• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious GrabTaxi : Grab's Anthony Tan Is Killing Sgp Taxi Driver Ricebowl with JustGrab Fixed

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: GrabTaxi : Grab's Anthony Tan Is Killing Sgp Taxi Driver Ricebowl with JustGrab F

The pap has sacrificed the taxi companies to Grab and UBER as Tummysick has a stake in them and the taxi companies can be easilly let go as its a dying industry. The issue I am more concerned about is the drivers. Taxi drivers are the last bastion of a singkie only hiring policy. I hope the PAP implements the changes whereby ride sharing requirements are for singkies only. I do not want a foreigner etc to be able to just hope into a car and offer such services. that way the taxi companies go but singkies still have their rice bowls...

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: GrabTaxi : Grab's Anthony Tan Is Killing Sgp Taxi Driver Ricebowl with JustGrab F

The pap has sacrificed the taxi companies to Grab and UBER as Tummysick has a stake in them and the taxi companies can be easilly let go as its a dying industry. The issue I am more concerned about is the drivers. Taxi drivers are the last bastion of a singkie only hiring policy. I hope the PAP implements the changes whereby ride sharing requirements are for singkies only. I do not want a foreigner etc to be able to just hope into a car and offer such services. that way the taxi companies go but singkies still have their rice bowls...

attachment.php

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you cant beat them join them :biggrin:

800x-1.jpg

Grab Anthony Tan

https://www.grab.com/sg/just7/

We’re bringing JUST7 back!

Enjoy $7 off* your second daily ride with us!

We know you loved JUST7 and we’re bringing it back! Just take 1 JustGrab ride each day, and you’ll get $7 off your second JustGrab ride of the day, every day. All you need to do is pay via GrabPay (debit/credit card) and apply the promo code: JUST7

What’s more, fares are always fixed on JustGrab – so head out in comfort and leave the rest to us!

How to redeem:

Download the Grab app from the App Store or Google Play and register an account.
Make sure you have completed at least 1 ride JustGrab within the day.
On the booking screen, select your pick-up and drop-off points.
Choose JustGrab.
Select GrabPay as your payment method.
Enter the promo code JUST7.
Tap ‘Book’ and enjoy $7 off your final fare.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All these promotions etc it should be copped by the company and not the drivers,,,,

If you cant beat them join them :biggrin:

800x-1.jpg

Grab Anthony Tan

We’re bringing JUST7 back!

Enjoy $7 off* your second daily ride with us!

We know you loved JUST7 and we’re bringing it back! Just take 1 JustGrab ride each day, and you’ll get $7 off your second JustGrab ride of the day, every day. All you need to do is pay via GrabPay (debit/credit card) and apply the promo code: JUST7

What’s more, fares are always fixed on JustGrab – so head out in comfort and leave the rest to us!

How to redeem:

Download the Grab app from the App Store or Google Play and register an account.
Make sure you have completed at least 1 ride JustGrab within the day.
On the booking screen, select your pick-up and drop-off points.
Choose JustGrab.
Select GrabPay as your payment method.
Enter the promo code JUST7.
Tap ‘Book’ and enjoy $7 off your final fare.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

All these promotions etc it should be copped by the company and not the drivers,,,,

When tan started 5 years ago he burned millions daily to attract new users cabbies and passengers and grab car drivers.

Today it is the reverse. He collect million daily from cabbies and grabcar drivers as a Matching Agent without owning a single taxi and or grabcar.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taxi driver cannot become grab driver meh???
The coffin nail is for Comfort.

How true. All cabbies should return theirs taxi 130 per day and drive grab car 60 a day.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

competition and price wars are great for sinkies. how to kpkb about that?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

arrived at the new bart station at warm springs from sfo, and not a taxi in sight. instead i booked a ride from lyft, and very soon within 5 minutes eduardo showed up in a camry, picked me up and placed luggage in trunk. within 22 minutes i arrived at destination. fare only $16.44, and receipt sent to my email. calling a cab, waiting for it, and riding one will cost me 69 minutes and $69. like to see metered taxis put out of their misery.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

arrived at the new bart station at warm springs from sfo, and not a taxi in sight. instead i booked a ride from lyft, and very soon within 5 minutes eduardo showed up in a camry, picked me up and placed luggage in trunk. within 22 minutes i arrived at destination. fare only $16.44, and receipt sent to my email. calling a cab, waiting for it, and riding one will cost me 69 minutes and $69. like to see metered taxis put out of their misery.

This , you have to ask Kua Hong Pak before 30 April 2017

Thereafter you have to ask Yang Ban Seng :

5197408_-_27_11_2006_-.jpg

Mr Kua Hong Pak will be stepping down as chief executive of ComfortDelGro on April 30. PHOTO: COMFORT DELGRO

km-sg-Yang-Ban-Seng.jpg

Yang Ban Seng

FEB 10, 2017, 8:57 PM SGT

Christopher TanSenior Transport Correspondent

SINGAPORE - ComfortDelGro Corp chief executive Kua Hong Pak will be stepping down on April 30 after 14 years at the helm of the transport giant.

Mr Kua, 73, will be succeeded by Mr Yang Ban Seng, 60, who has been leading the group's taxi business since 2003.

Mr Kua, who has steered ComfortDelGro to grow its footprint across seven countries, double its revenue and nearly treble its profit during his tenure, will remain as senior advisor.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This , you have to ask Kua Hong Pak before 30 April 2017

Thereafter you have to ask Yang Ban Seng :

Mr Kua Hong Pak will be stepping down as chief executive of ComfortDelGro on April 30. PHOTO: COMFORT DELGRO

FEB 10, 2017, 8:57 PM SGT

Christopher TanSenior Transport Correspondent

SINGAPORE - ComfortDelGro Corp chief executive Kua Hong Pak will be stepping down on April 30 after 14 years at the helm of the transport giant.

Mr Kua, 73, will be succeeded by Mr Yang Ban Seng, 60, who has been leading the group's taxi business since 2003.

Mr Kua, who has steered ComfortDelGro to grow its footprint across seven countries, double its revenue and nearly treble its profit during his tenure, will remain as senior advisor.

sg taxi service will still be viable as fleets are huge, drivers aplenty, and cabs plying the roads. in u.s. suburbs, they don't go around neighborhoods looking for passengers but stay parked in a taxi lot waiting for calls. moreover, rental is expensive, drivers require permits, taxi license and insurance, and proceeds from fares don't cover cost majority of time. they are disappearing as drivers migrate to ride sharing apps and operate as individual and independent "business" men and women, filing 1099 for tax deductions on everything from car loans, gas, food to running errands such as picking up their kids from school. at the end of the tax year (today is tax return day), they hardly pay any tax at all. it's basically income without tax.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

sg taxi service will still be viable as fleets are huge, drivers aplenty, and cabs plying the roads. in u.s. suburbs, they don't go around neighborhoods looking for passengers but stay parked in a taxi lot waiting for calls. moreover, rental is expensive, drivers require permits, taxi license and insurance, and proceeds from fares don't cover cost majority of time. they are disappearing as drivers migrate to ride sharing apps and operate as individual and independent "business" men and women, filing 1099 for tax deductions on everything from car loans, gas, food to running errands such as picking up their kids from school. at the end of the tax year (today is tax return day), they hardly pay any tax at all. it's basically income without tax.

5197408_-_27_11_2006_-.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pap can finally tax Drivers accordingly as grab and uber earnings are all documented

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

When tan started 5 years ago he burned millions daily to attract new users cabbies and passengers and grab car drivers.

Today it is the reverse. He collect million daily from cabbies and grabcar drivers as a Matching Agent without owning a single taxi and or grabcar.

Are you sure grab is collecting millions from cabbies and drivers and not draining taxpayers money from temasek?

Uber lost US$991m in last quarter of 2016? you think grab is doing a lot better?

Aswath Damodaran, infamous valuation guru and finance professor at New York University - who nailed Theranos by warning in 2015 of numerous red flags about the unicorn... "Uber is a one-of-a-kind company, in good ways and bad ways. It’s going to be a case study... This is a cash-burning machine."

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Used to be Singaporean Only. Now PRs are allowed case by case. But most go for Grab Cars and Uber Car. More private and can pump petrol in JB at 1/3 of pump sgp price .

Grab now trying to cover their Exploit on taxi drivers . From 1 May 2017 more Wayang from Grab.

With new app, taxi driver now earns up to $1,500 each week - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...now-earns-1500-each-week#sthash.Hw4dbtZD.dpuf

20170428-st-grab.jpg

JustGrab has received more than 5 million bookings since the app was launched.

He used to ply the roads for passengers, receiving only about 10 bookings on GrabTaxi per day. Now, about a month after Grab launched JustGrab, Transcab taxi driver Kenn Lim is seeing a steady stream of bookings on the app, receiving more than 15 bookings per day on average.

ustGrab, which launched on March 29, combines about 50,000 fixed-fare taxis and private-hire cars on the same platform, hitting about 40 per cent of the taxi fleet here with a dynamic pricing option.

Dynamic pricing, or surge pricing, which adjusts fares based on demand, is used by ride-hailing apps Grab and Uber.

Mr Lim, 45, used to earn an average of about $4,000 to $5,000 a month after rental and petrol costs, including Grab incentives.

Now, he earns about $1,200 to $1,500 per week on average after deducting petrol and rental costs, roughly a 20 per cent hike.

His earnings include incentives averaging about $300, which he gets if he hits 50 bookings in a week.

The sole breadwinner, who has three school-going children, said: "The good thing about JustGrab is getting a constant flow of passengers. I don't have to drive around looking for passengers. I'm not choosy about my passengers. As long as I get rides, I'm earning money."

Grab takes a 10 per cent commission for every JustGrab fixed-fare ride made by taxi-driver partners and 20 per cent for those made by GrabCar drivers.

Next week, from May 1-7, those who complete 40 JustGrab trips will earn $100 in incentives. If they earn less than $540, Grab will top up the difference. A media release yesterday said JustGrab has received more than 5 million bookings since the app was launched.

It said waiting times have gone down from five minutes to about 3.7 minutes. Grab also said taxi driver-partners on JustGrab are earning an average of $100 more per week pre-incentive and $220 more post-incentive.

The company declined to share the average earnings and number of bookings received by taxi-driver partners, before and after JustGrab's launch. Mr Melvin Vu, head of GrabTaxi Singapore, said: "Our data reveals that productive taxi driver-partners who maintain a high acceptance rate earn 2.2 times more per hour than those with a lower acceptance rate, since the launch of JustGrab.

"We encourage all driver-partners to try the new service and reap the rewards of JustGrab." National University of Singapore transport researcher Lee Der-Horng said he still has reservations about dynamic pricing for taxis. He said he has encountered taxi drivers who still avoid dynamic pricing and prefer to stick to the meter rates.

Dr Lee said: "The dynamic pricing claims to focus on demand and supply. But, it can change rapidly, so how do these companies calculate the demand and supply and the resulting fares? "We should enable greater transparency of the demand and supply for taxis, so consumers, as well as taxi drivers, can make better choices." -

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr Lee is 100% correct . Grab manuplate the Fixed Price Fare to exploit Taxi Drivers !!!

Dr was polite Not to expose Grab Anthony Tan !!!

National University of Singapore transport researcher Lee Der-Horng said he still has reservations about dynamic pricing for taxis. He said he has encountered taxi drivers who still avoid dynamic pricing and prefer to stick to the meter rates.

Dr Lee said: "The dynamic pricing claims to focus on demand and supply. But, it can change rapidly, so how do these companies calculate the demand and supply and the resulting fares? "We should enable greater transparency of the demand and supply for taxis, so consumers, as well as taxi drivers, can make better choices." -