Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sporeta
    Posts
    8,865
    My Reputation Points: 547 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Hahaha this sinkie must be high on weed!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    897
    My Reputation Points: 73 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    The blogger got ask Australia sinkie FT cum states times review editor cheebye Kia Alex Tan zhixiang for comments on WP?

    Name:  IMG_9957.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  331.9 KB

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,993
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad New Brown View Post
    This is not true... WP has been working very hard on the ground after GE 2015 and WP helped a lot of people in needs.

    If the oppositions contest less than half of total seats, the voting atmosphere will be very different. Hence WP will stand a chance if say only 35 seats out of 89 are contented.
    GE2011 was considered the best GE for the oppies because for the first time in a very very long time, all the seats in parliament were contested. And it actually made the PAP scared.

    If the oppies want to try the by-election strategy at GE, I can assure you that it will backfire spectacularly. The PAP will not show the oppies any gratitude for not contesting all the seats. The PAP will simply form the government on nomination day, and then harness all the resources available to it as the new government to help its contesting candidates win.

    Like or hate the PAP, the PAP goes all out to win all seats, including Hougang SMC. You are kidding yourself if you think PAP is content to even let WP hang onto Hougang as a token oppie ward. The PAP wants and will pump in resources to take back even that last final oppie ward.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,829
    My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkieslut View Post
    Can you share more about his poor performance?

    Anyway I already gave up on Sinkie politics long time ago. The kiasu-kiasi, unable to see big-picture, 一盘散沙 mindset is deep in the psyche of Singaporeans (PAP, Elites, Oppositions, Peasants). Must be the peasant stock all three races are descended from.
    Since when has CSM said anything of note in parleement!?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    22,060
    My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    I think the PAP will lose votes in the next GE. I doubt they can improve on 70% .

    Many of the loyal PAP supporters will not be around in the next GE. The newer generation must be worried about jobs in an ever more expensive Spore.

    Sporeans are struggling now & I doubt that things are going to improve in the next 2 to 3 years. Don't know if enough will turn on the PAP to make a difference

    However I think that it will be the start of the end.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,993
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    I think the PAP will lose votes in the next GE. I doubt they can improve on 70% .

    Many of the loyal PAP supporters will not be around in the next GE. The newer generation must be worried about jobs in an ever more expensive Spore.

    Sporeans are struggling now & I doubt that things are going to improve in the next 2 to 3 years. Don't know if enough will turn on the PAP to make a difference

    However I think that it will be the start of the end.
    Vast majority of national elections do not follow popular vote. They have some sort of electoral college system, including Singapore. The government is formed by the party or parties that wins the most number of parliamentary seats, not the most number of votes. Hence, if the oppies win 49% of the popular vote but loses in every single ward, there will not be any oppie representation at all in the government, save for the NCMP seats.

    The PAP cares first about winning all the seats. Increasing their popular vote count is just icing on the cake.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northeastern Singapore
    Posts
    512
    My Reputation Points: 32 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post
    GE2011 was considered the best GE for the oppies because for the first time in a very very long time, all the seats in parliament were contested. And it actually made the PAP scared.

    If the oppies want to try the by-election strategy at GE, I can assure you that it will backfire spectacularly. The PAP will not show the oppies any gratitude for not contesting all the seats. The PAP will simply form the government on nomination day, and then harness all the resources available to it as the new government to help its contesting candidates win.

    Like or hate the PAP, the PAP goes all out to win all seats, including Hougang SMC. You are kidding yourself if you think PAP is content to even let WP hang onto Hougang as a token oppie ward. The PAP wants and will pump in resources to take back even that last final oppie ward.
    I know that PAP want to win all the seats and giving out only 12 NCMP seats. The by-election strategy has it's advantages too as nobody is going to show gratitude to their political opponents. That fine.

    PAP may have do a good job but WP existed for a Singaporean's purpose (not naturalized citizens) and WP had a different agenda from the PAP.

    It's will take a lot to win back Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC. Do PAP willingly to take the risk by putting a current cabinet minister in Hougang SMC ?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    688
    My Reputation Points: 338 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by aurvandil View Post
    High chance that only Hougang will be left standing after GE 2020.

