• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 0-0 is a good results for Singapore Lions

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asian Cup qualifiers 2019

Bahrain 0-0 Singapore

We cannot score goals but we defend stoutly:biggrin:

yeah. not sure is it lions coach saw a thread I opened sometime back. by using a certain coaching strategy a team can qualify for any cups or even wc by getting a goalless draw till a penalty shootout .

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah. not sure is it lions coach saw a thread I opened sometime back. by using a certain coaching strategy a team can qualify for any cups or even wc by getting a goalless draw till a penalty shootout .

Asian Cup now expanded from 16 to 24 teams and we may luckily see the Lions playing in UAE 2019 if we continue to play with 6 defenders to achieve 0-0 against teams like Bahrain and Turkmenistan.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asian Cup now expanded from 16 to 24 teams and we may luckily see the Lions playing in UAE 2019 if we continue to play with 6 defenders to achieve 0-0 against teams like Bahrain and Turkmenistan.

6 defenders is still very risky IMHO.
better use at least 8 defenders and do a complete defending formations to buy time. :p

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 defenders is still very risky IMHO.
better use at least 8 defenders and do a complete defending formations to buy time. :p

Oh mine you are much more defensive :biggrin:

The current system of 4-2-3-1 formation the Lions deployed.

Back four stationed to form a wall covering the goal post.

Two stoppers running around harassing opposing attackers.

Three midfielders and one striker to hold the ball (waste time)

Your suggestion will be 6-2-1-1 formation shall be a better one :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh mine you are much more defensive :biggrin:

The current system of 4-2-3-1 formation the Lions deployed.

Back four stationed to form a wall covering the goal post.

Two stoppers running around harassing opposing attackers.

Three midfielders and one striker to hold the ball (waste time)

Your suggestion will be 6-2-1-1 formation shall be a better one :biggrin:

yeah. 6-2-1-1 is good. focus full training on building up stamina and forget about attacking. Defend and olay dirty tricks all the way to ft :biggrin:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering what good is there to win the FAS Council,
when the coach appointed parked the bus infront its gk.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why not this defensive tactic. when having the ball, just hold onto it with all your players surrounding it. retains the ball indefinitely until the referee blows for half time and full time. is it legal in the laws of the game to do that ? :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why not this defensive tactic. when having the ball, just hold onto it with all your players surrounding it. retains the ball indefinitely until the referee blows for half time and full time. is it legal in the laws of the game to do that ? :biggrin:

to prevent any sideswipe, let 1 player hold on the bola and 6 players surround it in a circle , 3 players encircle the 2nd layer , and slowly move towards the goal post like a amoeba , can or not ?

jw5

Loyal
Asian Cup qualifiers 2019

Bahrain 0-0 Singapore

We cannot score goals but we defend stoutly:biggrin:

It is a good result, considering that in the FIFA world rankings, SG is ranked 163, while Bahrain is ranked 127 (Thailand also ranked 127). :biggrin:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
to prevent any sideswipe, let 1 player hold on the bola and 6 players surround it in a circle , 3 players encircle the 2nd layer , and slowly move towards the goal post like a amoeba , can or not ?
attachment.php

But when it's time to shoot (let's say five metres from the goal), what if there are eight players (plus the goalkeeper in the middle) defending the goal line and the one who shoots misses? :p
One of the defenders (or the goalkeeper) simply has to lob the ball to the two strikers in the opponents' half of the pitch, who will most probably score, right? :wink:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

But when it's time to shoot (let's say five metres from the goal), what if there are eight players (plus the goalkeeper in the middle) defending the goal line and the one who shoots misses? :p
One of the defenders (or the goalkeeper) simply has to lob the ball to the two strikers in the opponents' half of the pitch, who will most probably score, right? :wink:

you have made a valid point and I have taken this into consideration.
The amoeba is supposed to move and eventually score without shooting i.e. the amoeba moves into the goal pole and some players in the inner edge of the amoeba will be inside the post :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have made a valid point and I have taken this into consideration.
The amoeba is supposed to move and eventually score without shooting i.e. the amoeba moves into the goal pole and some players in the inner edge of the amoeba will be inside the post :biggrin:

does that beat the offside trap ? :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does that beat the offside trap ? :biggrin:

The amoeba starts moving behind the defender thus it should be legitimate .
have to wait for resident sbf fas jw5 to point out is everything legitimate in the fas book before rolling out this strategy .

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
the amoeba moves into the goal pole and some players in the inner edge of the amoeba will be inside the post :biggrin:
But in that case, only four or five players are needed to form a "wall" just in front of the ten-man "amoeba", preventing it from moving forward; so it would have to keep moving left or right to get past the "wall", but the "wall" can also move left or right to block the "amoeba", right? :p

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But in that case, only four or five players are needed to form a "wall" just in front of the ten-man "amoeba", preventing it from moving forward; so it would have to keep moving left or right to get past the "wall", but the "wall" can also move left or right to block the "amoeba", right? :p

that is fine , the original objective was to achieve a goalless draw to enter into a penalty shootout towards the end of the competition. :wink:
but I think even if this method can work more effectively for time delaying, there will not be any spectators and worse still no bookies will be able to run their business, so fas will surely rewrite their rules :cool:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not sure, but this tactic is employed by many rich churches :cool:
if liddat, the other team can also employ defensive tactic by oso surrounding that team - and the whole stadium can collectively shout "amen" :p