• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Retail Collapsed Again! Sinkies No $$$ for F&B too!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore retail sales swing into the red, down 2.5% in February

Blame the not-so-impressive F&B turnout.

Singapore retail sales surprisingly recorded a slump in February after months of consistently reporting gains.

According to the latest figures from the Department of Statistics, overall retail sales dropped 2.5% in February as food & beverage clocked in with a dismal 17.4% retail sales decline.

The strong motor vehicle sales, which have always saved the headline figure in times of downturn, failed to do so in February even with the robust 9.4% sales growth.

And whilst most of the segments reported growth, bigger declines were seen in department stores, supermarkets, mini-marts & convenience stores, wearing apparel, and computer equipment, which saw sales dwindle by 15%, 15.4%, 8.9%, 12.5%, and 5.7%, respectively.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
the strategy if manufacturers and retailers now is "volume" sales. go for volume to preserve market share...:biggrin:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was really disappointed during my recent trip to bedok point. what used to be 30+ restaurants and cafes, now only left with 10+.

One third of the shops were empty without furnishings and looking for new tenants.

capitaland really shitting in their pants with this mall.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Din Tai Fung still crowded as usual. Retail gone fuck but restaurants still doing well. I think Decathlon is also doing brisk business.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
the problem I have with all these foreigners staffing these joints is PASSION. not your own biz where got passion to ensure best food is made...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Din Tai Fung still crowded as usual. Retail gone fuck but restaurants still doing well. I think Decathlon is also doing brisk business.

long lines at sg restaurants. huat ah!

IMG_4363.JPG