    The PAP can win but what will be the Singapore that they win? It will not be the sparkling Singapore of the LKY years but a Singapore slowly declining into irrelevance. At the current rate of decline, I think many of us here will see the day when the average Singaporean is poorer than the average "ah tiong" living in Shanghai / Beijing.
    yep.. it has already starting to happen.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,993
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad New Brown View Post
    I know that PAP want to win all the seats and giving out only 12 NCMP seats. The by-election strategy has it's advantages too as nobody is going to show gratitude to their political opponents. That fine.

    PAP may have do a good job but WP existed for a Singaporean's purpose (not naturalized citizens) and WP had a different agenda from the PAP.

    It's will take a lot to win back Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC. Do PAP willingly to take the risk by putting a current cabinet minister in Hougang SMC ?
    The PAP doesn't need to risk a current cabinet minister because a few elections have already shown that even an unknown losing PAP candidate can garner more than 40% of the valid votes. That's the magic number to cross in order to show that one has a serious chance of winning.

    Also WP has shown itself to be incapable of winning another SMC or GRC beside Punggol East. It lost everywhere else by large margins.

    PAP will only need to risk a current cabinet minister or some bigshot white horse when the party is in serious trouble of losing further ground, which it is not in the forseeable future. As such, I have no idea why you all insist on sticking with the oppies who have no chance of winning.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,570
    My Reputation Points: 4545 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    dey shud b happy if dey dun lose all ...

    ... juz another 3.5224¢ worth ... (gst 7%, inflation 8% (2008) n tariff 21% (2008), 23.32% (2010), 9.8%(2011) incl.) ...
    fr n original, humble 2¢ ... u now got a whopping 3.5224¢ worth fr me! ...
    tis value is fully guaranteed (wun morning say dun guarantee & @ nite say guarantee) ...
    ...


    world cup 2014 chiobu n colorful fans updated: 2day
    octopus regina makes world cup 2014 predictions updated: 25jun

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,957
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Sadly that has been the case. MPS rushing to lift landing to see hwo they fix lift, MPs searching the neighbourhood to find missing kids, etc. The concept of MPs and parliament has now become alien.

    Quote Originally Posted by nayr69sg View Post
    Resident dun care about what parlameant. They want see MP do thing for them like run go MRT check out white substance. Go shopping centre settle bracelet lost go where. You know? That kind of thing.

    Parlameant too cheem lah. And ohso ar must make sure my flat go en bloc ok? vote PAP can help help right?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,957
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    He was probably the most credentialed candidate over 3 decades. The expectation was very high. His maiden speech in parliament was laden with parables, philosophical tilt and gave the sense of wisdom. To everyone's surprise that was the long and short of it. Every single one of his WP's colleagues in parliament outperformed him in terms of questions raised, demanding accountability from the PAP on various issues and challenging the govt on various forums. Sylvia, Pritam, Gerald, Png, etc have been carrying the can over many issues but this guy seem quiet when he is the only one who has retired from his previous career and should have time to spare.

    Quite a mystery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkieslut View Post
    Can you share more about his poor performance?

    Anyway I already gave up on Sinkie politics long time ago. The kiasu-kiasi, unable to see big-picture, 一盘散沙 mindset is deep in the psyche of Singaporeans (PAP, Elites, Oppositions, Peasants). Must be the peasant stock all three races are descended from.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,957
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    I share your sentiments. GCT's period of opening up the country is well and truly over. He did it to increase his rating with the younger generation who openly disagreed with old man and even asked him to step down.

    The son and his wife after 2011, have moved in reverse. PA is a captive that controls every aspect of municipal politics, grants and has total hold on the pioneer generation. The press now controlled by Janadas has even shut out his sister.

    Now the new generation has also lost its fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by aurvandil View Post
    High chance that only Hougang will be left standing after GE 2020.

