• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This is the last fucking straw! PRC shits jacking up prices for my Durians. Its war!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Demand for Malaysian durians in China may mean fewer, costlier fruit for Singapore[/h]
SINGAPORE: Durian lovers here may have to fork out more to get their hands on the king of fruit, with Singapore sellers reporting that Malaysian farmers are exporting more of their harvest to China and Chinese tourists buying the fruit at the Malaysians farms they visit.
As competition for durians increases, prices have risen steadily, said Ms Lilian Teo, 60, who has been selling durians for five years. She runs a shop with her father at the junction of Albert Street and Short Street near Little India.
“They (the suppliers) are exporting to China, so we get less supply and it’s more expensive,” she said.
For example, the Musang King, or Mao Shan Wang durian, was selling for S$8 per kg five years ago. Last year, that almost doubled to S$15 per kg, she said. Currently, fruit shops here are selling their supplies from Pahang at about S$28 per kg at the tail end of the current season. The Musang King durians are the most popular, given their creamy texture and small seeds, sellers said.
Mr Shui Poh Sing, 58, owner of Ah Seng Durian in Ghim Moh, said that while durians are not new to Chinese nationals, they were previously getting supplies from Thailand. More recently, they have been visiting durian farms in Malaysia, and getting their durians air-flown from there in vacuumed packaging, he said.
“They (the Chinese) are willing to pay higher for the durians up to double the amount that Singaporeans are typically willing to pay," he said.
SUPPLY CRUNCH
Singapore's share of the Malaysian durian market may be shrinking, with Malaysian suppliers selling more of the fruit to China. Combat Durian’s Linda Ang said that her regular suppliers have told her about the shift in markets, which has affected her directly.
“There were times I ordered and they could only give me a limited amount, less than my order quantity,” she said. The higher prices have hurt her business too, with a 20 per cent fall in demand at her Balestier Road stall.
Other factors will also contribute to a smaller local supply this year. The crop is unlikely to be big which will keep prices high, said Mr Shui. This is because harvest cycles in durian plantations in states like Johor Bahru, Penang and Malacca have changed.
“When we have durians from different plantations at the same time, the prices can go down to as low as about S$12 per kg, but I don’t think that will be happening this year,” he said. The peak durian season is typically from May to August, but it is “chaotic” this year, he added. Durians from Johor Bahru were available from February, which is uncommon. He said the change was brought about by changing weather patterns.
durian-data.png

[h=3]Mao Shan Wang durians. (Photo: Monica Kotwani)[/h]​
DURIAN FANS FROM CHINA HEAD TO MALAYSIA FARMS
Director of Malaysia’s Desaru Fruit Farm Alice Tong said that when she started off in 2006, she would see “hundreds” of Chinese tourists per week. Now, she sees thousands of them. And they are more willing to pay top dollar for the fruit.
“For every RM100 (S$32) that a Singaporean pays, the Chinese tourists pay RM200 or RM300.” They also buy in bulk, she said.
Business from these tourists made up just 10 per cent of the farm's sales three years ago, but now, this number has gone up to 35 per cent, said Mr Steve Er, who is also a director at the farm. "They really spend when they like and trust your products. Our fruit farm practises organic farming and they like it very much," he said.
Singaporean durian fan Seettha Wasudevan, 27, has noticed that the Mao Shan Wang durians that she loves have become increasingly expensive. She also finds that the durians are smaller.
But that has not stopped her and friends, who have been holding “durian parties” during the peak season for the past five years. They even have a regular vendor who brings over durians to any venue, and opens them on the spot, as long as they order a minimum of five. This is not a problem, as each of the group of 10 can eat one and a half durians.
She said: “We are all durian lovers. We won’t skip a year just because the harvest is bad, or because the price is high. We will still eat them.”

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: This is the last fucking straw! PRC shits jacking up prices for my Durians. Its w

It's a sugar laden fruit ... Best to avoid... Plus all the chemicals thrown in to breed this stuff... you should be glad it's expensive

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: This is the last fucking straw! PRC shits jacking up prices for my Durians. Its w

Cina spoil mkt

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

prc is slowly n softly killing sg ... :eek:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cina spoil mkt

isn't tis what angmo capitalism all about ?
a stupid system that is praised and worshiped in all countries.

a system that's inherently flawed because of the insatiable greed
of human beings.

about 5 years ago you can get a Bodhi seed rosary in Nepal for about sillypoore $20
then the chinks began to arrived for pilgrimage and sight seeing , and started to
buy up the rosary.
eventually some chinks with very deep pocket bought the whole plantation ,
and now the same rosary wuld cost u $250.
some good ones go for as much as $1000.
tis is angmo capitalism.

intel was founded in 1968 , AMD in 1969 ,
the founders of these 2 companies were previously working for Fairchild.
Intel was able to capture 90% of the market share using dirty tactics
to sabotage amd effort to gain market share.
Having lots of spare cash helped too.
whoever AMD talked to , [dell , ibm , HP , toshiba , fujitsu]
all agreements were subverted by intel through the use of
coersion and threat and , of course , $$$ to renege on their promise with amd.
tis is what angom capitalism is about.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's time for Singapore to bring back farming.

Earthrise - Japan's Future Farms
[video=youtube;RQwSZa-1hQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQwSZa-1hQ8[/video]

The Farmdominium™ Concept
[video=youtube;UMTKuVoGmy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMTKuVoGmy4[/video]

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

You eat their pussy, they eat your durians, fair trade I say! :cool:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't worry...Ah tiong land will copy the durian and grow in ah tiong land and when their production goes full stream...Price will drop

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Supply and demand estupido.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

isn't tis what angmo capitalism all about ?
a stupid system that is praised and worshiped in all countries.

a system that's inherently flawed because of the insatiable greed
of human beings.

about 5 years ago you can get a Bodhi seed rosary in Nepal for about sillypoore $20
then the chinks began to arrived for pilgrimage and sight seeing , and started to
buy up the rosary.
eventually some chinks with very deep pocket bought the whole plantation ,
and now the same rosary wuld cost u $250.
some good ones go for as much as $1000.
tis is angmo capitalism.

intel was founded in 1968 , AMD in 1969 ,
the founders of these 2 companies were previously working for Fairchild.
Intel was able to capture 90% of the market share using dirty tactics
to sabotage amd effort to gain market share.
Having lots of spare cash helped too.
whoever AMD talked to , [dell , ibm , HP , toshiba , fujitsu]
all agreements were subverted by intel through the use of
coersion and threat and , of course , $$$ to renege on their promise with amd.
tis is what angom capitalism is about.

There's not enough resources in the world for everyone.so the richest should get first dibs.just like coe system it's only fair.be glad there is China to produce fake goods so at least the poor can enjoy the fake version.

Don't cry because u use to be kings of capitalism.now PRCs are the kings of capital.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Their pussies are hairy as the thorny durians...YULK! I never liked the smell of durian nor the smell of an unwashed CB!...

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

ts, nevmind rah, no msw liulian you go buy msw liulian ice cream. fyi, only ntuc carry hokay.. antiyousi has exclusive on this msw liulian ice cream. not cheap hotels, 6 penis costs almost $13! :biggrin:

Kings-Potong-Gold_Mao-Shan-Wang-Durian_Multipack.png

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

supply and demand. Simple to understand.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am not as daring as you. I rather dip my tongue in battery acid then eat their hairy smelly cheebye. Don't know what kind of disease u can get.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Supply and demand estupido.

Simi Lancheow supply and demand
People of south east asia have been eating lulian for their whole lives, grew up with it, and will eat it till we die. PRC mainland shits never even seen, or smell or taste a durian until 10 years ago. U go to china and tell me how many places can you find durian? This fucking durian demand from them is just a fad. Just like those PRC bitches never heard of Coach handbags 10 years ago, now all of them want one. They should all eat shit instead of durians. Such a great fruit is wasted on assholes like them who don't appreciate it. Do you feed caviar to a mongrel dog? Then why would you feed durian to PRC chinks.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

People of south east asia have been eating lulian for their whole lives, grew up with it, and will eat it till we die. PRC mainland shits never even seen, or smell or taste a durian until 10 years ago. U go to china and tell me how many places can you find durian? This fucking durian demand from them is just a fad. Just like those PRC bitches never heard of Coach handbags 10 years ago, now all of them want one. They should all eat shit instead of durians. Such a great fruit is wasted on assholes like them who don't appreciate it. Do you feed caviar to a mongrel dog? Then why would you feed durian to PRC chinks.

LOL! You are hilarious papsmearer!
You remind me of Deadpool. You probably look like him too! Haha!

Last edited:

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha... :biggrin:
So Farny...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

haha... :biggrin:
So Farny...

Whattya mean I'm funny? Whattya mean? They way I talk? What? Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it? You mean, let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little fucked up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny? No, no I don't know. You said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. (yelling now) How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

tiongs follow hip trends like lemmings leaping off cliffs. they were never (grape) wine drinkers and now they even send hordes of students to france to study wine making and wine tasting. anything originated in tiongland is useless and shitty, thus they have to follow others outside china to stay relevant.

http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Scienc...nts-imbibe-secrets-of-Burgundy-winemaking.htm

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whattya mean I'm funny? Whattya mean? They way I talk? What? Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it? You mean, let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little fucked up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny? No, no I don't know. You said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. (yelling now) How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny?

yes you do. Knn..Make my day! Must stay away from this forum..Always laughing to myself when I read.. cheebae :biggrin: