• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The story behind Teo Ser Luck

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha ..ha.. still cannot forget and let it go after so many full moons had passed by.

Few points.

Skull too thick...reasons and logic cannot penetrate

or

Skin too thick...not shy to repeat like how an old lady would.

Very interesting observation. Congrats!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He was a rising star in the private sector at a young age, from Nike to DHL. Known to be highly energetic, well organised and a people person, big things were expected when he came on board. He also had cover from Teo Chee Hean or people though Teo had his back. Teo SL was also known to put his hands up for everything from party work, PA work, constitutency work plus his fitness regime. He also became an auntie killer as well as young female grassroots fans in tow.

Things began to fall apart when he was appointed Minister of State for MTI after GE 2011. MTI is tier 1 posting after MOF. Politics has little clout in both these areas. PS, DS, and even newly returned scholars found a hollow individual with little or no substance. He was literally marginalised within weeks.

Interestingly Teo Chee Hean never ever let this guy anywhere near his areas of accountability. Eventually his own peers considered him a joke. He became associated for his car, his presence at country clubs and his ironman marathons. And the company he keeps.

What dribble are you writing here? Are you even listening to yourself? U described TSL as a rising star in the private sector. Then when he got to public service, you say that scholar civil servants found him a hollow individual with little substance. So which is it? How can a rising star in the private sector suddenly become a hollow person in public service? U mean to say the private sector was for years, completely oblivious to this moron and his incompetency and thank god, the civil servants found this out?

That is not how the private sector works, if you know even the smallest thing about it. This clown TSL graduated from NTU with an accountancy degree. True, he was a very enthusiastic volunteer, even back at Victoria. Then he went to work for Coopers Lybrand as a auditor. So far, so good. He got head hunted by Nike Singapore, and ended becoming their Operations Manager. After that he made a conscience effort to get into the fast shipping business. He worked for Fedex, and then working for Emery. At Emery, he was Manager for North Asia Logistics and based in HKG. He opened Emery's offices in China, Singapore, Thailand, India etc., ended up as their Director for Logistics and Ocean Services. Then head hunted by Menlo Worldwide ( a San Francisco based big logistics company) and became their VP and MD. Last stop before public service was DHL which hired him as Country MAnager and GM. Along the way, he won several awards in the shipping business and also was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader. These awards are not like PAP self masturbation awards. They are industry awards. So, he must have been doing something right to be recognized by his peers. His career is one of upward trending promotions and ever bigger responsibilities. If you know anything about the shipping business, its a fast paced and demanding industry that tolerates no fools. Incompetence is usually weeded out very quickly, and everyone knows everyone in this industry. For him to continue to get jobs in the industry with ever higher responsibilities indicates this moron is no fool. He did not have friends or relatives that got him job. He did not have the benefit of any fast tracked programs for him like the SAF scholarship or PSC scholarship programs.

In other words, his capabilities are proven in the real world private sector. Its the Singapore public service that is full of scholars with no real world experience that are suspect. When you say that these same people think he is shallow with no substance, means what to me? Nothing. These civil serpents are not fit to judge him as far as I can see. If anything, they must be the ones that look hollow and incompetent in TSL's eyes. I am not defending TSL. he is an asshole as far as I am concern, anyone that affiliates themselves with the PAP is one. I also think he is an asshole for taking a $660,000 Mayor salary, AND a $192K MP allowance, and a $770,000 MInister of State salary. what I question is your half ass analysis. This asshole is by far the most qualified asshole among all the Ministers in the PAP.

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What dribble are you writing here? Are you even listening to yourself? U described TSL as a rising star in the private sector. Then when he got to public service, you say that scholar civil servants found him a hollow individual with little substance. So which is it? How can a rising star in the private sector suddenly become a hollow person in public service? U mean to say the private sector was for years, completely oblivious to this moron and his incompetency and thank god, the civil servants found this out?