    The PAP can win but what will be the Singapore that they win? It will not be the sparkling Singapore of the LKY years but a Singapore slowly declining into irrelevance. At the current rate of decline, I think many of us here will see the day when the average Singaporean is poorer than the average "ah tiong" living in Shanghai / Beijing.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,957
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    The by-election strategy has been countered with NSP aiming to contest seats that have no hope in hell. There has been no walk-overs for the last 2 GE. Look at NSP's role in splitting votes to protect the PAP candidate in Macpherson. Imagine Singaporeans the blur fucks they are cannot even figure out why a group of "businessmen and artists" who work in China turn up dutifully for every elections to contest. Then vanish again. Notice why their new candidates leave the party soon after. And it has been led all these years by someone convicted for corruption while working for the govt, a fact the press did not disclose for decades despite they carrying his conviction in the press when it happenned.

    Their number 2 who killed himself was known to be an informant, and was involved in various political forums invluding think tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad New Brown View Post
    Now still very early to tell what is going to happen in the next 3 years.

    Increasing number of naturalized citizens will put WP in the disadvantage position since retaining Aljunied GRC in 2015 WP has worked very hard in the ground serving its residents.

    If the oppositions can use the by-election strategy then there is good chance that WP win more the current 6 seats.
    Last edited by scroobal; 21-04-2017 at 03:03 AM.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind jw5's anus.
    Posts
    5,899
    My Reputation Points: 529 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Kong Lee and Sun Ho Ching. God help us.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,924
    My Reputation Points: 390 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    They seem well aware of the decline and appear to be resigned that it cannot be stopped. Their focus now appears to be holding on to power and enjoying the benefits of reign for as long as possible. Given the FT-citizen vote bank strategy which worked so well in 2015, they will likely be able to enjoy for at least 20 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Now the new generation has also lost its fire.
    Last edited by aurvandil; 21-04-2017 at 05:29 AM.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sporeta
    Posts
    8,865
    My Reputation Points: 547 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by aurvandil View Post
    They seem well aware of the decline and appear to be resigned that it cannot be stopped. Their focus now appears to be holding on to power and enjoying the benefits of reign for as long as possible. Given the FT-citizen vote bank strategy which worked so well in 2015, they will likely be able to enjoy for at least 20 years.
    Unless the economy implodes spectacularly and there is nothing left in the kitty but your underfunded pensions.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,995
    My Reputation Points: 626 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Looking at the numbers, I don't think TC saga had any impact on wp performance ge15.

    WP was the one on the direct line of fire. Yet they were the least affected when most oppositions suffered greater drop in percentage votes. If TC saga did cause any damage, then wp should had suffered more vote lost than the rest. It a national trend that affect all parties and unfortunately it strong headwind for opposition bearing in mind

    1. Backflow of votes from the elderly voters with all the SG50 goodies.
    2. Sympathy votes from Lky demise.
    3. More new citizens who mostly voted for the incumbent.

    As for CSM performance, that really insignificant as people who bothers to follow the parliament sessions are really the minority of minority. His performance at the tea session and mps will have greater impact.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,957
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Did CSM not lose in his precint?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3_M View Post
    Looking at the numbers, I don't think TC saga had any impact on wp performance ge15.

    WP was the one on the direct line of fire. Yet they were the least affected when most oppositions suffered greater drop in percentage votes. If TC saga did cause any damage, then wp should had suffered more vote lost than the rest. It a national trend that affect all parties and unfortunately it strong headwind for opposition bearing in mind

    1. Backflow of votes from the elderly voters with all the SG50 goodies.
    2. Sympathy votes from Lky demise.
    3. More new citizens who mostly voted for the incumbent.

    As for CSM performance, that really insignificant as people who bothers to follow the parliament sessions are really the minority of minority. His performance at the tea session and mps will have greater impact.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,995
    My Reputation Points: 626 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Delusional blogger says WP will win big in GE 2020! Schizo!

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Did CSM not lose in his precint?
    Firstly when we vote in a GRC, we are voting for the entire team collectively as printed in the voting slip. Thus it erroneous to attribute the score in any particular ward to a particular factor.

    Secondly this was just a rumour reported by ST. . There wasn't any data to prove that it the case.

    Thirdly decline of wp votes in AJ GRC (and csm ward) is part of national swing as I explained in my previous post.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chit Chat The far right will win BIGLY in 2017 too - Austria, Italy, France
    By Thick Face Black Heart in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 03:18 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 02:39 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
  4. Which party will WIN BIG in the coming election?
    By (o)(o) in forum The Political / Serious Zone [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-09-2009, 01:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •