• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Under self driven robot car Capsized! Cancelled!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/usa/382340-uber-self-driving-car-crash/

the news by installing RT’s extension for Chrome. Never miss a story with this clean and simple app that delivers the latest headlines to you.

RT LIVE
search
Menu mobile
HomeAmerica
Uber suspends self-driving car tests after autonomous vehicle crash in Arizona (VIDEO, PHOTO)
Published time: 26 Mar, 2017 11:51
Uber suspends self-driving car tests after autonomous vehicle crash in Arizona (VIDEO, PHOTO)
A self-driven Volvo SUV owned and operated by Uber Technologies Inc. is flipped on its side after a collision in Tempe, Arizona, U.S. on March 24, 2017. © Fresco News / Mark Beach / Handout via Reuters / Reuters
Uber has suspended its self-driving cars in three states after one of its vehicles was involved in a high-impact crash in which the vehicle was flipped on its side.
Trends
Viral
The Volvo SUV was making a left turn at an intersection in Arizona, where Uber has been trialing autonomous vehicles, on Friday when another car “failed to yield” and struck it, according to police.

“There was a person behind the wheel [of the self-driving car]. It is uncertain at this time if they were controlling the vehicle at the time of the collision,” said officer Josie Montenegro.

READ MORE: Uber accused of stealing its driverless car technology from competitor in federal lawsuit

A picture of the badly damaged vehicle was posted online and verified by an Uber spokeswoman who confirmed the incident to Bloomberg. There were two operators sitting in the front of the Uber vehicle at the time of the collision, but no passengers, and no injuries were reported.

Uber said they are investigating the incident and have pulled their self-driving vehicles off the road in all three states where they are testing the technology – Arizona, Pennsylvania, and California – as a precaution.

READ MORE: ‘My beliefs not shared at Uber’: President of ride-sharing firm gives reasons for shock exit

The accident rounds out a tumultuous week for the company. On Monday, former Uber President Jeff Jones cited irreparable differences as the reason behind his shock decision to leave the role after only six months.

“The beliefs and approach to leadership that have guided my career are inconsistent with what I saw and experienced at Uber, and I can no longer continue as president of the ride sharing business,” Jones said in a statement released on Monday.

58d79a91c46188db098b460f.jpg