, and not just "rebelling" by voting for any opposition party that happens to contest for the wards they are living in) because the consequences are imprisonment and/or death, then they ought to blame themselves instead of (or in addition to) blaming the PAP government only. :wink:

Unfortunately, not only is their delusion causing them to remain as slaves, it is also preventing them from blaming themselves, simply because their delusion is blinding them from seeing their errors/mistakes/sins and even deluding them into thinking/fantasizing that they are doing the "right" and "brave" thing (i.e. by slaving their lives away in return for money, and by voting for any opposition party)! :*: :(

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Inspirational story of hardworking foreign worker now living in $1.2 million cond

If given the choice many would want to avoid NS. In my case NS conditions was worse than being a construction worker. At least they have a choice while "lesser mortals" cannot run road.

During BMT I was paid only paid $99 per month. Only got 2 to 3 hours of sleep if I was lucky. Was not allowed to leave camp. NS is also dangerous and had a classmate who died during his BMT. During my time it was more physical demanding with 10 km runs with full packs. I remember the burn't weekends .

All this for what:confused:

I read that NS was started to create a force to prevent the Malaysians from coming down to Spore to arrest LKY. Elsewhere people are saying it was to control unemployment.
If gahmen wants a properly trained army,they should ensure it's voluntary and those serving well compensated.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

In my humble opinion, the moral of the story is that if (or since, to be more precise) the vast majority of Sinkie (especially Chinese Sinkie) young and middle-aged (i.e. those in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s) men or "menginas" are too cowardly and/or delusional to rebel against the PAP government (and their upper-class cronies) in the one and only morally correct non-violent way (i.e. by simply refusing to slave away their youth and middle age for the benefit of upper-class Sinkies and also for the benefit of Sinkie women, and not just "rebelling" by voting for any opposition party that happens to contest for the wards they are living in) because the consequences are imprisonment and/or death, then they ought to blame themselves instead of (or in addition to) blaming the PAP government only. :wink:

Unfortunately, not only is their delusion causing them to remain as slaves, it is also preventing them from blaming themselves, simply because their delusion is blinding them from seeing their errors/mistakes/sins and even deluding them into thinking/fantasizing that they are doing the "right" and "brave" thing (i.e. by slaving their lives away in return for money, and by voting for any opposition party)! :*: :(

The moral of the story is that any 3rd world FT can come to singapore, get a PR and Shitizenship and jump start their career and business without having to spend years to do NS and reservists.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

u starting to sound like tonychat.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

The moral of the story is that any 3rd world FT can come to singapore, get a PR and Shitizenship and jump start their career and business without having to spend years to do NS and reservists.
Would conscription still continue existing in Singapore if all (or at least the majority of) NSFs, Reservists and even regular WOSEs (including even the Military Police! haha) simply go "AWOL" (or refuse to enlist on Enlistment Day, in the case of NSFs) for the rest of their lives? :wink:
Besides the obvious fact that the Detention Barracks in Kranji Camp has not enough space to lock them all up, what will the commissioned officers (especially the Generals) do in that situation? :confused:
Raid hundreds of thousands of HDB flats? :eek: :*:

In my opinion, instead of waiting to vote for some opposition party every few years, those Sinkie men in their 20s and 30s (most of whom are probably opposition voters, so that's at least two hundred thousand young Sinkie men) should just go "AWOL" for the rest of their lives and see what happens! :wink:
But are they brave enough? That is the question, right? :wink:

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Would conscription still continue existing in Singapore if all (or at least the majority of) NSFs, Reservists and even regular WOSEs (including even the Military Police! haha) simply go "AWOL" (or refuse to enlist on Enlistment Day, in the case of NSFs) for the rest of their lives? :wink:
Besides the obvious fact that the Detention Barracks in Kranji Camp has not enough space to lock them all up, what will the commissioned officers (especially the Generals) do in that situation? :confused:
Raid hundreds of thousands of HDB flats? :eek: :*:

In my opinion, instead of waiting to vote for some opposition party every few years, those Sinkie men in their 20s and 30s (most of whom are probably opposition voters, so that's at least two hundred thousand young Sinkie men) should just go "AWOL" for the rest of their lives and see what happens! :wink:
But are they brave enough? That is the question, right? :wink:

This is called civil disobedience, as conducted by Mahatma Gandhi and MLK. But it requires a charismatic leader and people who are gutsy, both of which are lacking in zikapore.