• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good books on investing

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need. Just buy and keep Nikko Am STI ETF units (as much as your disposable money can tahan) until you retire. Better than FDs. No need to gamble with investments.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
41lNILAEAfL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
My yield about 3.5% also
Quite boring and I buy mostly blue chip.

Good also, I lazy to monitor. Can sleep sound.
I see cheap then I buy. I happy then I buy.

Just like I go Supermarket buy vegetable. Cheap then I buy

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Robert kiyosaki rich dad poor dad.

u can read all the boring ass huge ass tomes full of graphs,statistics and charts and returns and alpha and beta and roi u want but first u gotta Robert Kiyosaki,cause in Robert kiyosaki,u learn the essence,the human spirit and the desire and the need to get rich.Lots of dummies out there dont understand,u gotta fix ur mentality,ur outlook on life in order to determine how far u go.to be rich,u must first understand how the rich thinks and embrace greed......

didnt realise i had been doing things completely wrong for years since i was 19 reading things like graham and dodd and william bernstein and phiip fisher.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
When sti drop to 2600 or 2700? I forgot . I think my paper loss close to 100k
Then I keep buying and bite finger.

I was quite calm. Not like 2008 subprime.
Then now My portfolio from negative become positive gain.
Last year dividend about 20k.

Last edited:

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robert kiyosaki rich dad poor dad.

u can read all the boring ass huge ass tomes full of graphs,statistics and charts and returns and alpha and beta and roi u want but first u gotta Robert Kiyosaki,cause in Robert kiyosaki,u learn the essence,the human spirit and the desire and the need to get rich.Lots of dummies out there dont understand,u gotta fix ur mentality,ur outlook on life in order to determine how far u go.to be rich,u must first understand how the rich thinks and embrace greed......

didnt realise i had been doing things completely wrong for years since i was 19 reading things like graham and dodd and william bernstein and phiip fisher.

At least Graham and Dodd were practitioners. Kiyosaki is a marketer. No different from Kong hee.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
But one year dividend only enough cover my one year medical bill. Phew.
So I have to invest more and earn more for my passive income.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whole body also problem.
Wait to die only.

See doctor no help at all, just to make me more pain.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True. Lessons from firsthand experience is always better than dead concepts. Painful though.

for beginners when u are first starting out,learning and studying is more important then doing the actual activity,because u understand very little,and people dont know what they do not know,and u keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again because u are not competent enough to recognize ur own mistakes and even if u do,u do not possess the knowledge to correct them.reading and studying is learning from the experience of others and pros who has been there before u and figured out all the difficult stuff before u,saving u all the trouble of figuring it out on ur own which u will probably never be able to,it is thanks to books and knowledge we are able to stand on the shoulders of giants.

just like poker,when u are first starting out u should spend at least 50 percent of the time or more studying and learning rather than playing,theres a huge learning curve and a lot of things they do not know,but most people dont,they spend 90 percent of the time playing and 10 percent reading and learning and communicating with others and analyzing their mistakes.this is highly inefficient practise.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Health outweighs all other blessings so much
that one may really say that a healthy beggar is happier than an ailing king."