That is not how the private sector works, if you know even the smallest thing about it. This clown TSL graduated from NTU with an accountancy degree. True, he was a very enthusiastic volunteer, even back at Victoria. Then he went to work for Coopers Lybrand as a auditor. So far, so good. He got head hunted by Nike Singapore, and ended becoming their Operations Manager. After that he made a conscience effort to get into the fast shipping business. He worked for Fedex, and then working for Emery. At Emery, he was Manager for North Asia Logistics and based in HKG. He opened Emery's offices in China, Singapore, Thailand, India etc., ended up as their Director for Logistics and Ocean Services. Then head hunted by Menlo Worldwide ( a San Francisco based big logistics company) and became their VP and MD. Last stop before public service was DHL which hired him as Country MAnager and GM. Along the way, he won several awards in the shipping business and also was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader. These awards are not like PAP self masturbation awards. They are industry awards. So, he must have been doing something right to be recognized by his peers. His career is one of upward trending promotions and ever bigger responsibilities. If you know anything about the shipping business, its a fast paced and demanding industry that tolerates no fools. Incompetence is usually weeded out very quickly, and everyone knows everyone in this industry. For him to continue to get jobs in the industry with ever higher responsibilities indicates this moron is no fool. He did not have friends or relatives that go him job. He did not have the benefit of any fast tracked programs for him like the SAF scholarship or PSC scholarship programs.

In other words, his capabilities are proven in the real world private sector. Its the Singapore public service that is full of scholars with no real world experience that are suspect. When you say that these same people think he is shallow with no substance, means what to me? Nothing. These civil serpents are not fit to judge him as far as I can see. If anything, they must be the ones that look hollow and incompetent in TSL's eyes. I am not defending TSL. he is an asshole as far as I am concern, anyone that affiliates themselves with the PAP is one. I also think he is an asshole for taking a $660,000 Mayor salary, AND a $192K MP allowance, and a $770,000 MInister of State salary. what I question is your half ass analysis. This asshole is by far the most qualified asshole among all the Ministers in the PAP.

This explains why he's posted to mti.
What's wrong these private sector superstars like tsl and Chen show Mao that crossed over to politics? Suddenly all became idiots.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe they cant play by the new rules?

I think it is more that he meet his match and was outwitted.

A young guy moving up quickly in MNC possesses the drive to initiate new things. More importantly, they have the ability to broadcast their 'success' and impress the bosses. They must also have the talent to win over the trust of the bosses and become their favorite. Once that is achieved, he can claim credit of others and blame others for his failure. They move quickly from company to company so that the projects they implemented will not reach the stage where it will blow in their face. The poor guys who took over will take the blame for the subsequent problems which are actually oversight of the one who started it.

Ministries are filled with scholars with such capabilities. He will have hard time claiming credit or pushing blames. The bosses already have their own pet staff who are expert in this field. So it is not easy for him to bullshit his way through. In short, he has failed to become a trusted lieutenant because the others are way better in wayang and porlumpar. What is worse, he has been in the same organization for too long and all his failures will be exposed by the other experts.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think it is more that he meet his match and was outwitted.

A young guy moving up quickly in MNC possesses the drive to initiate new things. More importantly, they have the ability to broadcast their 'success' and impress the bosses. They must also have the talent to win over the trust of the bosses and become their favorite. Once that is achieved, he can claim credit of others and blame others for his failure. They move quickly from company to company so that the projects they implemented will not reach the stage where it will blow in their face. The poor guys who took over will take the blame for the subsequent problems which are actually oversight of the one who started it.

Ministries are filled with scholars with such capabilities. He will have hard time claiming credit or pushing blames. The bosses already have their own pet staff who are expert in this field. So it is not easy for him to bullshit his way through. In short, he has failed to become a trusted lieutenant because the others are way better in wayang and porlumpar. What is worse, he has been in the same organization for too long and all his failures will be exposed by the other experts.

