• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious God of forest punished camper for disrespect, captured by monkeys 9 days

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://photo.sina.cn/album_1_86058_114086.htm?ch=1&from=wap&vt=4

男子雨林离奇失踪 被猴子养九天
1/9
综合外媒报道,25岁智利男子阿库纳在玻利维亚的热带雨林中露营时离奇失踪,当地的公园管理员都认为他对神灵不敬,因此被恶灵带到异次元空间,甚至请来巫师作法。九天后,阿库纳一声尖叫让人们发现了他。他表示,是一群猴子救了他。

Madidi National Park),报名参加了一家当地旅行社的活动,跟着导游和其他几位游客一起深入热带雨林探索、露营。据悉,他们的露营地非常偏远,只能坐船到达,距离最近的村子也有几英里。

旅行社经理纳瓦(Feizar Nava)表示。大家安置好后,准备举行传统仪式,以感谢自然母亲帕查玛玛(Pachamama)允许他们进入雨林。阿库纳却拒绝参加。

晚上8:30,当其他所有人都沉浸在庄严的仪式中时,一位导游来到阿库纳的小屋旁,发现他已经不见了。当晚,导游和其他几名游客花了几个小时寻找阿库纳,但是连一点点可疑的线索都没发现。

男子雨林离奇失踪 被猴子养九天
5/9
纳瓦坚信,因为阿库纳没有参加感谢帕查玛玛仪式,所以冒犯了自然母亲。她说:“对帕查玛玛不敬的人,会被恶灵弄疯,然后被藏在其他次元。”马迪迪公园的主管马科斯(Marcos Uzquiana)接受《国家地理》采访的时候也表示:“我们相信恶灵的存在,并且我们相信是他带走了阿库纳。”

此后的几天,公园管理员都在全力搜救阿库纳,他们找到的唯一线索便是一只沾满烂泥的袜子。人们尝试了各种方法以寻找阿库纳的下落,甚至将巫师请来露营地作法,通过那只袜子与他通灵。图为阿库纳获救后,接受采访画面。

阿库纳消失的第九天,管理员突然听到了从露营地不远处的河堤传来的阵阵尖叫声。赶过去后,他们发现了阿库纳。九天的野外生活,让阿库纳备受蚊虫侵扰,满身红肿、刮痕。

阿库纳表示,这九天里,他一直跟着一群猴子。它们给他扔水果,帮他寻找住处和水源。图为公园管理员用毯子和树枝搭成的担架抬走阿库纳。

他表示,是一群猴子救了他。

StRs-fycstxp5072733.jpg

QLB_-fyctevp8882868.jpg

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://filipinotimes.ae/news/2017/...ungle-for-9-days-says-monkeys-saved-his-life/

Man lost in the jungle for 9 days says monkeys saved his life

By Web Dev Published: March 26, 2017
170323-bolivia-jungle-man-lost-ten-days-vin_ds1702001-99_640x360_904209987572
A 25-year old Chilean man, Maykool Coroseo Acuña, has recently re-emerged after being lost in the Madidi National Park in Bolivia for 9 days, claiming that the forest monkeys saved his life.

Maykool, who was touring the world renowned Amazon park, has suddenly disappeared one night without any signs of struggles leaving the police and loved ones clueless about where he might have gone.

Fortunately, during the ninth day of his disappearance, he was eventually found less than a mile away from Max Adventures’ campground.

Maykool’s sister Rocío had been searching with officials and a few guides when she heard a yell and broke out running. They found Maykool standing in the trees, holding a large walking stick, National Geographic reported.

When asked what happened to him, Maykool recalled that he was able to survive by following a group of monkeys, who dropped him fruit and lead him to shelter and water every day.

Maykool eventually revealed that the night he disappeared, strange, terrible thoughts had begun to creep into his mind. He said he had an irresistible urge to get out of the rainforest.
“I started running,” he recalled. “I was wearing sandals and I said no, they would slow me down. I threw away the sandals, then the cell phone and my flashlight. And after running so much, I stopped under a tree and I started thinking. What had I done, what was I doing? And when I wanted to get back it wasn’t possible.”

