• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Fire Hydrant

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I walked past a fire hydrant near my office at noon on my way out for lunch. It triggered some memories which I thought I will write about it here.

When I was in kindergarten, I was often fascinated when I see a fire hydrant. The bright fire engine red colour, sprouting out from the ground was like a instant attraction to me.

When I was lonely, I would always run to nearby fire hydrant outside my grandparents' bungalow, imagining that I was a young, tall and macho fireman, in full webbing with cool sun shades, arriving in a stylo milo fire engine.

"Weee-oooo, Weee-oooo", "Weee-oooo", and the fire engine would arrive at the house on fire. Then I would leap out like a hero, launched the fire ladders like a pro, and become a life saver to those trapped in there.

Even up to this day, (decades after my initial childhood obsession with this funny looking red object lying innocuously everywhere), I will always stop and look at one , whichever country I am in, be it Singapore or elsewhere.

Here's some pictures of my obsession with fire hydrants from the internet. The usual boring fire hydrant seen around Singapore nowadays.

DSC04891.JPG

Older versions of fire hydrants are still around in some parts of Singapore, and sometimes when I walk past them, I wonder whether they are still functioning, aside from its aesthetic value.

img_0329.jpg

Children are always asked this question since time immemorial : "What you want to be when you grow up?" (Then), I had always replied : "Fireman!". Simply because the fire hydrant was my playmate when I was a little one. Or at least it was my best friend and kept me away from loneliness.

I remembered a kindergarten classmate with the last name "Loong" (Nota Bene : Not the same Loong that the 69% is intimately fond of), affirmatively and proudly declared he wanted to be a One Eye Pirate, much to the laughter of some and chuckling of others in the class. I wonder what and how he's doing now. Perhaps he is a very successful billionaire.

Well, I didn't grow up to be a tall and macho fireman but I do don a pair of cool aviator shades now and then.

What was your childhood ambition? Did it materialise ? :smile:

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that you Claire, Tracey, cmkpd? Long time no see.

Yippeee....if it is really Claire....the question is :

Quote I walked past a fire hydrant near my office at noon on my way out for lunch. It triggered some memories which I thought I will write about it here.

When I was in kindergarten, I was often fascinated when I see a fire hydrant. The bright fire engine red colour, sprouting out from the ground was like a instant attraction to me.

When I was lonely, I would always run to nearby fire hydrant outside my grandparents' bungalow...UNQUOTE

Did she use the fire hydrants to practice her pcc?

No wonder, now when the ang mo tua kee rammed through her, no problem...and she likes it so much..hhhmmmmhhhhh.....seventh heaven, wonderful juices flowing out and climax. climax, CLIMAX!!!!!!:p

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yippeee....if it is really Claire....:p

I am perfectly fine if you want to address me as Claire, Tracey or cmkpd or whoever. It's an online forum where people and their monikers come in here, bitch, write, destress, share some sorrows, rant and have some fun and laughter :smile:

So, what were both your childhood ambition? Did they materialise?

jw5

Loyal
I thought it would trigger memories of your late doggie Rascal. :o

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it would trigger memories of your late doggie Rascal. :o

Oh dear, don't remind me of Rascal, please. I wrote about fire hydrant to cool my brains off Rascal. Sigh...You are just as mischievous as Rascal. Scallywag !!!

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
What was your childhood ambition?
Because both my parents spoke to me in English most of the time (probably even from the day I was born), not only did I want to become an:
oxforddictionaries.com/definition/Englishman
well before I even completed (possibly even before I started) Primary school, I even "declared" several times (to my own family and relatives) that "I am an Englishman!" :o

Did it materialise ? :smile:
I'm still a Chinese Sinkie, living in the ward whose MP was born in 1969:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Chun_Sing
parliament.gov.sg/mp/chan-chun-sing
("Meet-the-People Session" every Monday evening at "Blk 32 Holland Close #01-96 Singapore 270032")
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?234846-Why is Chan Chun Sing the only Minister (other than LHL) among the seven eulogizers?

