• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Which country citizens so fortunate working​ as flight steward can buy bungalow?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia. Buy in Penang no less.

Buyers drawn to homes in the south
17 Apr 2017 12:00 AM

Home hunters listening to a sale executive explain the features of the Sonia singlestorey project by Hunza Properties.
THE popularity of properties located in the southern part of Penang island has surged, boosted by demand from young adults and home hunters looking for a place located close to their workplaces.

Marie Ong, 27, who works as an engineer at the Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Trade Zone, said commuting would be easier as it would reduce the travelling time and the time wasted in traffic jams, especially during the weekday peak hours.

Ong, who had been surveying properties around the area for months, had her eyes set on the Senzo Residence project by Corfield Development Sdn Bhd in Sungai Ara.

Advertisement

“I have put in serious consideration to the location as I am planning to stay there after marriage. This is one of the more attractive areas and it is still developing, which would draw in more facilities and amenities in the near future,” she said.

Auditor Cindy Wong, 27, said properties located near to the southern side of the island held high potential for investment returns as the area was developing.

“There is also the proposed Penang Transport Master Plan which would provide easy access to George Town if it materialises,” she said.

Flight steward N. Ariventhan, 43, is similarly looking for an “upgrade” in areas such as Sungai Ara from his current residence in Balik Pulau.

The appeal, he said, lay in the location where modern facilities are available a stone’s throw away as well as the greenery aspect which offers the best of both worlds for his ideal home.

I am looking for a bungalow as I want a place where I can have plants in the garden, as well as privacy.

“Sungai Ara is among the places in my checklist as there are still landed properties there with green landscape,” he added.

Among the hot-selling projects was Novus by Prisma Bumiraya Sdn Bhd, strategically nestled in Sungai Nibong, with Queensbay Mall located a five-minute drive away.

The four-day StarProperty.my Fair at Queensbay Mall which ended yesterday was organised by Star Media Group Berhad. It featured 20 exhibitors in the mall’s central and south atriums, and the lower ground floor.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Conversely, I know a senior SIA line pilot that is living in a HDB flat. Imagine such a high paying 6 figure salary job and he has to live in a govt build, subsidized public housing that he is renting from HDB for 99 years. Zikaporeans are really pathetic.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which country citizens so fortunate work as public or civil service can buy 2 condos you tell me? :confused:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's affordable bungalow.

BTW, these are Zero-lot-line bungalow.

Last edited:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Conversely, I know a senior SIA line pilot that is living in a HDB flat. Imagine such a high paying 6 figure salary job and he has to live in a govt build, subsidized public housing that he is renting from HDB for 99 years. Zikaporeans are really pathetic.

Not surprising, I know one that drives a old car and keeps a low key in many aspects. These types probably keeps more in their banks than to splurge or invest in properties in Sinkielands. Everything is over price in this pit hole.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sure or not? Those O-level educated SIA pilots i know at work were living in district 10 bungalow or high end condo leh. Oh all drive Porsche too but old ones lah.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which country citizens so fortunate work as public or civil service can buy 2 condos you tell me? :confused:

You saying me? I only worked short stint in public service before lah. Actually last time condos very cheap what, many below or around half a million. When i was buying my second condo i went to look at HDB too and they were selling like 350k or 380k in outskirts while the condo in similar areas were selling around half a million only. Plus resale HDB need renovation while buying brand new condo you get to enjoy luxurious renovated apartment at zero renovation cost. No prize for guessing which was a better deal then.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's affordable bungalow.

BTW, these are Zero-lot-line bungalow.

Which country so good got developer offer affordable bungalow for flight steward citizens? I will be very thankful if Spore got affordable one room flat for me. Not those 600k or 700k type.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprising, I know one that drives a old car and keeps a low key in many aspects. These types probably keeps more in their banks than to splurge or invest in properties in Sinkielands. Everything is over price in this pit hole.

Yeah pilot pay and allowances so high this type living Warren buffet style must be rich in cash or other investments.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

the one I know has some properties in Australia, but still staying in 20+ year old HDB block. I visit him, also depressing. 2 kids sharing one room, elder parents living with him. No one has their own room at his flat.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sure or not? Those O-level educated SIA pilots i know at work were living in district 10 bungalow or high end condo leh. Oh all drive Porsche too but old ones lah.

Those bought years ago when the market was still affordable vis a vis their salary. Are they single?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You saying me? I only worked short stint in public service before lah. Actually last time condos very cheap what, many below or around half a million. When i was buying my second condo i went to look at HDB too and they were selling like 350k or 380k in outskirts while the condo in similar areas were selling around half a million only. Plus resale HDB need renovation while buying brand new condo you get to enjoy luxurious renovated apartment at zero renovation cost. No prize for guessing which was a better deal then.

Freehold vs 99 year prepaid rental lease is a no brainer.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i lagi cham. share a room in a hdb flat, and the mattress is not even mine. can smell someone's sweat on it. consider yourself lucky.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those bought years ago when the market was still affordable vis a vis their salary. Are they single?

Yes they bought years ago as they were old SIA pilots that have retired or retiring at that time. No not single and even got kids sent overseas to study.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freehold vs 99 year prepaid rental lease is a no brainer.

No lah only 99 year leased old ones were around half a million for brand new condo and in outskirts only. And that was in early 2000s after the big crash. In fact, after i bought the price dropped some more due to SARS in 2003. Funny how last time nobody wanted to buy condo and yet now people so jealous to malign me just for owning condo. Btw i already sold it at good profit a few years ago. So proud to make money with no HDB and no one's help, not like many sinkie and mudlander hypocrites here hahahah.