• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Allah fixed USA 911 huge fire highway collapsed mayhem

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/usa/382892-atlanta-fire-highway/

Huge fire causes highway collapse & traffic mayhem in Atlanta (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Published time: 30 Mar, 2017 23:02
Edited time: 31 Mar, 2017 01:46
Huge fire causes highway collapse & traffic mayhem in Atlanta (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
FOX 10 Phoenix / YouTube
A massive blaze underneath Interstate-85 in Atlanta, Georgia, has engulfed and destroyed a portion of the highway and left cars stuck both north and southbound.
I-85 northbound collapsed at Piedmont Road after less than an hour of the flames being reported.

After the collapse, around 7:30pm EST, Sgt. Cortez Stafford of the Atlanta Fire Department told Fox 5 Atlanta the fire was being "contained" and that no firefighters were injured.

Stafford did not confirm the source of the fire, but previously Fox 5 Atlanta had reported plastic conduit, which protects electrical wiring, was suspected to have fueled the inferno.

The highway collapse did not result in any casualties or injuries, according to Governor of Georgia Nathan Deal, who said it is going to take “some time to get it repaired and back into service.”

The governor commended first responders who quickly took the incident under control and urged locals to stay away from the area as authorities are devising alternative transportations routes.

0592948dea.jpg

Last edited:

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/31/us/atlanta-interstate-85-fire-collapse/index.html

I-85 collapse: Major north-south artery closed as spring break travel kicks off

By Jason Hanna, Faith Karimi and Steve Almasy, CNN

Updated 1337 GMT (2137 HKT) March 31, 2017
atlanta interstate 85 fire collapse_00002004
atlanta interstate 85 fire collapse_00002004

atlanta interstate 85 fire collapse_00002004.jpg
Fire causes Atlanta interstate to collapse
At least 10 structures were destroyed in a wildfire in Nassau County, FL Wednesday, according to a series of tweets on the Florida Forest Services verified Twitter account. The Garfield Road Fire has burned an estimated 350-400 acres along County Route 119 near Bryceville, and is 50% contained at this time, according to the Florida Forest Service. Officials say the fire was caused by a man burning paper book books Wednesday afternoon. Burning household garbage is illegal in Florida. Emergency and firefighting crews from multiple agencies are working throughout the night, and Florida Forest Service officials say the fire is no longer spreading. Evacuations have been ordered along nearby County Route 119 as a precaution.
Florida book burning sparks massive wildfire
River set ablaze nearly burns politician
plane crashes into tree dnt_00003416.jpg
Plane crashes into tree, bursts into flames
new delhi museum fire von_00000306.jpg
Huge blaze guts New Delhi museum
Location of the fire is at the Jiangsu Deqiao Storage Company Ltd in the New Port Industrial Park in Jingjiang city. The fire reached 20 - 30 meters in the air with thick mushroom-like smoke. According to rescue workers at the scene, the burning articles were two gas containers. The company's main business is in storing, transferring, repartitioning and packaging liquid oil/gas products. The factory zone has 12 fuel containers, diesel containers and gasoline containers, and 30 chemical storage containers. The report also quotes a villager Mr. Zhong, whose home is within 1km away from the storage zone that there are two villages near the company with over 1k villagers (altogether).
Explosion at chemical warehouse in China
cats christmas tree fire washington pkg_00001310.jpg
You won't believe the cause of this Christmas tree fire
5-year-old saves family from house fire _00005504.jpg
House catches fire, 5-year-old does this
bucharest nightclub fire romania paul angelescu bpr nr_00013423
Dozens killed in Bucharest nightclub fire
boaters rescue family from burning boat texas_00000206.jpg
Boat's gas tank explodes with family on board
People flee their vehicles after being stopped on I-15 near San Bernardino, California, by a wildfire that jumped onto the highway, torched numerous vehicles and caused injuries.
Wildfire jumps California freeway, torches cars
california wildfire cars burning freeway elam live erin_00001427.jpg
Cars in flames as fire jumps onto California freeway
washington wildfire simon dnt ac_00003712.jpg
Man devastated after home destroyed by wildfire
wenatchee washington wildfire pkg_00003720.jpg
Wildfires tear through thousands of acres in Washington
civic stadium fire oregon dnt_00000004.jpg
Historic stadium goes up in flames
Story highlights

One school system cancels Friday classes
There were no fatalities, Mayor Kasim Reed says

Atlanta (CNN)Drivers in one of the world's most congested cities woke up to a jarring new reality Friday as they were forced to game out how to get around a collapsed portion of Atlanta's Interstate 85 -- one of the Southeast's major north-south arteries.
A mysterious fire collapsed an I-85 northbound overpass Thursday evening -- injuring no one -- and also damaged the southbound portion, forcing the closure of all five lanes in each direction for the foreseeable future.

