• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What is good to invest now?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if like what you said, which means i should just die and leave this world soon.
then 解脱

so i no need to see so many doctors, to take medicine and to dialysis just to prolong my life.
just let myself no do all these and die is better way?

Just curious have u tried changing ur diet?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is easy, I Everyday just think of what I am going to suffer now.
Now I already half die. U dun understand.
I dunno how I able to cope with my future life.

My Friend same disease as me, now doing dialysis.
She is in icu now. Last 2 weeks just discharge from icu
Now admitted again. Not sure whether she can make it not.

I worried one day I will be like her. So sad.
I hope before I die then I no so pain.
Die nvm, dun Wan to suffer pain before I die can Liao

1) What are the things you would like to do before you die?
2) Why haven't do it?
3) When are you going to do it?

There was an article awhile back which i find very sad. It was about this 18yo girl who had a terminal disease, doctor gave a very bad prognosis, literally 2-3 years to live and the doctor was spot-on and frank. The article was about this girl passing her A levels despite the odds. Soon after she got back her results, she passed on. Literally, the thing she wanted to do most was take and pass her A levels. That is so, so sad. Prolong your life if possible, but remember, there is a difference between existing and living.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have SIN$200k worth of Malaysian dividend paying shares you can get from SIN$50k to SIN$60k of dividends per year.

huh.......M'sian stocks give close to 10% dividends ah....................consistently ?..............what about the share price ?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Many things I no eat .
Now kidney function very bad, so most time I also no appetite to eat
Eat very simple foods.

make sure u cut out sugar completely and reduce carbohydrates to a minimum,they are what ur body converts to sugar,since ur unable to produce any insulin to convert the sugar into fat storage,the sugar stays in ur blood stream and becomes a poison.sugar has the same chemistry and chemical structure as alcohol which is a poison to ur brain and vital organs that is processed by ur liver.sugar also known as gluclose,fructose,sucrose can only be processed by ur kidneys and livers,they are essentially poisons.

no sugar means no candy,chocolate,cake,ice cream and sweet drinks,drinks can contain alot of sugar and can be easy to consume,a bottle of coke contains about 52g of sugar or 10 teaspoons or twice the daily limit amount of sugar 25g for normal adults,for diabetics should avoid sugar completely.most of the processed food in supermarket contains sugar or added sugar,snacks,biscuits,check nutrition labels for sugar.no coffee or milk either as people tend to add sugar in it or theres already sugar in it.

reduce or cut down on carbohydrates,which means no starchy foods,like noodles,or bread or potatoes.replace white rice with brown rice or bismati rice and limit consumption.these are converted straight into sugar by ur body and causes spikes in blood sugar and insulin production which is a strain on ur kidneys.

i once saw a youtube video of a woman with type 2 diabetes complaining the medicine the doctors were giving her were not working and causing her severe side effects,the doctors had no interest in nutrition or solving her problems organically and just prescribing more drugs,she finally decided to stop taking the drugs and went on a sugar free diet instead,in a matter of months she regained her kidney function and health,the doctors were amazed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huh.......M'sian stocks give close to 10% dividends ah....................consistently ?..............what about the share price ?

Not all companies give dividends lah. That is why you have to chose carefully. The current list I've found of companies providing decent dividends is http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Report-Analysis/Top-KLSE-Dividend-Stock.aspx

I own some of these shares & can confirm that they do provide decent dividens. However in my case I accumulated these shares over a number of years when prices of the shares was lower & took up the warrant options when the companies offered them.

I own about SIN$250k of Malaysian dividend paying shares i.e. RM$750k. You can expect SIN$50k to SIN$70k+. Depends on how profitable the companies are & what the exchange rate is. The Malaysian companies I own usually provide dividends twice per year.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not all companies give dividends lah. That is why you have to chose carefully. The current list I've found of companies providing decent dividends is http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Report-Analysis/Top-KLSE-Dividend-Stock.aspx

I own some of these shares & can confirm that they do provide decent dividens. However in my case I accumulated these shares over a number of years when prices of the shares was lower & took up the warrant options when the companies offered them.

I own about SIN$250k of Malaysian dividend paying shares i.e. RM$750k. You can expect SIN$50k to SIN$70k+. Depends on how profitable the companies are & what the exchange rate is. The Malaysian companies I own usually provide dividends twice per year.

250k generate 50k to 70k a year??thats 20 to 30 percent roi a year,what kind of company does that?its impossible for companies to have such huge profit margins,not even apple.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
250k generate 50k to 70k a year??thats 20 to 30 percent roi a year,what kind of company does that?its impossible for companies to have such huge profit margins,not even apple.

Don't know maybe it was a good year & it includes a special dividends?

All I know is that I got that amount from my Malaysian investments. I also own Apple shares & they pay out 57 cts/share each quarter. This is considered low & Apple has promised that they will be increasing the dividend rate each year. http://investor.apple.com/dividends.cfm

I'm using the USD$ for re-investment in growth stocks since I don't need the US funds.

If people prefer to invest in US companies they can consider investing in ETF dividend paying shares like http://www.simplysafedividends.com/best-dividend-etf/

Depends on what your investment goal is whether it is growth or income? My Malaysian investment are mainly for income
There are plenty of investment options out there which provide better returns than the CPF. I get mad when I think of all the money that is stuck in my CPF :mad:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know maybe it was a good year & it includes a special dividends?

All I know is that I got that amount from my Malaysian investments. I also own Apple shares & they pay out 57 cts/share each quarter. This is considered low & Apple has promised that they will be increasing the dividend rate each year. http://investor.apple.com/dividends.cfm

I'm using the USD$ for re-investment in growth stocks since I don't need the US funds.

If people prefer to invest in US companies they can consider investing in ETF dividend paying shares like http://www.simplysafedividends.com/best-dividend-etf/

Depends on what your investment goal is whether it is growth or income? My Malaysian investment are mainly for income
There are plenty of investment options out there which provide better returns than the CPF. I get mad when I think of all the money that is stuck in my CPF :mad:

Maybe it's a Ponzi scheme, shouldn't u be worried? Usually big dividends means they are selling off assets and liquidating the company.

I dunno what I'm investing for,I'm investing to get filthy rich and be the top 0.1 percent.and get out of this shithole.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
my malaysia fund still lose money.
bought long time ago.

then the FD also lose to exchange rate.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe it's a Ponzi scheme, shouldn't u be worried? Usually big dividends means they are selling off assets and liquidating the company.

I dunno what I'm investing for,I'm investing to get filthy rich and be the top 0.1 percent.and get out of this shithole.

Not worried because I now only invest in the better companies like Sime Darby, Carlesberg, Public Bank, ....

The companies that provide good dividends are usually the mature companies with a track record. There are many freebie guidelines on how to pick a decent company e.g.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-to-pick-the-best-dividend-paying-stocks-2013-05-02
http://einvestingforbeginners.com/good-dividend-stocks-3-metrics/

If you want to make plenty of $$$ you probably have to understand how to use options in the US ETF market. This is what I'm looking at now to help me get my next million :smile: