• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Makes Keling Imam Apologize In Public To Sinkie Christians And To Great Zikapore!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
photo6264892087291979713_0.jpg

SINGAPORE - The Islamic religious teacher who made controversial remarks about Christians and Jews has apologised for his actions.

In February, a video emerged online of an imam at Jamae Mosque who, after a sermon, reportedly recited a prayer in Arabic that said "God help us against Jews and Christians", among other things.

On Friday (March 31), Imam Nalla Mohamed Abdul Jameel, who made the remarks, apologised to a group of leaders of various religious groups, including those from the Christian faith, at a closed-door meeting organised at the Harmony in Diversity Gallery on Maxwell Road.

The gathering was organised at the imam's request.

"I fully respect the laws of the land and appreciate the concerns of her people. I am truly sorry that I had offended you, and I must bear full responsibility for my actions, as part of my duty to all Singaporeans and residents," said the imam in a statement.

NUS suspends academic while it investigates his involvement in case of imam's remarks

He said: "I am filled with great remorse for the inconvenience, tension and trauma that I have caused to this peaceful country. My actions were not complementary to the ethos and essence of this young yet great nation.

No room for religious extremism in Singapore, say Muslim leaders

"As a resident here from a foreign land, I should have practised my faith in accordance with, and appropriate to, the social norms and laws of this country. I fully admit that my said actions have no place, wheresoever, in this extremely multi-religious and multi-cultural society," said the 47-year old religious teacher from India.

He clarified that the additional supplication he read, "God help us against Jews and Christians", was not from the Holy Quran, but was from an old Arabic text which originated from his village in India.

"This episode has educated and enlightened me, and I am deeply thankful to God for this realisation. I am also very relieved that the society has remained calm. I am glad that the police had given me the full opportunity to explain myself during the investigations," he added.

The apology on Friday came about a month after Home Affairs and Law Minister K. Shanmugam said in Parliament that the police were investigating the imam as well as the actions of the parties involved, including those who filmed and publicised the video.

The video, which was posted by investment associate Terence Nunis, a Muslim, had sparked a storm in the Muslim community who felt it was taken out of context and cast them in a negative light.

The video gained traction online and offline, and the imam was placed on leave while the police investigated the video.

The episode prompted Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Yaacob Ibrahim to call for calm and unity. He had said in a Facebook post: "There is no space in Singapore for extremism or exclusivism because we uphold values of mutual respect and harmony. We utterly reject any speech or actions that foster ill will between communities. This is the Singapore way."

The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis), which is assisting police in the investigations, also said this month there can be no room for discourse that promotes intolerance, enmity or violence against other communities.

Singapore's top Muslim leader, Mufti Fatris Bakaram, also said in a Facebook post this month that while the community holds fast to its faith, it has to ensure its religious texts are read appropriately and not misunderstood, as this would smear the good name of Islam and Muslims here.

Both Mr Shanmugam and Dr Yaacob, who is Communications and Information Minister, also stressed that while it was right to blow the whistle on wrongdoing, some sensitive matters may be better reported directly to the authorities rather than aired online

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ks-clarifies-that-remarks-were-not-from-quran

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP Makes Keling Imam Apologize In Public To Sinkie Christians And To Great Zikap

... The apology on Friday came about a month after Home Affairs and Law Minister K. Shanmugam said in Parliament that the police were investigating the imam as well as the actions of the parties involved, including those who filmed and publicised the video.

The video, which was posted by investment associate Terence Nunis, a Muslim, had sparked a storm in the Muslim community who felt it was taken out of context and cast them in a negative light ...
so wen r dey going 2 make dose who filmed n publicised ze video 2 cum out n apologise? ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: PAP Makes Keling Imam Apologize In Public To Sinkie Christians And To Great Zikap

I am offended by this photo. Shouldn't the Christians be represented by the greatest christian leaders in the community? It should be either miracle healer Pastor Rony or Apostle Lawrence Khong.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am offended by this photo. Shouldn't the Christians be represented by the greatest christian leaders in the community? It should be either miracle healer Pastor Rony or Apostle Lawrence Khong ...
ya, man! ...

n y no jew in pig? ...

n dey try 2 insult readerz intelligens by passing off a bayi as a jew? ...

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shouldn't he be allowed to practise his religion in peace?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am offended by this photo. Shouldn't the Christians be represented by the greatest christian leaders in the community? It should be either miracle healer Pastor Rony or Apostle Lawrence Khong.
it's perfectly alright john, he's just representing his god - whatever and whoever the fuck he is :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

pester lawless khong jeow wei should goto all temple and mosques to offer his apologies and a $100,000 donation as a sincerity of his remorse on each visit

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Erm so apologise then bo dai ji ? Amos, wat u waiting for ?

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

The coerced public apology is not going to change his inner hatred for Christians and Jews. It will just make his hatred more intense and deep.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Dun believe the Imam. Muslims are allowed to lie and cheat on the name of Islam.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Don't be fooled by the empty words and fake smiles. The Muslims hate us no matter what.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

..only they can say n do ..others do that...see what happen to AHOK.....enuf say

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

My Esteemed Sir John.
I believe the best candidate to represent the Xtians is Holy Priest Con Hee, who else besides PAP can successfully rob Sinkies.

konghee01.jpg

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why no jail term for this retarded Imam? PAP gone soft already?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is Justone Singh a, JEW?, how come , Singh is standing in for a JEW?, didn't the kekleng preacher quoted from the teachings he learnt back in India & not from the Koran, insulting the Jews & Christians....we see ONE pastor...where is the RABBI?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't be fooled by the empty words and fake smiles. The Muslims hate us no matter what.

Islam is not our fight,this is between the muslims and the retarded christians which has been going on for more a thousand years,now they want to make it our business,like as though islam and terrorist were invented yesterday.the muslims were kicking the christians ass since the beggining of time and the christians are butthurt.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why no jail term for this retarded Imam? PAP gone soft already?

U want jail term then u speak in public on hw evil Islam is lah, retard bodoh devil. Y post with only few "audience" here? Not a heroic act. Come report to SPF about Islam? Sure no balls cos Devil speaks only lies. Real retard.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U want jail term then u speak in public on hw evil Islam is lah, retard bodoh devil. Y post with only few "audience" here? Not a heroic act. Come report to SPF about Islam? Sure no balls cos Devil speaks only lies. Real retard.

That is why I say all Muslims are Islamic terrorist. Amos got jail terms but Imam got off? Shows how dangerous and murderous Islam is. Anyone who take faith in this murderous religion instantly become retarded Islamic terrorist just like fucking retards whoami here.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why I say all Muslims are Islamic terrorist. Amos got jail terms but Imam got off? Shows how dangerous and murderous Islam is. Anyone who take faith in this murderous religion instantly become retarded Islamic terrorist just like fucking retards whoami here.

Y talk like a parrot? Repeat ur above post in public lah. Then i say devil a warrior. A retard fucktard warrior.

At least tat young punk amos got balls. U old man devil no balls leow.