The shutdown likely sets the city up for traffic nightmares for weeks to come after creating navigation hell on Thursday with jams that extended five miles or more and stranded motorists in the immediate area for hours.
I-85 collapse: By the numbers

220,000+: Estimated number of cars that drive through the stretch of I-85 per day

7 p.m. : Time the portion of Interstate 85 collapsed

40 feet: Size of the wall of fire at the interstate
The closure comes at a sensitive time for a city accustomed to gridlock -- with hordes of spring break vacationers poised to drive though the regional hub and the Atlanta Braves set to play a preseason game Friday night in their new stadium in the city's northwest corner.
"I think it's as serious a transportation crisis as we could have," Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said Thursday evening.
'Fell with a big kaboom'
Flames from a massive fire that eventually led a portion of the highway to collapse are seen Thursday along Interstate 85 in Atlanta.
Flames from a massive fire that eventually led a portion of the highway to collapse are seen Thursday along Interstate 85 in Atlanta.
The fire started Thursday evening under an I-85 overpass in north-central Atlanta, north of the highway's split with I-75.
Officials said they didn't immediately know what sparked the flames, which morphed into a massive fireball. At first, I-85 motorists drove through the smoke, and firefighters fought the flames below.

Use MARTA or other commute options. If U must drive, know your alt routes b4 U go and stay up-to-date with @511Georgia Use caution/patience pic.twitter.com/JNRl9B6doy
— Georgia DOT (@GADeptofTrans) March 31, 2017

"There was a 40-feet or higher wall of fire. Power lines were falling and arcing heavily and falling in the streets," Cortez Stafford, a spokesman for the Atlanta Fire Department, told CNN.
The elevated span of highway collapsed about 7 p.m. ET, as crews battling the fire got out of danger's way.

We are keeping everyone affected by the fire in our thoughts & are grateful to @ATLFireRescue & all first responders for all that they do.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) March 31, 2017

As concrete began falling from under the bridge, firefighters were asked to step back, Stafford said. "Not even two minutes later, the highway fell with a big 'kaboom.' (It) knocked our guys back."
While the highway is normally jammed with cars around that time, there were no fatalities, Reed said.

Atlanta's busiest highway just collapsed. #atl #atlantanews #BREAKING pic.twitter.com/udB7Co7JYB
— Michael Demmons (@mldemmons) March 30, 2017

More than 220,000 cars per day are estimated to drive through that stretch of the interstate. Officials scrambled to come up with alternate routes and encouraged riders to use public transit.
"This is the time to start planning and looking for an alternate route on how you do your business," Georgia Department of Transportation Commissioner Russell McMurry said Thursday evening.
Surreal scenes
Social media users posted surreal images showing motorists -- before the collapse -- choosing to drive into the black smoke that billowed onto the highway as the fire burned beneath them.
CNN's Eliott C. McLaughlin was driving north on I-85 during the evening rush hour when he saw smoke rising from underneath the elevated highway.

Pulled up to fire on Interstate 85, minutes before highway collapsed. Smoke was opaque. Had to follow a Tahoe's taillights through it. pic.twitter.com/pem5reIXgs
— Eliott C. McLaughlin (@EliottCNN) March 31, 2017

Many cars on the left side of the five-lane section barreled through the thick black smoke. They disappeared into the darkness as they drove, he said.
McLaughlin slowly followed the taillights of an SUV through the smoke.
Firefighters battle the fire that eventually led to the collapse of part of Interstate 85.
Firefighters battle the fire that eventually led to the collapse of part of Interstate 85.
Soon, interstate traffic was stopped and turned around, creating long jams.
What caused the collapse?
As word of the incident spread, so did the speculation.
Reed, Atlanta's mayor, did not provide details on what caused the collapse, but said it is not linked to terrorism and an investigation is underway.
"We've spoken to the special agent in charge of FBI, there is no evidence this is related to terrorism," he said Thursday night.
Gov. Nathan Deal said he heard speculation it was caused by some "PVC products that caught fire."
Two fire trucks from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in south Atlanta rushed to the scene and sprayed foam on the fallen section and flames.
'It's going to take some time'
Authorities worked through the night to access the bridge and ensure the risks from the collapse are contained.
"There is a possibility you could have a further collapse," Reed said. "We still have personnel at the sight making sure there is no hotspots. We won't know the area of vulnerability for the bridge until tomorrow."

When you're just trying to get home and Atlanta is on fire again. #hotlanta

A post shared by Jono Moore (@jonoism) on Mar 30, 2017 at 3:38pm PDT

The company that originally built the elevated highway would assess the damage, Deal told reporters.
"It's going to take some time to get it repaired and to get it back in service," he said, without offering a time frame for reopening.
Not business as usual
MARTA, Atlanta's rail and bus system, will offer extended service through the weekend.
Here's the traffic in Atlanta at approximately 8:15 a.m. ET on Friday, the morning after the collapse.
Here's the traffic in Atlanta at approximately 8:15 a.m. ET on Friday, the morning after the collapse.
One school district, in nearby DeKalb County, canceled classes for Friday. Schools in Atlanta will be open, Reed said, and city and state offices won't open until 10 a.m.
Weeks of repair ahead
Most structural materials lose strength when subjected to high temperature, meaning the concrete could have been compromised by the heat, said Reginald DesRoches, a professor at Georgia Tech.
Crews work Friday on a section of an Interstate 85 overpass that collapsed during a masive fire.
Crews work Friday on a section of an Interstate 85 overpass that collapsed during a masive fire.
It is too early to say how long it will take to repair the highway, he said.
"It certainly can take anywhere from several weeks to several months," he said. "The surrounding sections of the highway will be evaluated to determine if any damage was sustained from the heat. It is probably prudent to check both sides of the adjacent sections (northbound and south bound)."