[video=youtube;1iEQCCUsdHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iEQCCUsdHk[/video]

mothership.sg/2015/01/chan-chun-sings-reaction-after-hearing-he-could-be-the-next-labour-chief

:p

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yippeee....if it is really Claire....
It's obviously neither:
sammyboy.com/member.php?9902-TracyTan866
nor her clone:
sammyboy.com/member.php?11115-ckmpd
simply because her English is not as good. :wink:

sammyboy.com/member.php?109306-Claire
is also obviously a clone, but whose clone is "she"? That is the question. :wink:

sammyboy.com/member.php?106649-Peanuts
should also be a clone of a certain well-known member, but for now, I prefer to be patient with him. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am perfectly fine if you want to address me as Claire, Tracey or cmkpd or whoever. It's an online forum where people and their monikers come in here, bitch, write, destress, share some sorrows, rant and have some fun and laughter :smile:

So, what were both your childhood ambition? Did they materialise?

the swaying sexy ass of my female geography teacher was the dream of boys. i've always wanted to grow up with a huge pecker to grade and score her. macron brings back fond memories and mammaries of teachers of yore oozing with sexuality.

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
the swaying sexy ass of my female geography teacher was the dream of boys. i've always wanted to grow up with a huge pecker to grade and score her. macron brings back fond memories and mammaries of teachers of yore oozing with sexuality.

ESD, you are always so horny. Oops, I mean corny :smile:

The French are not like the British. The tabloids may have blown this totally out of proportion, but the average French views romance and relationship differently from others. Bridgette, may be 24 years older than Macron, but I am sure it is a plus point for him having Bridgette by his side.The French may even view this as a good thing, as Bridgette may inject maturity into a young 40 years old frontrunner presidential nominee.

Had it been the reverse, no one would have blown it up so big. Hollande's love affair with a young girl did not even get this much attention.

I am digressing, anyway, what was your childhood ambition? :smile:

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wu yahh boh....macron got a dried up piece of chow jew her...24 years leh!!!....nearly quarter of a century!!!

Hopefully, the mammies of your yearning age difference not so much...or else how really to enjoy? ....so dry...nehhh:p

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Scallywag! But it's fine. Life is too short to be bothered by your comments. :smile:
By the way, so far, the "great":
sammyboy.com/member.php?109306-Claire
is the only other member to use "Scallywag":
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?221784-Yawn-please-close-or-cover-your-mouth
Anyway, he picked me up from work yesterday at 6pm. We had an early dinner at Shinji by Kanesaka at St. Regis. I must say food was great at this Japanese outlet. I love the Omakase Shin meal which I ordered. Oh, I am told that there is usually a long reservation list and I am not sure how he managed to get us a place for dinner. Anyway, that is not important.

What actually disgusted me was HIM. Yes, HIM! I am not sure if he was trying to “stir” me up or being a pest.

During our meal, he let go a loud burp! I had to tell him off ~ and my body automatically cringed up . It really ruined an otherwise perfect dinner. To make matters worse, at the end of dinner he let off this amazing yawn with his mouth wide opened with an equally astounding yawning sound ~ “aaaaawaaaaawh”. Again, I had to tell him to cover up his bloody mouth and tone down his yawning sound.

We then argued about his “yawning” in his car, on the way back to my home. He had the damn cheek to argue that yawning is an indication that his brain needed oxygen and closing his mouth was cutting down on the oxygen he takes in. And he “accused” me of stopping oxygen from getting to his pea brain!

What a Jerk! Rascal. Skunk. Dirt-bag. Devil. Scum. Asshole. Beast. Bastard. Scoundrel. Shit-hole. Rogue. Slimebag. Scallywag. Scamp, Animal. Villain. Ratbag. Stinker. Swine!
Were you "her" victim too? :wink:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php