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/monkeys-saved-lost-tourist-bolivian-amazon-shamans/

LOST TOURIST SURVIVES NINE DAYS IN THE JUNGLE, SAYS MONKEYS HELPED
By Elizabeth Unger
PUBLISHED MARCH 23, 2017
RURRENABAQUE, BOLIVIAIn the Bolivian Amazon, where vast rivers wind endlessly through mountainous terrain and a thick blanket of fog creeps through the trees, the locals say the jungle can swallow you in a second. Venture too far and you may never find your way back.

But for the many tourists who visit Madidi National Park, the crown jewel of Bolivia’s protected rainforests, an excursion into its depths is not so much a danger but an exhilarating prospect. With good reason: a roster of tour agencies based out of Rurrenabaque—a small, bustling town on the edge of the park—promises safety for those seeking a journey into the wild fray.

While Madidi’s extreme landscape is not immune from tourist accidents or even fatalities, which occur every year, disappearances inside the park’s borders are rare. 
There hadn’t been a single visitor gone missing over the last fifteen years. Until now.

I was with the Madidi National Park rangers when they first received word that a 25-year old Chilean man, Maykool Coroseo Acuña, had suddenly disappeared within the confines of the park. Vanished by mysterious circumstances, they were told.

A witness’ murky account, transmitted by radio, said Maykool was last seen sitting on the steps of his cabin around 8:30 pm the night before. He had been on a rainforest tour with Max Adventures, a local agency, and had seemingly disappeared from their campground, without leaving a single track behind.

“This is a really strange case for us,” Madidi Park Director Marcos Uzquiano told me. “We’re not sure what happened last night, but we need to find out. It’s possible that someone may be lying.”

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Amid War and Strife, Surgeons Push to Save Children's Lives
In Photos: Refugees Rescued in the Stormy Mediterranean
Arctic Search-and-Rescue Missions Double Due to Climate Change
For the rangers, Maykool’s bizarre disappearance was reminiscent of a famous case from 1981, when Israeli tourist Yossi Ghinsberg was deceived by a fellow traveler and stranded in the Bolivian rainforest for three weeks. His account of deception and survival was turned into the international best-seller Back from Tuichi. (Coincidentally, a film adaptation of the book starring Daniel Radcliffe, called Jungle, will be released later this year).

Similar to Yossi’s ordeal more than thirty years ago, Maykool was also missing near the Tuichi River, a torrid area accessible only by boat and miles away from the closest town.

The rangers, anxious for answers, decided to head out immediately in search of Maykool. Accompanying them, I watched Rurrenabaque shrink away as we navigated upriver towards the dense jungle landscape, our long, wooden boat cutting through the mist.

Hours later, we arrived at the Max Adventures’ lodge, a quaint area filled by hammocks, a dining patio, and large wooden cabins. The owner of the agency, Feizar Nava, warmly greeted our group. In a low, hurried voice, he told the rangers what had happened.

STRANGE DISAPPEARANCE
Maykool had signed up for a tour at Max Adventures with other travelers he had met the previous day, Feizar began. After the group went into the rainforest that afternoon to explore with the guides, Maykool had returned to camp acting noticeably excited.

“He was acting a little bit strange,” Feizer recounted. “His face just didn’t look normal.”

Keeping tabs on the behavior, Feizar had invited the tourists at the lodge to participate in a Pachamama ceremony—a tradition involving coca leaves, candles, and cigarettes—to thank Pachamama, or Mother Earth, for giving them permission to enter the forest.

When Maykool was asked to join the ceremony alongside the group, he had refused, Feizar said. And when a guide had returned to his cabin to check on him, he was nowhere to be found. The amount of time that had passed between when Maykool was last seen and when someone went back for him was only five minutes.

Panicked, Feizar and his guides checked every inch of the lodge. Maykool wasn’t there. The group headed out into the rainforest with flashlights. They searched until five in the morning, to no avail. Maykool seemed to have completely vanished.

“It’s because he offended the Pachamama.” Feizar said. “He didn’t want to participate in the ceremony.”

Marcos and the rest of the rangers murmured together, nodding.

They told me that here, in the lowlands of Bolivia, people view the rainforest as a powerful place, filled with mystical entities both good and evil. Disrespect Pachamama, for example, and she could let you be driven mad by Duende, a mischievous sprite who hides his victims in another dimension. Such beliefs among the locals are so palpably ingrained that even law enforcement recognizes them.

“For myself and the rangers, this is our culture,” Marcos told me. “We believe that Duende is real. And we think it’s possible that Maykool was taken by him.”

