• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat how to stop junk mail at my door?

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
any idea? every day open door see so much junk mail at my HDB flat door. never read, just smash them up and throw. would installing a camera help? any idea?

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i really hate those small little locksmith sticker with telephone number on it. if never take out immediately, the sticky marks are left behind and it just irritates me!

ahtee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ze problem lies in ur door ...

ur door appears sexy 2 junk mail ... n junk mail r thus attracted 2 ur door ...

remov ur door n problem solved ...

your solution not workable. the junk mail will be thrown inside my hdb flat if I remove the door.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
set up a taoist shrine in ur living room where people can see it when they look in the window or door,cover it with thai amulets and statues and figurines and gu man tongs and all kinds of yellow and red flowers,make sure ur flat is always dark,play some creepy ass religious music and burn some sweet fragrant incense,have ur wife daughter occasionally walk around the corridor wearing a red dress and a veil watering plants for special effects,make sure they never have eye contact with anyone or the neighbours.

people should leave ur flat alone after a while.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i really hate those small little locksmith sticker with telephone number on it. if never take out immediately, the sticky marks are left behind and it just irritates me!

Rub some oil on place they place those stickers....usually near the meter etc...rub candle wax too...they will never stick...I don't have any sticking around...I still cannot understand why the Town Councils, till this very day cannot solve the flyers littering problems. Any distribution of advertising materials etc..needs a permit right?...many of these flyers etc..have no license. If they have a permit, part of the permit cost, should be added as "keeping the environment clean" & that portion of the money distributed to the TC, to dispose of the mess.

As for the stickers, they come under the "post no bills" , there is so regulation on this right? or TC pass one, that no "bills" is to be posted, pasted or attched to any public spaces or dwelling places...this would solve the unsightly litters left behind by the flyers & stickers.

One more thing, all letter box, should be locked by default...so that, those flyers cannot be stuffed into the letter boxes.. & once again, the rules to enforce the illegal distribution of flyers, unless those "junk mails" in which Sing Post are paid to distribute ( even this, you can opt out); the regulation must be enforced.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just go to public phone to give them a call for service at a fake address. Only cost ten cents to disturb them. Otherwise, EFF them upside down for making your premises messy.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go to public phone to give them a call for service at a fake address. Only cost ten cents to disturb them. Otherwise, EFF them upside down for making your premises messy.

they will ask for your contact.
no contact they wont move.haha.
but hor..
1 prepaid card can disturb hundreds of contractors.sibei shiok