• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why so many Bakeries in Singapore?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why do you keep calling yourself quack? Is it because of some bottled up unhappiness? By the way, intravenous vitamin c is not something that is quack. It's been researched and still being researched by real doctors.

The short answer would be yes. I hate doctors too. Even though I myself am a doctor. I hate the high and mighty persona the profession exudes. Doctors are just human beings. And while modern medical science understand some of life and the human body there is way much more that we do NOT know.

One of the things that was most disappointing after finishing medical school was to know what we do not know. And after having to memorize so much of what we already know. But the public's expectation is that doctors know everything. and we have a special medicine for everything. Bullshit.

I studied alternative medicine and applied clinical nutrition. I have the FACACN qualification. Linus Pauling was a big proponent of Vitamin C. There is also chelation therapy with Sodium EDTA. Mainstream medicine doesn't endorse these though.

But I will say this. Doctors don't practice alternative medicine for free. In fact in many cases it is more expensive that mainstream western medicine. Another failing of the human nature.

There are too many crazy extremist people at SBF. No point trying to rationalize with most of them. I come here to read all the insults and curses to doctors to remind myself why I left Singapore.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
The short answer would be yes. I hate doctors too. Even though I myself am a doctor. I hate the high and mighty persona the profession exudes. Doctors are just human beings. And while modern medical science understand some of life and the human body there is way much more that we do NOT know.

One of the things that was most disappointing after finishing medical school was to know what we do not know. And after having to memorize so much of what we already know. But the public's expectation is that doctors know everything. and we have a special medicine for everything. Bullshit.

I studied alternative medicine and applied clinical nutrition. I have the FACACN qualification. Linus Pauling was a big proponent of Vitamin C. There is also chelation therapy with Sodium EDTA. Mainstream medicine doesn't endorse these though.

But I will say this. Doctors don't practice alternative medicine for free. In fact in many cases it is more expensive that mainstream western medicine. Another failing of the human nature.

There are too many crazy extremist people at SBF. No point trying to rationalize with most of them. I come here to read all the insults and curses to doctors to remind myself why I left Singapore.

Doctors are also victims, just like how teachers are constantly blamed for the things they don't have direct control of.

Telemedicine is the next big thing. It's promises to lower cost of healthcare, manage chronic illnesses effectively through remote monitoring, and even has some applications to preventative medicine as well (I guess Apple watch is one example).

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you. I understand you better now. But I don't think it's psychologically healthy that you need a constant reminder to yourself why you left. I don't think you should be doing that unless you still miss Singapore. Shouldn't you let go and embrace Canada fully?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctors are also victims, just like how teachers are constantly blamed for the things they don't have direct control of.

Telemedicine is the next big thing. It's promises to lower cost of healthcare, manage chronic illnesses effectively through remote monitoring, and even has some applications to preventative medicine as well (I guess Apple watch is one example).

What I propose is that all consultations with the doctor be video recorded. These days we all use electronic medical records. The security to protect an EMR is no different than to protect a video recording.

This will do a few things.
1) it will up the doctor's game. What they do and say is all recorded. Similarly what is not done or said is evident
2) doctors will no longer need to write notes. Saves the doctor's time. The recording is sent to medical transcription professionals to type up notes. We still need notes for easy reference in charts rather than going through hours of videos. The doctor is free to see more patients.
3) Medico-legal lawsuits will drop substantially with this move. Also there will be very quick outcomes in cases of lawsuit and claims of negligence with the very obvious evidence. No more of he says I say.
4) The bad behavior of patients can also be recorded which shows how crappy some people are and should be taken to task for their own poor health and decisions. Doctors can also sue patients for slander and defamation and assault

This can also apply to classrooms for teachers as well. Instead of having one short video clip of a part of an incident go viral on the internet, the ENTIRE event can be broadcast if needed to show what actually transpired.

Enough is enough.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thank you. I understand you better now. But I don't think it's psychologically healthy that you need a constant reminder to yourself why you left. I don't think you should be doing that unless you still miss Singapore. Shouldn't you let go and embrace Canada fully?

When I left for Canada , I was also leaving medicine.

But somehow I got back in. And I am back in that kind of rut of money is good in medicine, (in fact it is very good here in Canada), life is good (it is very good), but it still doesn't mean I like practicing medicine. In fact I hate it.

So yeah when I am at work the unhappiness festers. I am glad I left Singapore. Life as a doctor here is still better than life as a doctor in Canada.

So it is not so much I miss Singapore, but the more you people slam doctors I can tell myself even though I am not so happy being a doctor, better I am a doctor in Canada than in Singapore. As my wife says, which doctor in Singapore goes home by 430pm and works only Mon to Fri? Goes skiing every weekend. Has a big house, 3 cars and no debt or mortgage?

So yeah life is good lah. Just I don't like being a doctor.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only bakery worth going to is swee heng. Their bread really sets a new bar from the rest. Try it and you will know

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, that basically sums up modern medicine. I wondered what's the purpose of titanium dioxide in Nexium. This class of drugs omeprazole is really atrocious. Imagine you get GERD and you take it for the rest of your life and it doesn't cure you at all!

I am smart. I cured my GERD with betaine hydrochloride and himalayan salt and seaweed. If you have GERD, you really need more stomach acid, not proton pump inhibitors! GERD is a condition where your stomach can't create enough acid to properly digest your food. Just speaking from my own experience.
Just to share my experience on GERD. I did the opposite and my GERD is cured.

Instead of acid, I took alkaline, sodium bicarbonate. I took it for 1 week at the same time went for a salt free diet, monitored my blood pressure daily. It worked.

I guess your GERD is caused by under production of digestive juice while mine was due to over production.

For others reading, please do not take sodium bicarbonate unless you can go on a salt free diet during the process and monitor your pressure.

However, whatever the cure is, I find that the only way to prevent recurrence is to watch our diet and exercise.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Instead of acid, I took alkaline, sodium bicarbonate. I took it for 1 week at the same time went for a salt free diet, monitored my blood pressure daily. It worked.

I guess your GERD is caused by under production of digestive juice while mine was due to over production.

Yes, under production of digestive juice. The theory is that the sphincter at the lower base of the esophagus didn't close tight enough because the stomach wasn't acidic enough. I am blood type AB+ and I read that those with this blood type tend to have weak stomach acid production. It was horrible to experience stomach acid leaking into your throat in the middle of the night. It really burns!

My mother also suffers from GERD and she takes omeprazole everyday. It doesn't cure her and everything breaks down once she touches anything tomatoes or vinegar. I decided that I didn't want to be like her taking omeprazole everyday.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, under production of digestive juice. The theory is that the sphincter at the lower base of the esophagus didn't close tight enough because the stomach wasn't acidic enough. I am blood type AB+ and I read that those with this blood type tend to have weak stomach acid production. It was horrible to experience stomach acid leaking into your throat in the middle of the night. It really burns!

My mother also suffers from GERD and she takes omeprazole everyday. It doesn't cure her and everything breaks down once she touches anything tomatoes or vinegar. I decided that I didn't want to be like her taking omeprazole everyday.

Yeah i also shared before tomatoes are triggers for acid reflux indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah i also shared before tomatoes are triggers for acid reflux indeed. Oops mudlander evil doer may poison me with tomatoes next. Their evil has no bounds, anything and everything i said can be twisted and made use of in any way to harm me as proven!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

what causes the sphincter not to close tight enough? Have you thought about that?

why my sphincter close really tight and give me a good digestion and why can't you?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

For others reading, please do not take sodium bicarbonate unless you can go on a salt free diet during the process and monitor your pressure.

However, whatever the cure is, I find that the only way to prevent recurrence is to watch our diet and exercise.

very enlightened individual...respect

so what sort of diet?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
what causes the sphincter not to close tight enough? Have you thought about that?

why my sphincter close really tight and give me a good digestion and why can't you?

Sounds like excessive anal sex causing lax sphincter. Actually maybe deep throat oral sex can also cause lax sphincter also.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so what sort of diet?

Reduced rice intake, replacing with potato or sweet potato

Proper full breakfast daily

Use only olive oil

No fatty meat or organ parts

No fish that is scaleless

No vegetable with dark green colour

Lots of selective fruits such as papaya, pineapples, bananas (only 1 type), all berries, ...

Daily intake of turmeric, coconut oil and B complex

Above is a brief guide of my diet for anyone interested.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Reduced rice intake, replacing with potato or sweet potato

Proper full breakfast daily

Use only olive oil

No fatty meat or organ parts

No fish that is scaleless

No vegetable with dark green colour

Lots of selective fruits such as papaya, pineapples, bananas (only 1 type), all berries, ...

Daily intake of turmeric, coconut oil and B complex

Above is a brief guide of my diet for anyone interested.

No organic food?