• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good Young Couple Trashes Pioneer Over Hawker Centre Table Choping!

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if she was merely sorry she was caught, she will probably do the same thing again, simply because people like her who insist on getting their own way seldom change.

Exactly! Classic case of "i'm sorry i was caught, i promise all of you i never want to get caught again!"

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If uncle was there and heard the pitiful cries of the woman, I am sure he would have sympathy for her. He is a kind man.
Now that she had cried and apologised to the uncle in public, I suppose if Uncle can forgive and forget, the media should be appeased.

Uncle accepted apologies from couple.

Mr Ng told Lianhe Wanbao that he feels there is no need to meet face to face, as the couple have been punished enough, and everyone should just "forgive and forget".

"It's only human to make mistakes. What is important is to admit it, and then move on. There's no point clinging onto something that has already happened."

Mr Ng said he never had the intention to pursue the matter. After the incident, he did not tell his family members as he did not want them to worry.
"I'm just a nobody. On the day of the incident, all I wanted was to have a meal there and leave."

He said he would have accepted their apology any time, but then the matter escalated quickly beyond his control.

"I'm already so old. I do not have the strength to go and argue who's right or wrong with the younsters."

Mr Ng added that he was a sportsman in his younger days, and understood sportsmanship.

"During a game, you may accidentally commit a foul, but just apologise and it's fine. There's no need to hold onto any grudge."

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't waste time lah
image.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Uncle Ng appears to be a very low key, unassuming and forgiving man. All the more reason his family members and fellow Singaporeans should speak up for him. :wink:

Uncle accepted apologies from couple.

Mr Ng told Lianhe Wanbao that he feels there is no need to meet face to face, as the couple have been punished enough, and everyone should just "forgive and forget".

"It's only human to make mistakes. What is important is to admit it, and then move on. There's no point clinging onto something that has already happened."

Mr Ng said he never had the intention to pursue the matter. After the incident, he did not tell his family members as he did not want them to worry.
"I'm just a nobody. On the day of the incident, all I wanted was to have a meal there and leave."

He said he would have accepted their apology any time, but then the matter escalated quickly beyond his control.

"I'm already so old. I do not have the strength to go and argue who's right or wrong with the younsters."

Mr Ng added that he was a sportsman in his younger days, and understood sportsmanship.

"During a game, you may accidentally commit a foul, but just apologise and it's fine. There's no need to hold onto any grudge."

jw5

Loyal
Boo Friggin' Hoo! :rolleyes::biggrin:

Couple who bullied old man say they’ve been ‘living like fugitives’; victim just wants to move on

From MSN news

The case of the highly viral incident involving a couple bullying an elderly man at a Toa Payoh Hawker Centre came to a conclusion last week, but it looks like troubles may be far from over for the convicted duo.

AAq2CWl.img

Chow Chuin Yee, 45, was fined $1,500 for causing public nuisance and using criminal force on 76-year-old Ng Ai Hua when he shoved the latter during an argument over seats. His partner, 38-year-old Tay Puay Leng, was fined $1,200 for one count of harassment. Both were the subject of overwhelming wrath when their bad behavior was captured on video back in April, as they verbally and physically abused Ng, who simply asked if it was okay to have his dinner at their five-seater table. They were arrested four days after the incident.

Not surprisingly, the couple have expressed their extreme distress over the attention attracted by their actions. Speaking to The Sunday Times, Chow stated that they’ve been “living like fugitives” since the incident, which has invited massive backlash both online and in real life. Some of the difficulties they claimed to have underwent include:

Getting filmed by a stranger while queuing up for a meal at a hawker centre.

A man intentionally moving backward to bump into Chow in a queue, stepping onto his toes.

Tay experiencing anxiety while being out in public — an issue bad enough for her to seek psychiatric help and resort to medication.

They’ve since made multiple efforts to win back the public’s approval, including writing apology letters to Ng and asking for the chance to apologize in person. Tay, in particular, stated that she continues to regret her rash actions that fateful day, which was apparently prompted by stress from taking care of her dementia-ridden grandmother.

In an interview with The Straits Times yesterday, Ng accepted the couple’s apologies but says that he doesn’t want to meet them in person. Though the man doesn’t blame the public for their severe reactions, he just wants to move on from the incident, and hopes that they’ve learnt their lesson.

“If they are sincere and really regret their actions, then people will know”, Ng noted. “But if it is an act, people can also judge. Life is like that.”

jw5

Loyal
‘Life can move on’ for old man shoved by couple

From TNP online

The couple who shouted at him are around his own children's ages.

And if Mr Chow Chuin Yee, 45, and Ms Tay Puay Leng, 38, were really his kids, Mr Ng Ai Hua would have taken them to task.

"I would scold them for quarrelling over a seat," he said grimly.

As it is, the 76-year-old who was shoved by the couple at the Toa Payoh Lorong 8 hawker centre on April 21 now just wants to move on.

In an interview with The Straits Times last night at his home in Ang Mo Kio, Mr Ng said he accepts the couple's apologies but does not wish to see them in person.

"The couple has received their punishment and life can move on," he said.

"It is all water under the bridge now. I just hope it can be a lesson to them."

Mr Ng, a retiree, has two children, aged 42 and 38.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Mr Chow and Ms Tay said they regretted their actions and want to apologise to Mr Ng in person. They also said they felt "punished by society" and like they were living like "fugitives".

To Mr Ng, the punishment that the couple faced was not just the fines meted out by the court, but the excoriation they received online and even in person.

"Because of what has happened, they are shamed and they can hardly show their faces in public," he said. "I leave it to people to judge them."

He added that he does not blame the public for the outcry. "People saw it and felt upset. They saw that the couple had gone too far," he said.

jw5

Loyal
Who asked them to push an old man who just wanted to have his meal? :biggrin:

Harassment continues at tuition centre where couple in Toa Payoh hawker centre bullying incident work

From MSN news

Bad fortune just keeps rolling in for the couple who were caught, convicted and fined for abusing an elderly man at a hawker centre back in April. The harassment endured by 45-year-old Chow Chuin Yee and his 38-year-old Tay Puay Leng sees no end in sight, even after the two went on camera to express their regret and distress over the backlash they’ve suffered since the clip of their misdeeds went viral.

The New Paper now reports that the harassment has streamed into their workplace — a tuition centre where they both work. Chow is a director at Novel Leaning Centre, while Tay is a tutor in the same place.

According to a director at Novel Learning Centre who spoke to The New Paper, his employees are getting stressed out from the constant abuse they have to endure from angry strangers. The troubles include:

Getting calls from strangers who’ll verbally abuse the centre’s staff members. One caller in particular threatened to destroy the company.

People loitering outside the centre’s premises to say “bad things” to the parents of their students. Staff members fear getting hounded even when they want to head out to use the toilet.

Student attendance at the centre Tay was teaching at had been aversely affected.

Novel Learning Centre gets hit by dozens of negative reviews, visibly so on tuition centre database ManyTutors. Continued harassment presumably prompted the centre to take down their Facebook page.

“It’s really going way over the line and getting out of hand,” said the centre’s director to The New Paper. Which is very much true, considering that the very people getting provoked and screamed at did nothing at all to the old man at Toa Payoh Lorong 8 hawker centre.