CNN's Michelle Krupa, Nicole Chavez, Amanda Jackson, Chris Boyette, Dave Alsup, Martin Savidge and Jamiel Lynch contributed to this report.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.11alive.com/news/massive-fire-burning-under-i-85-in-atlanta/426986746

Interstate Collapse: I-85 closed after fire, partial collapse

On the scene at Piedmont; I-85 closed indefinitely
Christopher Buchanan, WXIA 9:35 AM. EDT March 31, 2017
CONNECT TWEET LINKEDIN GOOGLE+ PINTEREST

ATLANTA -- Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has declared a state of emergency after a portion of Interstate 85 collapsed as a massive fire burned near Piedmont Road Thursday evening.

The incident began around 6 p.m. but quickly erupted into something more as large flames enveloped the northbound lanes on both sides and dark smoke rose from under the Buford-Spring Connector.

RIGHT NOW | Watch Atlanta Alive for the latest updates on this collapse
Disastrous but not tragic

Part of the interstate bridge just south of Georgia 400 and Piedmont Road eventually collapsed and traffic was brought to a standstill. (Click here to see video of the collapse)

Despite the destruction of a heavily-trafficked portion of Atlanta roadway Sgt. Cortez Stafford with Atlanta Fire Rescue reported no injuries. Still, the cause of the fire and collapse have not yet been determined. Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said city officials have spoken with the FBI and "there is no evidence that this is related to terrorism."

"It's going to take some time to do a thorough assessment to determine what damage has been done to that section of the interstate," Reed said.

A 'State of Emergency'

Gov. Deal declared a state of emergency for Fulton County and urged drivers to avoid the large section of I-85 if at all possible. State government agencies will delay opening until 10 a.m. and employees able to telecommute are encouraged to do so.

PHOTOS: Fire burning under Atlanta Interstate (story continues under the gallery)

Atlanta Fire Rescue appeared to have gotten the fire under control by 8 p.m. Drivers were being re-routed down the highway to nearby exits. 11Alive TrafficTracker Crash Clark said drivers should avoid I-85 South and North into town.

LIST | Here a list of alternate routes

1996 solution to a 2017 problem?

Reed said city officials will look back to the 1996 Olympics' plans to help determine the best way to handle the traffic situation in the coming weeks.

"We actually handled the Olympics very nicely in Atlanta and I really think that is the closet comparison from a traffic standpoint with what we're going to be going through over the next four to six weeks," Reed said.

RELATED | 'Roxanne is having a baby' | Social media reacts to I-85 fire and bridge collapse

Officials urged commuters to consider taking MARTA as crews work to repair I-85. State officials and Fulton County Commission Chair John Eaves echoed this suggestion in later interviews.

RELATED | Will MARTA be savior from I-85 collapse chaos?
Schools, government offices react

Atlanta Public Schools issued a statement saying that its schools would operate on a normal schedule on Friday.

"The district is working in coordination with city and state officials to ensure smooth operations tomorrow," said APS spokesperson Kimberly Willis Green. "APS is working on a transportation plan to move buses to the North Atlanta cluster to ensure buses are available to transport students in the morning. We are asking that parents and guardians be patient as we strive to deliver the highest quality of service given these circumstances. We are asking staff to make arrangements to come in early to receive students."

However, DeKalb County Schools notified 11Alive that their district will not be open Friday. Twelve-month employees only should report to work.

City of Atlanta government offices said they would be delayed until 10 a.m. Friday. They issued a statement from their offices saying:

The City of Atlanta will have a delayed start of 10:00 a.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017. All essential and emergency personnel should report to work at their regularly-scheduled time on Friday, March 31, 2017. All non-essential employees should report at 10:00 a.m. If you have a question about whether or not you are an essential employee, please contact your manager.

The Municipal Court of Atlanta will also have a delayed start of 10:00 a.m.

Fulton County Chairman John Eaves issued a statement saying:

"I am closely monitoring the situation related to the I-85 fire and bridge collapse. Fulton County has offered our support to the Georgia Department of Transportation and are working closely with the City of Atlanta. The staff of the Atlanta-Fulton Emergency Management Agency have been activated to assist.

We ask that commuters avoid the area while public safety personnel continue their response. Businesses should allow employees flexibility during commutes tomorrow and in coming days and weeks. I also encourage commuters to take advantage of MARTA, which will offer extended service.

Our special thanks to the firefighters and police officers on scene, whose quick work helped keep citizens safe during this unprecedented incident."

Check 11Alive traffic maps and cameras

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;vN8tNmRwVbs]https://youtu.be/vN8tNmRwVbs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;i_X9lg0Blok]https://youtu.be/i_X9lg0Blok[/video]

0592948dea.jpg

Last edited: