• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 80 Year-Old Sinkie Engineer Stranded In Chinkland Thanks To Tigerair!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
18197309_498301407225991_939862443_n.jpg

18191551_498279780561487_1430721357_n.jpg

At least four Singaporeans are stranded in Xi'an, China, after their Tigerair flight was delayed on Wednesday (April 26) night, with police officers called in to contain the commotion by stranded passengers.

Mr Leong Siew Tim, an 80-year-old engineer, told The Straits Times over the phone that he and a friend were on flight TR2969, which was supposed to depart at 11.35pm on Wednesday.

"We were in the plane for almost two hours," he said. "Then they told us that the plane could not fly out and we will have to get out of the plane and then there were no clear instructions on what we were supposed to do."

Mr Leong said the some 150 passengers on the plane waited until 3am in the morning. They were taken to a hotel and provided meals and were told that a bus would take them to the airport, where a replacement plane flying in from Singapore would take them home.

"When we were all in the bus, halfway to the airport, the bus turned back and we were told that the plane was not given approval to leave Singapore," said Mr Leong.

The group, which was made out mainly of tour groups from Malaysia, then returned to the hotel, he said.

"A big group gathered around and waited for 45 minutes for a Tigerair representative to come and explain to us the situation," he said. "The representative said the replacement plane will arrive from Singapore at 4am tomorrow (April 28)."

Mr Leong said that there was no representative accompanying the passengers at the hotel, to give instructions or updates.

"I think this is a very bad image of Singapore's airlines and I'm very disappointed," he said.

Mr Leong, who was there with a friend in his 50s, said there was another young Singaporean couple with them, but he is unsure how many Singaporeans are on the plane.

The airline paid for the hotel and the food, he said, but the group was very unhappy, and the commotion caused even resulted in police officers turning up to control the crowd, he said.

According to airline tracking websites, the flight appears not to have departed, although it is unclear why.

ST has contacted Tigerair for more information.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...er-tigerair-delay-police-called-in-to-contain

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's strange that there are so many sinkie engineers in their 80s. aren't they sick of being an engineer for close to a century :confused:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it's strange that there are so many sinkie engineers in their 80s. aren't they sick of being an engineer for close to a century :confused:

I agree. This also shows that the engineering profession is for lower class degree holders. Otherwise, why would they still be eking out a living with their "engineering skills" at such an old age instead of playing with their grandchildren and doing qigong?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I heard that Peanuts is the reincarnation of Claire!

can't be. the only rascal she has is a sextisfying former co-worker, and the best friend she has is sue (no pun intended as that can be misconstrued as regular parlance in the legal profession).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's what they get for flying budget. cannot kpkb much when they pay peanuts.

I often fly with Jetstar a budget airlines & have no complaints.

According to the ST there were only 4 Sporeans on the flight, including this old, old ...senior citizen who should have known about Tiger but can understand when one is an 80 year old where money or maybe dementia or alzheimer is a factor :o

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past during daddy's time, the 'S' brand =quality/reliability

Now under the son , the name= breakdown and delay (eg NOL,SMRT, lifts /train breakdowns, hepatitis death in hospitals hospitals ect2)

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I often fly with Jetstar a budget airlines & have no complaints.

According to the ST there were only 4 Sporeans on the flight, including this old, old ...senior citizen who should have known about Tiger but can understand when one is an 80 year old where money or maybe dementia or alzheimer is a factor :o

i wouldn't want an 80-year old engineer to work on my projects. they should have retired way before 69. if they work past 69 for a living, they must be truly fucked up with their finances and lives.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. This also shows that the engineering profession is for lower class degree holders. Otherwise, why would they still be eking out a living with their "engineering skills" at such an old age instead of playing with their grandchildren and doing qigong?

Nowadays SG is bestowing all kinds of fantastic title like car seller is call Sales Engineer, Public relation is call Customer Service Manager, insurance agent is call Accounts Manager and so on to make them sound great but their salary is dame farking low.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wouldn't want an 80-year old engineer to work on my projects. they should have retired way before 69. if they work past 69 for a living, they must be truly fucked up with their finances and lives.

There will always be a place in Spore for these senior citizens because where else can the PAP find cheap & brain washed labour:confused:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these disgraceful snkies.... where is the indian snake. pls jail and cane them all. setting commotion is china is so disgraceful. no wonder national relationship is so low.