• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 78 Year-Old Muslim Ah Ma Very Sad! Got Cheated By A2A Capital Management Land-Banking

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A group of investors have filed police reports against A2A Capital Management, after they failed to receive investment returns in land-banking schemes.

Following an injection of over S$1 million from 2011 to 2014, five investors have filed police reports against A2A Capital Management, after they failed to receive returns for their investments in the company’s land-banking schemes, reported the Straits Times.

The property development and investment company’s land-banking schemes offered generous returns for cash investments in real estate in Canada and the US.

In fact, a brochure for one of the schemes in which property manager Veronica Chen invested showed that a total investment of US$91 million (S$127.6 million) has an estimated target return of US$122 million (S$171 million). This works out to an overall return of 134 percent for the project.

Chen, however, has not received any payout for the US$30,000 (S$42,063) she invested in the 10-year project in Texas.

Retiree Madam Mohamad received only one payment amounting to S$1,500 last year for her S$500,000 investment made between 2011 and 2014.

“I am very sad I may die before I get my money back. I’m 78. I had told my two grandchildren I can help pay for their studies but now I can’t help them,” she said.

Investor Vijay N, on the other hand, said the S$700 payout he received in the middle of 2016 was much lower than he had expected. The businessman invested S$50,000 in two projects in 2012 and 2013.

“I thought it was a good investment… I expected my first payment of the returns to be in 2014. When I didn’t receive anything, they told me the winter was bad,” said Mr N, who claimed to have been impressed by A2A’s marketing presentation and well-decorated office in Raffles Place. The company has since vacated its Raffles Place office and moved to the Philippines.

When contacted in February, A2A’s client services department explained to Mr N that the relocation of its office was the result of the Singapore authorities “putting regulatory impositions” on land-banking products.

It added that the management is working on the project’s payout timelines and would update the investors as soon as these are ironed out.

Meanwhile, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) on 23 March placed A2A on its investor alert list as it “provides a listing of unregulated persons who, based on information received by MAS, may have been wrongly perceived as being licensed or authorised by MAS”.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/property-investment-company-under-fire-042156218.html

jw5

Loyal
Re: 78 Year-Old Muslim Ah Ma Very Sad! Got Cheated By A2A Capital Management Land-Ban

Names of a few investors mentioned in the article but not a single name of anyone in charge of A2A Capital Management. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 78 Year-Old Muslim Ah Ma Very Sad! Got Cheated By A2A Capital Management Land-Ban

Names of a few investors mentioned in the article but not a single name of anyone in charge of A2A Capital Management. :rolleyes:

obviously trying to protect someone associated to ?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

dirk_foo DIRK FOO
President & CEO
Dirk is President & Chief Executive Officer of the A2A group of companies. Dirk’s trek to the very top of his profession has been as hard as it’s been spectacular. From humble beginnings and with little more than his Cambridge certificate, Dirk started out by pounding the streets of Singapore in the only field he has ever known, Sales. The many obstacles he faced in his early years only served to fuel his ambition to achieve more in his life. It was during these challenging periods that Dirk honed his skills and instincts about business and the commercial value of his profession.
In 1999 he acquired a real estate company, Multi-Match Pte Ltd, focusing on the property market in Singapore. In 2000 he was offered the sales distribution rights to market undeveloped land in Canada from a then little known international company, Walton. Under Dirk’s direction, Multi-Match proved to be prolific in sales and within a year, in 2001, Walton International offered Dirk the opportunity to lead their Singapore sales division as its first Vice President of Sales. Inevitably, given Dirk’s perennial outstanding performances, he was elevated to the position of Senior Vice President of Asia Sales. Dirk led Walton’s entire Asian network to record sales year on year, and in the process laid the foundations for the credibility and acceptance of overseas land investments as an attractive and viable alternative investment channel. Without doubt, Dirk is a pioneer in this specialized field. He left Walton in December 2007, to take a sabbatical from the pressures of business.

Dirk’s expansive experience, his ideas, his insight and his instincts for the business of A2A will definitely help the company realise its grand vision.

allan_lind ALLAN LIND
Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Communications
Allan is the Executive Vice President for Corporate Affairs & Services of A2A Capital Management Pte Ltd and a director of all operating companies within the group. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business & Marketing from Edith Cowan University and brings over 30 years of experience in corporate fiscal planning and policy, accounting, auditing and marketing practice with global organizations such as BHP Billiton, the world’s largest mining operator and Gillette Industries of Europe.
Though a native of Scotland, Allan has resided in Australia for many years and had stints with leading Australian companies such as Southcorp, Rheem and the giant retailer, Wesfarmers.

Though trained in accounting and finance, Allan is a rare breed. He has had considerable success as a marketer cum entrepreneur when, as a major shareholder and Executive for the energy company, Solahart International Inc, he nurtured the brand successfully until it was acquired by the Shell Oil company. Now in his youthful 60s, he brings to the board of A2A the steady head and hand of a seasoned operator.

joe_attrux JOE ATTRUX
CFO & COO
Joe is the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of A2A Capital Management, joining the firm in 2014.
Joe holds a Master of Business Administration Degree from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Canada and a Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, Canada and a Certified Public Accountant with the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.

Joe started his career in 1988 in public accounting with Arthur Andersen in Toronto as a US tax consultant. Today, Joe has extensive operational management and financial management experience obtained over the past 19 years most recently as CEO of Harris Fraser Group in Hong Kong, a boutique wealth management services firm.

Prior to joining Harris Fraser in 2009, Joe spent 9 years as a management consultant in supply chain management, general business strategy and operations management for several medium and large multinational clients, assisting them to save millions of dollars from operating efficiencies, cyle lead time decreases and component cost savings.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dirk Foo

dirk_foo.jpg

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

That was way back then in 2013. Any latest update? :biggrin:

Hehe... Just imagine and add some flabby flabs and wrinkles to the pic lor :biggrin:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

134% return just for parking your monies with someone? Stupidity really has no depth and breadth.

bonanke

Dirk was using investor's money to roll his numerous projects quite successfully until something went wrong that caught the whole group into a cash crunch situation. If he has good operational staff watching over his projects, may be he would not have ended up this way, having to court the Chinese www.Puerbank.net group to come in to "bail" him out. Whether Puerbank can do the magic or not is up to anyone's imagination. This Chinese entity is not a bank per se, but rather a new business group that offers puer tea leaves as investment products by issuing puer tea certificates for sales. To know about this Chinese group, one has to be able to read & write Chinese so that you can find them on the internet. Otherwise just googling "PNG Group" will not yield any info.

The A2A group was initially successful because it hired PME's who once worked for MNC's as the main drivers of marketing. These PME's have good qualifications and dont give people the snake-oil salesmen look, and they were able to bring many of their colleagues to come into the scheme. Dirk Foo likely handsomely awarded these guys.

If one has to guess why the music is coming to a stop, these factors are quite evident:
-A2A has no real construction management experience. Cost controls in respect of materials sourcing and labor productivity management are likely loosely enforced,
-Over-estimation of the demand for high end housing market in the new development zone at outskirt of Dallas. One can easily find a home for $150-180K, but A2A is selling for $250K.

Now investors have to wait till Puerbank.net comes out on stage and tell them in concrete terms how they will rescue A2A.