• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Phenomenon of tissue paper selling in Singapore.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just now, I go nex mall and there is a pair of one wheelchair-bound auntie and one "down syndrome" girl selling tissue paper. I don't understand why if they want to beg, why can't they do it more professionally. I don't get a receipt for buying tissue paper from you and I bet you didn't pay rent to sell tissue paper there. At least if you beg properly and not sell tissue paper, it makes me feel better about my charitableness. At least I don't feel like I am entering a monetary transaction. It's the same situation at the food market over at Lorong Ah Soo.

Everything is like so fake in Singapore. Even the beggars are fake! KNN!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok?No ones forcing u to buy their tissue if u feel forced into a monetary transaction.

No ones forcing u to donate either if u aren't feeling charitable.

Son of a bitch,u can board the mrt,it's whether u choose to or not.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok?No ones forcing u to buy their tissue if u feel forced into a monetary transaction.

No ones forcing u to donate either if u aren't feeling charitable.

Son of a bitch,u can board the mrt,it's whether u choose to or not.

That's not the issue. It's the "fakeness" of everything in Singapore. From PAP to PA to even the beggars. KNN!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lky said no sg got no beggars.
So to engage in the act of begging is blasphemy.
Begging is outlawed in sg but selling tissue is not.
Also sinkies want face even if they are poor....so tissue is machiam a job and not as shameful as begging

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is an old lady that has recently started "begging" at the tanjong pagar market food centre.

She will walk with a walking aid and goes from table to table ASKING for money, not even selling tissue paper. If you don't give her, she will curse you as a bad person and your future will be doomed as your children will not take care of you, blah blah blah.

Later you will see her at one of the stalls eating a good meal with a cup of kopi as well. I have seen her walk off without the use of a walking aid...

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should not support foreign tissue sellers. They are mostly syndicated.

Local, there are fakes too. There is a Cross-Eyed girl(NOT SAV reg) accompanied by a lady who coerced customers.(Whampoe Mkt). Its good good $$ there,