• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Kong Hee says sorry to church: "I really, really, really wish that I was and am a bet

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a rousing cheer as City Harvest Church (CHC) founder Kong Hee walked onstage yesterday at the packed Suntec convention centre auditorium.

But as he addressed the congregation that had gathered for the 5pm service, the crowd numbering in the thousands grew quiet.

"I'm so sorry for all the hurt, all the disappointment and all the painful ordeals you've been through," he said in a shaky voice.

"I really, really, really wish that I was and am a better, wiser leader. Pastor is deeply sorry and sincerely asks for your forgiveness. Please forgive me," he added.

He also thanked them for being members of the church at the first service held a day after the High Court reduced the sentences of all six church leaders, including Kong, in the biggest case of misuse of charity funds in Singapore history.

Executive pastor and president of the CHC management board Aries Zulkarnain later took to the stage to lead the church in prayer, together with Kong and his wife Ho Yeow Sun.

Nearing the end of the two-hour service, Kong returned onstage, saying he had learnt "many lessons through this entire ordeal".

In the midst of the church's quick growth, he admitted, he had not "slowed down, paused and prayed more" and made "unwise decisions" in the process.

In November 2015, Kong and five CHC leaders were handed jail terms ranging from 21 months to eight years. The prosecution and all six later launched appeals.

Following the High Court's decision, a spokesman for the Office of the Commissioner of Charities (COC) told The Sunday Times it will resume removal proceedings to protect the assets of the charity.

COC had previously said seven individuals involved will be banned from being a governing board member, key officer, trustee, agent or employee of CHC. Kong can continue with his religious duty as a pastor.

Many in the congregation declined to speak to The Sunday Times.

Yesterday, Kong promised the congregation that "whatever happened in the past will never repeat itself in the future".

"We must never let it happen again," he said. "It was a steep learning curve for all of us."

http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-s...ter-court-ruling-please-forgive-me#xtor=CS1-2

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kong Hee says sorry to church: "I really, really, really wish that I was and am a

Pastor, I am also very very sorry that AGC have decided to

let you enjoy a longer stay at Changi Intl Hotel

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Kong Hee says sorry to church: "I really, really, really wish that I was and am a

he can repent in changi Hilton n probably preach to those banging his cute fat ass.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Throught this episode, he did not express an iota of remorse. Now that the Govt has stepped in, this guy now realises that he better build up his mitigation.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Throught this episode, he did not express an iota of remorse. Now that the Govt has stepped in, this guy now realises that he better build up his mitigation.

for the record apologies by KH only. Why Team members the other 5 or 6 no apologies ?

why the wife Sun Ho no apologies ?

Ven Ming Yi the best - donate 1 kidney after serving time !!!

MINGYI.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for the record apologies by KH only. Why Team members the other 5 or 6 no apologies ?

Ah!, they are playing the game of , not "police & thief", but " adam & eve"....It was Eve that told Adam about the fruit...BUT IT WAS ADAM, WHO BIT THE FRUIT FIRST...so, eve ( sun ho ho ho) who took the second bite, gets almost scot free...so clever, these pastors.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Congregation are his followers, they see he has done no wrong. How can he feel remorse if all his followers still back him!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

MINGYI.jpg

Ven ming yi already saw it coming.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;zUJqYx4Z9js]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUJqYx4Z9js[/video]

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bet ah neh Sham w2ilk get brain washed and cobvert to Christian then resign.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Neither has the government shown a iota of remorse in the ill treatment of sinkies.why be remorseful when 69.6 derive pleasure from pain?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... "I'm so sorry for all the hurt, all the disappointment and all the painful ordeals you've been through," ...

"I really, really, really wish that I was and am a better, wiser leader. Pastor is deeply sorry and sincerely asks for your forgiveness. Please forgive me," ...

... he had learnt "many lessons through this entire ordeal".

... he had not "slowed down, paused and prayed more" and made "unwise decisions" in the process ...

... "whatever happened in the past will never repeat itself in the future".

"We must never let it happen again," he said. "It was a steep learning curve for all of us." ...
juz read wat he said ...

no remorse 4 wat he'd done ...

in fact, he's saying dat he had learnt from tis ordeal n wud make sure he'd b smarter not 2 get cot nax time ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

By the time he comes out of jail, most of his flock would have migrated to different churches already. We are already moving in to persuade CHC members to abandon this sinking ship.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not against the person, but as a Pastor, he should know better. God's work must be done in God's way. I mean if Jesus is alive today, and indeed He is, would he be pleased to know that the money that was given by the members for the extension of His Kingdom is misappropriated and channelled to a sham's fund to promote the music career of Sun Ho in the US under the guise of spreading the gospel to the secular world. I am trying to understand how , say , for example the song " China Wine' is in any way related to the Gospel and how the gospel is spread to the world through the song.

Last edited:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will Con Hee be granted bail again to roam oversea?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is sorry he got caught...