• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good books on investing

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Non-fluoride toothpaste
Carbon filtered water (I use cleansui purchased from Amazon JP)

Spore's drinking water has 2 unhealthy additives added to it, chlorine & fluoride.

The cheapest way to remove these additives is to use a Berkey filtration system which does not require any power to run.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...er&sprefix=berkey,tools,397&crid=YLV71H0WACHJ

The black Berkey filters will last from 3,000 to 6,000 gallons. They can be scrubbed clean with green wool when they get clogged up. The white fluoride filters will last about 1 year. Using the 2 types of filter together can remove 99.99% of contaminents.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore's drinking water has 2 unhealthy additives added to it, chlorine & fluoride.

The cheapest way to remove these additives is to use a Berkey filtration system which does not require any power to run.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...er&sprefix=berkey,tools,397&crid=YLV71H0WACHJ

The black Berkey filters will last from 3,000 to 6,000 gallons. They can be scrubbed clean with green wool when they get clogged up. The white fluoride filters will last about 1 year. Using the 2 types of filter together can remove 99.99% of contaminents.

i just drink Ice Mountain bottled water.stay away from daisani and the other crap under the coca cola trademark,they have high flouride count in them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just drink Ice Mountain bottled water.stay away from daisani and the other crap under the coca cola trademark,they have high flouride count in them.

Problem with bottled water is that you never know about the quality? For all we know the bottled water might be from tap water.

I used to buy the large bottles & they are very heavy. Imagine having to carry at least 7 bottles a week. Don't forget that you need water for cooking.

The plastic bottles also have chemicals that can seep into the water. Can read about the problem here https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11193/7-reasons-to-never-drink-bottled-water-again.html

In Thailand some of the hotels provide glass bottles of water & the water tastes much nicer than water provided in plastic bottles. You can find glass bottled water in the stores but they are expensive & heavy.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Problem with bottled water is that you never know about the quality? For all we know the bottled water might be from tap water.

I used to buy the large bottles & they are very heavy. Imagine having to carry at least 7 bottles a week. Don't forget that you need water for cooking.

The plastic bottles also have chemicals that can seep into the water. Can read about the problem here https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11193/7-reasons-to-never-drink-bottled-water-again.html

In Thailand some of the hotels provide glass bottles of water & the water tastes much nicer than water provided in plastic bottles. You can find glass bottled water in the stores but they are expensive & heavy.

matter of taste i think,i like the taste of ice mountain better than evian surprisingly.also some of the more expensive waters might taste better,like fiji artisan water for example,but dont think im that rich or high class enough to be drinking fiji on a daily basis.some of those rich kids on instagram u see they brush their teeth with san pellegrino that comes in glass bottle,i had the chance to taste it once at MBS and it was the bomb,one day when im rich enough to be high roller at paiza i will drink san pellegrino everyday.

just order online redmart delivery,they sell cases of mineral water,much cheaper too than buying from stores,i was thinking u should always stockpile some bottled water in case theres ever a water shortage in Singapore but i never get to it.Singapore lulls me into a false sense of security and i end up drinking tap water.

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Generally, listen to no one, if he/she claims to be savvy at investing, while holding a day job. The best book any good investor publishes are memoirs, not tips....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you buy? It's up average 18% since the Trump rally.

My yield about 3.5% also
Quite boring and I buy mostly blue chip.

Good also, I lazy to monitor. Can sleep sound.
I see cheap then I buy. I happy then I buy.

Just like I go Supermarket buy vegetable. Cheap then I buy