SHAMANS WAGE A SPIRITUAL WAR
Desperate for help, one of Feizar’s guides called two well-known shamans, Romulo and his wife Tiburcia, and asked them to bring Maykool back. The shamans arrived at the lodge, carrying thick blocks of sugar tableaux, cigarettes, cans of beer, coca leaves, wine bottles, candles, sparkling confetti, and a large wooden cross—all materials they would need to breach the spiritual domain.

They believed that Duende had been harnessing the energy of Mapajo, a powerful tree spirit, to hide Maykool. “He’s far away, in a place we can’t reach,” the shamans told us. But by completing payments in the form of intricate ceremonies, they explained, they would finally be able to call Maykool’s soul back into this dimension. It would be only then that he could be found in the forest.

Maykool's family—his father, step-mother, and sister—also arrived at the camp; they had immediately flown in from Chile once they heard the news. They were grim, but calm, and began conferring with the rangers and the guides on a plan of action. The group decided they would work section-by-section, combing multiple kilometers around the lodge by walking in a sweeping, horizontal line.

Over the next week, the rangers and guides searched for eight to ten hours a day for Maykool, each day in a different section of rainforest. Romulo and Tiburcia worked just as hard, staying up until dawn every night, making payment after payment to the Pachamama. But no one could find the slightest sign of him; it was like he was never there at all.

The guides were growing restless, the family increasingly worried. Romulo and Tiburcia were exhausted. The rangers, many of whom were experienced trackers, couldn’t believe they hadn’t found a single shred of evidence. “In twenty years, we’ve never experienced anything like this,” one told me.

However, six tormenting days after Maykool’s disappearance, a breakthrough came: one of the rangers found a lone, muddy sock on the rainforest floor. When it was taken back to the family, Maykool’s step-mother emotionally confirmed it was his.

For the shamans, the sock changed everything; it was a window into Maykool’s soul, a way to reach him on a spiritual plane and call him back to reality. But they knew they were running out of time. Maykool had already spent a week in the rainforest with very little food or water, and they weren’t sure how much longer he would be able to survive.

After two more sleepless nights praying to the Pachamama, Romulo and Tiburcia claimed that their payments had been accepted and they were finally able to make contact with Maykool’s soul. “The sock made it much, much easier for us to reach him,” the shamans said. Maykool’s liberation had begun, they said, and swore we would start finding more signs of him in the coming days.

A SURPRISING BREAKTHROUGH
The next morning, the rangers and I were docking at the lodge when we heard screams coming from down the river. “Boat! Boat! Hey!” we heard faintly. The rangers scrambled, revving up their boat motor and rushing towards the cries.

It was two guides from Max Adventures on the edge of the water, frantically calling out for help. “We found him!” they screamed. The rangers couldn’t believe it. “Are you sure? Is he alive or dead?” “No, he’s alive!” the guides yelled back.

Maykool, after surviving nine days in the rainforest, had finally been found—less than a mile away from Max Adventures’ campground. Maykool’s sister Rocío had been searching with Feizar and a few other guides when she heard a yell and broke out running. They found Maykool standing in the trees, holding a large walking stick.

“I wasn’t sure if my brother was going to recognize me,” Rocío later told me. “I wasn’t sure if his mind would be intact.”

Maykool had been found in very weak condition; nine days in the rainforest had left him dehydrated, his skin ravaged by bites, botflies, and spines, his feet and ankles painfully swollen. But his mind was working just fine. “I want a Coca Cola,” he joked, exhausted.

As Maykool was brought back to camp and tearfully reunited with the rest of his family, jubilant cries of “We did it!” rang out, the rangers and guides hugging and crying together in celebration. Feizar was especially emotional, sobbing as he and Maykool’s father embraced.

“Thank you for trusting us. Thank you,” Feizar wept. “Why wouldn’t I trust your whole team?” the father tearfully replied.

Maykool was laid down in a hammock and we all quietly gathered around him to listen to his story of survival. He never was able to find the river, he told us. Incredibly, he was able to instead survive by following a group of monkeys, who dropped him fruit and lead him to shelter and water every day.

As time dragged on, though, the elements began to take a toll. The mosquitos were eating him alive, he was beginning to starve, and was becoming more and more desperate. “Yesterday was when I really made a promise to God. And I got on my knees and I asked him with my heart to get me out of there,” he said, choked up.

