• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Will we meet again?

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I don't think my post will be as "enigmatic" as my thread's title suggests... I have been thinking a lot, grieving, and I thought it's best I write it out, somewhere, anywhere and whatever makes me feel better to let my feelings out, instead of thinking about inane rubbish like the future of data messaging to keep my minds off grief.

Fifteen years ago, I decided to get myself a companion. I walked into a pet shop at Thomson Road area. A 6 month old dog caught my attention. While the other dogs were relentlessly barking away, Rascal (a name which I subsequently gave him) was in a sitting in an upright position, with his eyes deeply focused on me, speaking to me and pleading with me to bring him home. Without hesitation, I chose him. The pet shop revealed that Rascal is an Aussie breed Schnauzer SKC certified pedigree and all his brothers and sisters had already found their homes. He added that it was "challenging" to find Rascal a home, as his vision was slightly defective due to convergent strabismus.

Rascal was a timid boy when I brought him home. If we were walking on cement floor in the garden, he would stop and refuse to move if the floor ahead of him were cobbered pavements, or of a different colour or texture. Well, through a passage of time, with conditioning and trust in me, he overcame his "fears" and we build a great friendship that lasted for 15 years.

Rascal was my alarm clock. Without fail, every morning at about 7.15am, he would jump up my bed and pawed at me. In my dreamy stupor, I would hobble to the kitchen, opened the fridge and prepared his salmon breakfast. He would look intently at the "chef" preparing his first meal of the day. By the time he's done gobbling, I would clean his mouth, eyes and gave him a short massage which he thoroughly enjoyed. It took me some time to housebreak Rascal, but eventually he knew that his waste tray was where he needed to do all his potty business.

Life was blissful with Rascal by my side. On weekends, he would happily hop into the car while I drove to Botanical Gardens or other parks for a stroll. He doesn't need to be leashed as he would follow behind me while we walked, save for his occasional pee stops, smell stops and poo stops.

Time flies. Eventually, Rascal grew old. I knew my fifteen years companionship with him was coming to an end as he became very ill a few days ago, unable to eat, poo, or even walk without assistance. The vet told me I have to make the "difficult" decision, as his quality of life has diminshed beyond palliative care. So, the other day, I made the final decision to have Rascal "put down".

Laying Rascal on the vet's stainless steel table, he had a blanket wrapped around him. I petted Rascal gently and spoke to him as the vet prepared the injection. I told him I would see him in heaven as all dogs go to heaven and that he would need to wait for me for a while over there. I told him to be a good boy and do not litter around indiscriminately and make new friends with the other dogs over there. The vet did what he had to do. Rascal laid there quietly for a few seconds, and just before the lethal dose hits him, Rascal moved his head, gazed at my eyes, and I felt him saying goodbye, and his eyes closed for the very last time.

Well, tears rolled in my eyes, then, and each time I recall his earthly exit. Even now as I write, I can't hold back my tears for Rascal, who has been my friend, my companion, my happy moments.

Will I see Rascal again? Deep in me, my intuition says I will.

Good boy Rascal. Stay happy and make new friends. Even if I don't get to see you again, be a good boy and be adaptable to the change of environment.

Always love you, Rascal.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've been through this process many times. Every single time I swore it would be the last time I ever owned a dog. The loss was just so painful.

Six months later a brand new bundle of joy would become part of my life for more than a decade and the process would repeat itself.

If it is true that all dogs go to heaven I'm afraid I won't ever see any of them again because that is definitely NOT where I am going.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am sure you will meet again, life is about all these wonderful feelings but sometimes can teach us valuable but sad experiences
i have a 8 year old golden retriever and i am dreading that day too…..

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
There stands before us, let us suppose, an animal in the full activity of life.

“This animal has no true existence, but merely an apparent existence, a constant becoming, a relative existence which may just as well be called non-being as being. Only the Idea which expresses itself in that animal is truly ‘being,’ or the animal in-itself, which is dependent upon nothing, but is in and for itself but always is in the same way.

If now we recognise its Idea in this animal, it is all one and of no importance whether we have this animal now before us or its progenitor of a thousand years ago, whether it is here or in a distant land, whether it presents itself in this or that manner, position, or action; whether, lastly, it is this or any other individual of the same species; all this is nothing, and only concerns the phenomenon; the Idea of the animal alone has true being

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see many sinkies who keep dogs as their beloved pets, send their dogs to veterinarian and clean up dog poos but they refuse to change diapers for their own parents.

you mean u can clean dog shit and you have to hire maids to take care of your own parents?

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
...all dogs go to heaven...
In my humble opinion, there is a difference between the souls of animals and the souls of humans. :wink:
Human souls cannot die (even after the death of their bodies), and will end up in the one and only true Heaven or Hell after their bodies die. :wink:
As for the souls of animals, I'm not sure whether or not they stop existing after their bodies die; but if they continue existing, they certainly cannot end up in the same Heaven or Hell that human souls will end up in. :wink:

...he would need to wait for me for a while over there.
If it is true that all dogs go to heaven I'm afraid I won't ever see any of them again because that is definitely NOT where I am going.
Both of you (or your souls, to be more precise) will end up in the one and only true Heaven or Hell after your bodies die, not the "heaven" for animals (and that's if such an "animal heaven" exists), I'm afraid. :wink:

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe heaven do not allow those who commit suicide,in the movie Constantine they always end up in hell.but it's alright,heaven is overrated anyway.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my humble opinion, there is a difference between the souls of animals and the souls of humans

The word soul means a knowing being independent of the brain organ. Now we know this to be false, for, when brain function is destroyed at death, consciousness or knowledge of this world is severed. We also observe this in deep sleep, a period where the brain takes a break and brain function has diminished. The question is, what remains?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The word soul means a knowing being independent of the brain organ. Now we know this to be false, for, when brain function is destroyed at death, consciousness or knowledge of this world is severed. We also observe this in deep sleep, a period where the brain takes a break and brain function has diminished. The question is, what remains?

Which is why we seek to become a higher form of being,being defined by the human brain is so fragile,ur personality,ur identity,the billions of cells that make up and define u can so easily be destroyed by disease,illness, accident,mental illness,stroke,coma,a brief period of oxygen deprivation or age and decline.What if we become dr Manhattan instead.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm 69 and this is a 9.6-month pup.

IMG_4483.JPG

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
The word soul means a knowing being independent of the brain organ. Now we know this to be false ... The question is, what remains?
The question is, what if it's true that every human being is indeed made up of body and soul? :wink:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dear Peanut,

Fluffy, a silky terrier, was my first dog or rather me and my late wife’s first dog, indeed she brought us lots of joy especially in times of pain and sorrow she seems to know how to comforts us. Fluffy has been the glue that binds us together as she seems to also know when the relationship was on a rocky path. She’s been with us through the darkest moment of our lives till the moment when life itself surrenders for my wife.

So it was time for me to move on, taking with her to Thailand when she was about 9, building a new life for myself and every moment of it Fluffy was there celebrating my successes and loyally walking through with my failures. Morning of 13[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2012, Fluffy already 14, old and sick left me, and in the afternoon, we have to said goodbye to her.

[video=youtube;UMEsS-5uqRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMEsS-5uqRM[/video]

Two hours after her cremation we brought her ashes home and its been in an urn on my side of the bed until today.

Fluffy was gone, forever, or is she really gone?

Just one month after Fluffy was gone, we decided to have a new dog. Browsing in the internet we decided to have a white Maltese and choose a puppy from a breeder, as she was still being nursed we have to wait till the breeder calls us. It was a month of anticipation. Went to collect the new maltese, maid actually went in, paid and took the new dog to the car. Holding the new fragile puppy whom I decided to call her Aiko, the maid was crying walking toward the car, asked her why was she crying especially it’s a happy occasion she could speak and just pushed the birth certificate to us, we all started crying too as Aiko’s birthday wasn Fluffy passing, 13[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2012. Will we meet Fluffy again?

This is Aiko, (photo taken this morning on my way to the Suvarnabhumbi airport)

Now Aiko has a younger sister, Yumi (video taken a week ago in a resort in Pattaya)

[video=youtube;tyndmAlZCYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyndmAlZCYo[/video]

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been through this process many times. Every single time I swore it would be the last time I ever owned a dog. The loss was just so painful.

Six months later a brand new bundle of joy would become part of my life for more than a decade and the process would repeat itself.

Leongsam, thanks for the advice. I am not sure I will be as brave as you to go through multiple times of such loss. Thanks anyway.

i am sure you will meet again, life is about all these wonderful feelings but sometimes can teach us valuable but sad experiences
i have a 8 year old golden retriever and i am dreading that day too…..

Thankyou mahjong king. I hope you have a wonderful time with your goldie.

Yes, you will. :wink:

Thankyou jw5 for your positivity and kind words.

It was a good death! Cheer up! :smile::smile::smile:
At least Rascal is suffering no more!

Thankyou zhihau. Yep, his quality of life was gone and now hopefully Rascal doesn’t suffer no more.

Dear Peanut,

Fluffy, a silky terrier, She’s been with us through the darkest moment of our lives ….

Holding the new fragile puppy whom I decided to call her Aiko…., we all started crying too as Aiko’s birthday wasn Fluffy passing, 13[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2012. Will we meet Fluffy again?

Now Aiko has a younger sister, Yumi
Many thanks to you Joe. I am sure Aiko is Fluffy. May you and your family together with Fluffy and Aiko have a great day, great times and great bonding.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had a dog for 15 years.
When he died I cried for 3 days. And was sick for a week.
Technically he wasn't MY dog as he was the family's dog. We had him when I was 12 so he pretty much grew up with me. He was my first and last dog....before that I've had a host of other pets like white mice, rabbits, hamsters etc.
I swore I'll never get another dog on the day he died. I never did. So my children grew up without knowing the joys of having a pet dog but I mitigated that through bringing them to volunteer at the SPCA.
Having pets and particularly a pet dog for 15 years made me an animal lover. I've taken psychological tests for sociopathy and psychopathy traits. I always score very high on the scale saved for one single factor that usually tip the balance back to normal.....is the fact that I love animals.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Very nice movie A Dog's Purpose - Official Trailer (HD)

[video=youtube;1jLOOCADTGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jLOOCADTGs[/video]