• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What might you do if you know you're going to die tmr?

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;21j_OCNLuYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21j_OCNLuYg[/video]

Basically the video is about reducing desires and suffer less. Valid point.

But we can't just off to the countryside and farm here in SG.

He also never talk much about boredom. On the countryside people distract themselves with gossip, here we distract ourselves with Internet, phones and television.

A step foreward, but still doesn't solve the riddle of life.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tomorrow is not so far away, time wise. So little time to do much. Take all your disposable money, buy all the live crabs you can find in the markets and release them into the sea around us. That's the best you can do ..... till tomorrow.

Sounds good.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this saying people don't die when they should,they only die when they can.i died a long long time ago.My body is just a ghostly physical manifestation stuck in limbo.i need to know if I still feel alive.in order to do that I must face my death a second time.

Maybe the verse applies here:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”, which is referring to those who are poor in Will / desire.

Also the mystic Madame Guyon:

“The noonday of glory; a day no longer followed by night;
a life that no longer fears death, even in death itself, because death has overcome death,
and because whoever has suffered the first death will no longer feel the second."

Q: I see you doing things. How can you say that you never perform actions?

Ramana Maharshi: The radio sings and speaks, but if you open it you will find no one inside. Similarly, my existence is like the space; though this body speaks like the radio, there is no one inside as a doer.

Q: I find this hard to understand. Could you please elaborate on this?

Ramana Maharshi: Various illustrations are given in books to enable us to understand how the jnani can live and act without the mind, although living and acting require the use of the mind. The potter’s wheel goes on turning round even after the potter has ceased to turn it because the pot is finished. In the same way, the electric fan goes on revolving for some minutes after we switch off the current. The prarabdha [predestined karma] which created the body will make it go through whatever activities it was meant for. But the jnani goes through all these activities without the notion that he is the doer of them. It is hard to understand how this is possible. The illustration generally given is that the jnani performs actions in some such way as a child that is roused from sleep to eat eats but does not remember next morning that it ate. It has to be remembered that all these explanations are not for the jnani. He knows and has no doubts. He knows that he is not the body and he knows that he is not doing anything even though his body may be engaged in some activity. These explanations are for the onlookers who think of the jnani as one with a body and cannot help identifying him with his body.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Friend admitted icu again.
Not sure how many times she has been out in icu.
I so worried for her and also myself.
Not sure my future will be like her or not.

Today my doctor wanted to admit me. Early morning prepare everything to admit myself to Hospital.
I think I have given up everything now
Dialysis also can, surgery also can, maybe die also can.

Really tired to all these