Maykool revealed that the night he disappeared, strange, terrible thoughts had begun to creep into his mind. He said he had an irresistible urge to get out of the rainforest.

“I started running,” he said. “I was wearing sandals and I said no, they would slow me down. I threw away the sandals, then the cell phone and my flashlight. And after running so much, I stopped under a tree and I started thinking. What had I done, what was I doing? And when I wanted to get back it wasn’t possible.”

Maykool’s rescuers maintain the belief that Duende drove him temporarily insane and lured him into another dimension. His behavior fits all the signs, they say—the maddening thoughts, the shamans’ testimony, his strange disappearance.

But Maykool insists that it didn’t happen that way. He doesn’t believe in shamanism or the cultures of the Bolivian lowlands—just in God. And though Maykool isn’t completely sure what happened to him that night he says his near-death experience in the jungle is something that he’ll never forget.

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/317...keys-who-brought-food-and-led-him-to-shelter/

PRI-MATES! Tourist lost in the Amazon rainforest for nine days says he was saved by MONKEYS who brought food and led him to shelter
The 25-year-old said the animals dropped pieces of fruit onto the ground from the branches above
By Caroline McGuire, Digital Travel Editor
24th March 2017, 1:47 pm
Updated: 24th March 2017, 2:05 pm

h
NOW
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
A tourist who got lost in the Amazon rainforest for nine days has claimed that a group of monkeys helped him survive by bringing him food and leading him to shelter and water.

Maykool Coroseo Acuña, 25, from Chile, who disappeared in the Bolivian Amazon while on holiday, said the animals dropped pieces of fruit onto the ground from the branches above.

A tourist who got lost in the Amazon rainforest for nine days has claimed that a group of monkeys helped him survive NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
A tourist who got lost in the Amazon rainforest for nine days has claimed that a group of monkeys helped him survive
Maykool had been camping in Madidi National Park near the Tuichi River with the tour company Max Adventures, before he wandered off and lost his way.

According to a report by National Geographic, the young man had been seen acting strangely a couple of hours before his disappearance.

Park rangers spent several days looking for the man, with no success.

Spiritual shamans were also invited to the camp to take part in rituals that would help to end the man’s madness, because it was thought that a mischievous sprite called Duende had driven him mad for offending Pachamama, also known as Mother Earth.

Maykool Coroseo Acuña disappeared in the Bolivian Amazon while on holiday NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
Maykool Coroseo Acuña disappeared in the Bolivian Amazon while on holiday and was found nine days later
According to Maykool, the primates dropped fruit for him to eat GETTY IMAGES
According to Maykool, the primates dropped fruit for him to eat
Six days after he disappeared, one of the rangers found one of Maykool’s muddy socks lying on the ground, which the Shamans said they used to make contact with his soul.

On the ninth day, the man was discovered when rangers heard him screaming from the riverbank, less than a mile from camp.

MOST READ IN TRAVEL 1 / 3

STAGE FLIGHT! Flight attendant reveals the perfect moment during a flight to go for a POO

PLANE STUPID United Airlines were RIGHT to bar two girls in leggings from flight as they are dangerous on planes, expert says

IPAD AIN'T GETTING ON NO PLANE How does the new UK laptop flight ban affect me and what are the rules on cabin electronics?

SKY HIGH PRICES Holidaymakers being fleeced by shops as travel toiletries are sold at FIVE TIMES the equivalent price

THE U-BEND! Skyscraper planned for New York that would be 'world's longest building' looks like a giant bendy straw

MYSTERY SOLVED The location of the real Axehampton House and how to visit the stunning Broadchurch filming locations
According to Maykool, who was badly bitten and stung after his time in the wilderness, he managed to stay alive by following monkeys.

He claimed that the primates dropped fruit for him to eat, as well as leading him to water and shelter every day.

On the ninth day, the man was discovered after rangers heard him screaming from the riverbank NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
On the ninth day, the man was discovered after rangers heard him screaming from the riverbank
He also revealed that on the final night before he was found, he prayed to God to help him out of the situation.

He told the magazine: “I started running, I was wearing sandals and I said ‘no, they would slow me down.’

“I threw away the sandals, then the cell phone and my flashlight.

“And after running so much, I stopped under a tree and I started thinking. What had I done, what was I doing? And when I wanted to get back it wasn’t possible.”

TOPICS AMAZON RAINFOREST
NOW
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
MOST POPULAR

RUDE LANGSFORD Ruth Langsford accidentally shares VERY explicit picture on Twitter in Mother's Day post

REVEALED
CHECK MATE This is the sneaky way you can find out who has UNFRIENDED you on Facebook

CHELLE 4-STAR Superfit Michelle Keegan looks tanned and toned at the petrol pumps after topping up her gym visits

'IT'S NOT CURABLE' Coleen Nolan's sister Linda diagnosed with secondary cancer... six years after beating disease

YOUTUBE VIDEO NASTIES Sickos trick kids into watching scary videos by disguising them as Peppa Pig clips

EXCLUSIVE
YUCK-SHIRE DALES Gemma Atkinson quit Emmerdale 'because writers paired her up with soap veteran and not hunky co-star'

GET THE STOPWATCH OUT Sex survey reveals how long couples last in bed... and it may not be as long as you think

'HERE COMES THE BACKLASH' Katie Price posts picture of 9-year-old Princess posing in a bikini on holiday

G CUP AND UP Jemma Lucy flaunts her G cup cleavage ahead of her second boob job

CATCH OF THE GRAY Little Mix's Leigh-Anne Pinnock leaps into football star boyfriend Andre Gray's arms after he flies to…

SOUND AS A POUND We reveal the places where you can get a new £1 coin TODAY as it finally enters circulation

REVEALED
FELLAS, TAKE NOTE This is the single most unattractive thing men can do during sex

STAGE FLIGHT! Flight attendant reveals the perfect moment during a flight to go for a POO

REVEALED
THE DEFIANT ONE Teen daughter of Westminster killer Khalid Masood rejected bully dad's demands to convert to Islam and…

END OF AN ERA The Inbetweeners star Simon Bird reveals there won't be any more films or spin off specials
JUST PUBLISHED

THE PERFECT JOB Company advertises post that pays £8k a month to holiday in luxury mansions around the world

REVEALED
MYSTERY SOLVED The location of the real Axehampton House and how to visit the stunning Broadchurch filming locations

COULD THIS HOTEL SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE? Swedish hoteliers give refunds to couples who divorce within a year of stay

FAIR FARES Experts reckon this is the cheapest day to fly away on holiday this summer

BUDGET FLYER The cheap trans-Atlantic flights battle continues - now WOW air offers fares to Chicago from £139

SKY HIGH PRICES Holidaymakers being fleeced by shops as travel toiletries are sold at FIVE TIMES the equivalent price

PLANE STUPID United Airlines were RIGHT to bar two girls in leggings from flight as they are dangerous on planes, expert says

SPONSORED CONTENT
Watch Scarlett Johansson in her most visually stunning role yet in Ghost in the ShellWatch Scarlett Johansson in her most visually stunning role yet in Ghost in the ShellFACEBOOK
Grab Is Now Looking For Rideshare Drivers In SingaporeGrab Is Now Looking For Rideshare Drivers In SingaporeGRAB SINGAPORE
1 Tip That Finally Turned Yellow Teeth White1 Tip That Finally Turned Yellow Teeth WhiteHEALTH & BEAUTY
Singapore ranks 2nd after Australia in ratio of private jets to billionairesSingapore ranks 2nd after Australia in ratio of private jets to billionairesBUSINESS TIMES
Young Love: Introducing Cheryl Wee and Roy Fong, Society's New It CoupleYoung Love: Introducing Cheryl Wee and Roy Fong, Society's New It CoupleSINGAPORETATLER.COM
Don’t Miss These Dining Deals At Crystal Jade PrestigeDon’t Miss These Dining Deals At Crystal Jade PrestigeDINING | SG TATLER
Racism in Singapore: A new dinner series wants you to talk about raceRacism in Singapore: A new dinner series wants you to talk about raceBURO247
Wear The Moon On Your WristWear The Moon On Your WristSINGAPORETATLER.COM
Bold Brows And Lips? Yes, Says Bobbi BrownBold Brows And Lips? Yes, Says Bobbi BrownSINGAPORETATLER.COM
Carrie Lam will find it hard to mend riftsCarrie Lam will find it hard to mend riftsBUSINESS TIMES by
COMMENTS
0 comments
Sign in

Post comment as...
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP ministers are also lost souls well-fed by millions of peasants and apes.

They say salaries are peanuts an bananas.