• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Selling Rat soup in Hawker centre

wooozzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selling Rat soup will help to control the rat population.

Recipes of the World - Guangzhou, China: Giant Rat Soup (Good Cure for SARS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week's recipe:

Giant Rat Soup (Good Cure for SARS) by Chef Lo Ping Wang

Ingredients:
Must have giant river front rat. Very important. Little rat not do. Make sure you get a live one or crafty vendor will try to sell you small dog if you not careful. I always kill my own. Even have special hammer handed down from revered ancestors. Skin rat and cut off tail. Save tail. I know it seems wasteful but you must take out innards and throw away over left shoulder. Very lucky. You will need about 10 qian salt, 5 qian black pepper, a lock of hair of the sick person, cut fine, Lotus root, Bok Choy, Daikon, and 3 or 4 of the American made Smith Brothers' Cough Drops if you can get them (cherry flavor is best).

Preparation:
You will need at least 20 sheng of water to cook this so make sure it does not stink already. Put rat carcass in pot. Cut up rat tail into small pieces and add to pot. Bring to boil adding spices and let cook for 2 hours. Go and do laundry or till field. Next add vegetables and let cook for another 30 minutes. Serve to patient every time he throw up.

Attachments

• chef_loping[1].jpg
    chef_loping[1].jpg
    17 KB · Views: 178