• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Am I a closet racist?

Peanuts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have many Mainland Chinese, Malaysian Malays, Singapore and India indians friends. A few Japanese, Korean blokes and a handful of Angmohs too. Somehow, when I am mingling with them, my racism side of me doesn't surface. I enjoy their company and they enjoy mine. We dine and party like good friends, oblivious to skin colour, ethnic and cultural differences and embrace the diversity in our mix.

But deep in me, I dislike the loud talking Mainland Chinese or Singapore and India Indians when I encounter them in public places, like the MRT, shopping malls and even in the neighborhood joints. Screaming on top of their voices on their mobile phones seem to be their favorite pastime, or maybe to satisfy their need to feel important to the general public.

The Angmohs irritate me too. Their sheer arrogance colonial superior mentality makes me want to kick their bollocks when I see them talking in a condescending manner towards Singaporeans.

On the other hand, the Malays, Japanese and Koreans do not really irritate me that much and I am not sure why.

I am wondering why? Am I a closet racist? Why are there conflicting reactions in me? Am I stereotyping skin colour to behaviour that result in this reaction in me? Maybe the Malays, Japanese and Koreans are generally well behaved and mindful of their public conduct, thus I am generally ok with them.

Why am I not able to find a consistent principle to this latent racism in me?

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have many Mainland Chinese, Malaysian Malays, Singapore and India indians friends. A few Japanese, Korean blokes and a handful of Angmohs too. Somehow, when I am mingling with them, my racism side of me doesn't surface. I enjoy their company and they enjoy mine. We dine and party like good friends, oblivious to skin colour, ethnic and cultural differences and embrace the diversity in our mix.

But deep in me, I dislike the loud talking Mainland Chinese or Singapore and India Indians when I encounter them in public places, like the MRT, shopping malls and even in the neighborhood joints. Screaming on top of their voices on their mobile phones seem to be their favorite pastime, or maybe to satisfy their need to feel important to the general public.

The Angmohs irritate me too. Their sheer arrogance colonial superior mentality makes me want to kick their bollocks when I see them talking in a condescending manner towards Singaporeans.

On the other hand, the Malays, Japanese and Koreans do not really irritate me that much and I am not sure why.

I am wondering why? Am I a closet racist? Why are there conflicting reactions in me? Am I stereotyping skin colour to behaviour that result in this reaction in me? Maybe the Malays, Japanese and Koreans are generally well behaved and mindful of their public conduct, thus I am generally ok with them.

Let's put it this way....ALL OF US ARE NOT RACISTS, CLOSET OR NOT.

All of us are human beings and we have emotions and able to read subtle body language and hidden meanings to words, actions and behaviour.

Collectively we are also much affected by the behaviour of others around us, especially those whom we have grown accustomed to or interact with since young. So, as a result, we have a tendency to act and behave similar to whoever share the same culture, practices, etc with, that is, same race or ethnic group.

What we feel when we do not like the Ah Tiong, or the kerlings, pinoys, etc is just our reaction to the collective & similar behaviour exhibited by them when they interact with us. If don't 'like' them, most often than not, it is that as a group (racial or ethnic) we do not act or behave the same way as the ah toing, kerlings, etc (as a group). So we do not talk loudly, call attention to ourselves or push our way forward, disregarding the queue or order, etc. The collective behaviour of ah toing, etc are different and violate our sense of proper human conduct. Thus we have reactions against them. Over time, with much interactions, we may grow used to the different behaviour of other groups, understand them better or grow to dislike them even more due to bad reactions to their behaviour.

All these reactions against other races or ethnic groups are just normal....what it takes for peaceful coexistence is for mutual tolerance, understanding and a review from time to time of our own behaviour towards other races or groups.

This is the ideal. Sadly, the world is not ideal and all of us are just too busy in struggling for a measure of rational life to sometime accommodate others who are different from others. So disputes, wars and atrocities against other races or groups continue to fester and become worse over time.

What your behaviour tells is that you are normal, you react like a human being against abhorrent behaviour of other races, ethnic groups. IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL.

To reduce such feelings of uncertainty, doubts and unhappiness, start with yourself first. Be aware your feelings, reactions, your own idea of reasonable behaviour. Then make adjustments and accommodations accordingly. Avoid these negative people if you can or if cannot, don't react negatively, take that as just passing wind, unless the opposite behaviour threaten the safety and livelihood of yourself or your family.

If everyone can do the same, every day and on every interaction with others who are different from us, the world will be a more peaceful place.

First know yourself, control yourself and the world will be a better place.

That is all. :biggrin::biggrin:

PS By the way, the word 'racist' is an invention of the liberal left who are trying to cover up their own abhorrent behaviour by first accusing others of being 'racist'. Just know that you are NOT RACIST and ignore these idiots. Their comeuppance will happen one day.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are doing fine. Mist racist race are the Pommies British Empire shitskin.

They branded Chinese as uncouth and infantile. They also said the physical constitution of the Chinese need drug and they are merely supply opium to their needs.

They banned chinese entry to USA for 100 years.

They feared the industrial Chinese presence in their conquered lands.

Fuck the Pommies.

AllahPUKI

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am a peace loving allahpuki retarded m&d.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so u hate the PRCs but like the Japs?No sir!!!u are not racist u are just practising reverse racism!!!the highest form of self introspection.

ur inner superiority is conflicting with ur sense of shame of being born a inferior race,the ugly singaporean chinky race,this results in a conundrum and massive conflicts resulting in distortion of perception and reality,resulting in strange psychosis and cognitive dissonance in racial identity.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm an equal opportunity racist. I hate them all. However ang mohs are still the best of the lot.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am baffled why people have no idea what racism means. Everyone deplores poor and bad behaviour and practices. We despise arrogance, talking loudy, demanding conduct and sharp practices no matter what the race is.

Some cultures have evolved where these areas of conduct have been eliminated while others are learning that they are not acceptable.

Racism means that you despise someone purely on the basis of who they are race wise. It can involve a person with impeccable manners, well educated and in a well regarded profession but racist cannot handle it. They will question how he got into that position. It is usually a sense of one's own insecurity and lack of self esteem. They know they cannot compete. Note the rednecks, bogans, ferals and chavs of the world who are known to be racists. Lack of education, in-breeding, and god knows what.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am baffled why people have no idea what racism means. Everyone deplores poor and bad behaviour and practices. We despise arrogance, talking loudy, demanding conduct and sharp practices no matter what the race is.

Some cultures have evolved where these areas of conduct have been eliminated while others are learning that they are not acceptable.

Racism means that you despise someone purely on the basis of who they are race wise. It can involve a person with impeccable manners, well educated and in a well regarded profession but racist cannot handle it. They will question how he got into that position. It is usually a sense of one's own insecurity and lack of self esteem. They know they cannot compete. Note the rednecks, bogans, ferals and chavs of the world who are known to be racists. Lack of education, in-breeding, and god knows what.

Is it racist if u hate Pinoys?For some reason a sense of deep seated hatred and disgust overwhelms me peripheral and olfaltory senses that is like a anaphylactic shock.

Last edited:

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
moi ish racist and homophobic :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

be7.gif

Taksama_b_l

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weather you are really racist or not you need to just look for every possible cause to DIVIDE DISCRIMINATE & Bring UP CONFLICTS.

To an extend, find faults for just finding faults. Why?

Harmony & Peace is no longer the way to go. Impossible to sustain and fundamentally WRONG. It is not going anywhere and have no hope to make it. All the countries and leadership that wants to uphold these silly ideas FELL APART. All their promises failed.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats because malays, japanese and koreans and most south east asians observe good manners.

That is why chinese will never be respected. Totally lacking in "sopan".

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the Malays, Japanese and Koreans are generally well behaved and mindful of their public conduct, thus I am generally ok with them.
You have just answered your own question, i.e. you are not a "racist". :smile:
You are simply being polite/friendly with certain people in real life, regardless of their race. :wink:
I also find the average Malay, Japanese and Korean to be nicer people, compared to the average Chinese and Indian, and that has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with behaviour/manners/mannerisms, which is why I agree with:
so u hate the PRCs but like the Japs?No sir!!!u are not racist u are just practising reverse racism!!!the highest form of self introspection.
It is a fact that the behaviour/manners/mannerisms of the average Japanese person (whether man or woman, boy or girl, even toddlers!) are obviously superior (even though not perfect) to the behaviour/manners/mannerisms of the average citizen of any other country (or at least within East Asia).
attachment.php

I only started discovering this fact about ten years ago, when I started to become a fan of J-pop (even though the first time I heard a J-pop song was back in the early 1990s when I was still a Primary schoolboy :o); I started with their music, followed by watching their movies, "doramas", variety shows, anime, etc. for some years. :o
After that, whenever I was in the mood to watch any American, British or Hong Kong movie, or Taiwanese drama series (because I also like to watch some of them :o), I started to realize their inferiority, even though I was still entertained by them! :confused:
That was probably when I started suspecting that the worldwide (or at least East Asian) "elite" upper-class powers that be are biased towards Japanese culture, and want to collaborate with the Japanese to enslave the rest of the world (or at least East Asia), in order to improve the behaviour/manners/mannerisms of everyone else and also to reduce the worldwide population. :wink:

Once again, all that has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with behaviour/manners/mannerisms, and it's very important to discern the difference. :wink: