• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Can My 15-yr-old SIM Card Be Cut To Micro-SIM Size ?

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
so finally my old hp conked off................and new hp is using Micro-SIM card............so can my 15-yr-old SIM card be cut to Micro-SIM size ?:confused:

M1 say they no longer cut SIM cards for customers and told me to go to neighbourhood shops............then M1 say i'll have to pay $37 for a new SIM card:mad:

went to one but the guy say some of the gold-plated part will be cut and the card might not work after that............:eek:

so what am i gonna do ?:(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also faced the same problem. M1 wanted to charge me $ to change my SIM when I switched to an iPhone. Fortunately I was out of contract & told them to just close my M1 account.

After I told them that, they changed their tune & told me they would issue a new SIM for FREE as a service :biggrin:

This is why I prefer not to sign any contract.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please la it can not only be cut into micro, nano size can be done. You can diy by buying the cutter but if you're too cheap skate to buy you can try cutting using a pair of scissors just don't cock up

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if your simcard is 2G and you put in smart phone..it might not work properly as well.

If 2G sim card, no need to cut, also cannot use liao.. put in dumb phone also cant use liao.. there is no more 2G network in SG... get it replaced...

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please la it can not only be cut into micro, nano size can be done. You can diy by buying the cutter but if you're too cheap skate to buy you can try cutting using a pair of scissors just don't cock up

scared mah..........the shop guy told me the outer gold colour parts will be trimmed off.............and say got chance won't work............

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much does a new sim card cost if you go telco to exchange? $5?

if it is negligible like $5 to $10, what is the fuss all about?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in Europe less than $10 since they charge 5 Euros.................

here.................those MudderFarkers charge you $37...............

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are under contract with M1 they will charge you $30+ to change the SIM card.
That's why I prefer not to be tied down by a contract in Spore.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scared mah..........the shop guy told me the outer gold colour parts will be trimmed off.............and say got chance won't work............

use the sim cutter la. I cut before into micro but not nano but then again looking at the nano sim the chip on it is the same size as the micro sim.

Then again when ppl ask these types of questions they are not willing to spend even the smallest sum of money to even buy the nano/micro sim cutters cos well maybe say 5-10 bucks which to be honest is around the price of getting a new sim card. :rolleyes:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
use the sim cutter la. I cut before into micro but not nano but then again looking at the nano sim the chip on it is the same size as the micro sim.

Then again when ppl ask these types of questions they are not willing to spend even the smallest sum of money to even buy the nano/micro sim cutters cos well maybe say 5-10 bucks which to be honest is around the price of getting a new sim card. :rolleyes:

i've seen the cutters going for $3-4...........those shops will cut for you for $2..........SIM card well over $30 from telecom...........