These MNCs he worked for are not your local run by stupid sinkies. Fedex, Nike, Emery, menlo, DHL, etc. U think the word is not out on him if he is a fuck up? Can keep working in the same industry? Sure or not?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about Nike. But quite sure about big time logistic companies like dhl, ... Those Ang mo posted here treat it like paid holidays. If local staff can put up nice show and cover his boss backside, he will shine. Back then logistic was booming. My close friend has been hopping among these companies for over 20 yrs. He is still in it and i had heard many interesting stories on how mistakes are covered up and Ang mo boss would not mind as long as it can be swept under the carpet. It amazed me how such things are happening in these big companies. Well that was during the past when business was good. All boo boos can be covered up and there would still be profit Was told that this sector will be hard hit this year.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Not sure about Nike. But quite sure about big time logistic companies like dhl, ... Those Ang mo posted here treat it like paid holidays. If local staff can put up nice show and cover his boss backside, he will shine. Back then logistic was booming. My close friend has been hopping among these companies for over 20 yrs. He is still in it and i had heard many interesting stories on how mistakes are covered up and Ang mo boss would not mind as long as it can be swept under the carpet. It amazed me how such things are happening in these big companies. Well that was during the past when business was good. All boo boos can be covered up and there would still be profit Was told that this sector will be hard hit this year.

The prospect of losing job in the private sector like the logistics business, due to a cock up, is 10 times that of a SAF/PSC scholar civil serpent. Cover up or not, sure can get fired. In the civil service, not only covered up but never fired. When was the last time u heard of any of the PAP elites get fired? At the most hanta kaki. TSL came from a far more demanding environment then any of these chiak liao bees/ If he can survive it, he is a much better asshole the the other assholes.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
So whats the diff? They're all arseholes. Oh please, there's no difference between a public or private sector cover up lah. Someone else will hold the can.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is not how the private sector works, if you know even the smallest thing about it. This clown TSL graduated from NTU with an accountancy degree. True, he was a very enthusiastic volunteer, even back at Victoria. Then he went to work for Coopers Lybrand as a auditor. So far, so good. He got head hunted by Nike Singapore, and ended becoming their Operations Manager. After that he made a conscience effort to get into the fast shipping business. He worked for Fedex, and then working for Emery. At Emery, he was Manager for North Asia Logistics and based in HKG. He opened Emery's offices in China, Singapore, Thailand, India etc., ended up as their Director for Logistics and Ocean Services. Then head hunted by Menlo Worldwide ( a San Francisco based big logistics company) and became their VP and MD. Last stop before public service was DHL which hired him as Country MAnager and GM. Along the way, he won several awards in the shipping business and also was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader. These awards are not like PAP self masturbation awards. They are industry awards. So, he must have been doing something right to be recognized by his peers. His career is one of upward trending promotions and ever bigger responsibilities. If you know anything about the shipping business, its a fast paced and demanding industry that tolerates no fools. Incompetence is usually weeded out very quickly, and everyone knows everyone in this industry. For him to continue to get jobs in the industry with ever higher responsibilities indicates this moron is no fool. He did not have friends or relatives that got him job. He did not have the benefit of any fast tracked programs for him like the SAF scholarship or PSC scholarship programs.

rofl thanks for putting the screw in place. so far you're the one that can openly screw him without getting an instant ban. Btw why you call him a moron and say he isn't a fool?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this scrooballs pseudonym is so full of shit,everything he writes is always angled and phrased in such a way u are forced to go down his path of thinking,his perspective,its like u are not allowed to come to ur own conclusions or independent thoughts unless u turn off the screen and smash ur laptop.everything is phrased in such a way that subtlely makes PAP looks good and competent like they always knew what they were doing and anything bad that happens was just a coincidence or serendipity in a negative sense .its not almost certain if not for sure that this guy is a ex civil servant or a closet PAPaedophile,if this was wwii,he probably worked as a propagandist for the nazis.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong these private sector superstars like tsl and Chen show Mao that crossed over to politics? Suddenly all became idiots.

whats wrong with Chen show mao?has anyone seen his resume?this is the lawyer that drafted the framework and contracts together for some of the largest deals and mergers in the world worth nearly $20 billion and $19 billion for some of the biggest corporations in US and Asia.they trusted him and his intellect but SG parliament doesnt?iv seen his speeches and intellect in parliament it was iron solid,he needs to prove something to Singapore?if anything SG parliament should be licking his shoes and giving him a Ministerial post immediately to start formulating policies and.if i owned a billion dollar company i would hire the man in an instant,this is the difference between the private sector and the public sector,men like Chen show mao gets shit done,while men like Lim sia SUay only good at talking shit.this is why politics is retarded,in the 1990 presidential election they didnt elect Ross perot,clearly a man of logic, brains and substance that made bill clinton looked like a snake oil salesmen,slick but doesnt really know what hes talking about,instead the public vote for a clown like Donald trump.

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
rofl thanks for putting the screw in place. so far you're the one that can openly screw him without getting an instant ban. Btw why you call him a moron and say he isn't a fool?

Hey half Indian bastard don't stand behind a tiger and meow. Kaninabu cheebye, try to manage a roar by yourself. Don't act like another smelly duck liver eh hiao buay?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike his father, this PM is easily persuaded. VB wanted to drive the smart nation programme on the basis that he is a PC hobbyist and he did nothing for the 3 years and it was taken away early this month. I am sure Teo asked for it citing his past commercial experience. Public Service is a whole different ball game. The number of EDB top performers who did sales pitch failed miserably as crafting policies, statecraft are a whole different ball games.

When Balaji a successful surgeon was told that he would not progress to cabinet from rank of senior MOS, he chose to stay in post instead of going back to his lucrative practice. He was noted for his policy making prowess and for his humility but considered lacking in political agression.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am just being sarcastic. Teok Sir Fuck is first and foremost an asshole. With Screwedballs, you have to see the failings in his logic. Not hard to do. One sentence called this guys a rising star in the private sector, next sentence he is a hollow person with no substance. Logical or not?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
this scrooballs pseudonym is so full of shit,everything he writes is always angled and phrased in such a way u are forced to go down his path of thinking,his perspective,its like u are not allowed to come to ur own conclusi0ons or independent thoughts unless u turn off the screen and smash ur laptop.everything is phrased in such a way that subtlely makes PAP looks good and competent like they always knew what they were doing and anything bad that happens was just a coincidence or serendipity in a negative sense .its not almost certain if not for sure that this guy is a ex civil servant or a closet PAPaedophile,if this was wwii,he probably worked as a propagandist for the nazis.

I think you have him figured out. Come elections time, he will suddenly come out swinging against the oppos and make the PAP look like gold.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
whats wrong with Chen show mao?has anyone seen his resume?this is the lawyer that drafted the framework and contracts together for some of the largest deals and mergers in the world worth nearly $20 billion and $19 billion for some of the biggest corporations in US and Asia.they trusted him and his intellect but SG parliament doesnt?iv seen his speeches and intellect in parliament it was iron solid,he needs to prove something to Singapore?if anything SG parliament should be licking his shoes and giving him a Ministerial post immediately to start formulating policies and.if i owned a billion dollar company i would hire the man in an instant,this is the difference between the private sector and the public sector,men like Chen show mao gets shit done,while men like Lim sia SUay only good at talking shit.this is why politics is retarded,in the 1990 presidential election they didnt elect Ross perot,clearly a man of logic, brains and substance that made bill clinton looked like a snake oil salesmen,slick but doesnt really know what hes talking about,instead the public vote for a clown like Donald trump.

Chen Show Mao will not play ball with them. CSM was a Rhodes scholar. A real scholar award competed for by students all over the world. Any PAP ministers ever win a Rhodes scholarship? SAF scholarship is tak parkay. My respect for CSM failed when he joined the WP. The WP in my opinion is a fake oppo and since joining WP, CSM has been quiet as a mouse. Its too bad.