• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 29 years too late - lawyer disbarred?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this over breakfast from a lawyer and I was shocked. He told me this lawyer SK Kumar has been screwing his clients who are mainly uneducated Indians for nearly 3 decades. He would repeat dly ask for case postponement until his client pays up the "installment" and then pleads guilty with a half baked mitigation plea. He would also persuade his clients to appeal the sentence and collect more money.

His wife who is not a lawyer will carry case files and ask other lawyers to attend and seek postponement.

He also told me that this has been going on since he was admitted to the bar. All the lawyers who attend court know of him. The law society has been protecting him and finally he told me that some of the judges got together and complained to AG and CJ.

Its sad that the Law Society has allowed this to go on and it took judges to save the vulnerable.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/lawyer-disbarred-misconduct

Selina LumTHE STRAITS TIMES
Thursday, Mar 23, 2017
Lawyer S. K. Kumar, a familiar figure in the courtroom, was yesterday disbarred for misconduct that included misleading the court and wasting its time through being absent from hearings or seeking unnecessary adjournments.

Once, he asked a client to get a medical certificate (MC) to cover his mistake after a warrant of arrest was issued to the man for not showing up at a hearing. Mr Kumar had failed to inform his client he was due in court to plead guilty.

The client said Mr Kumar offered to arrange an MC for $300 but the client chose to see his own doctor.

Mr Kumar, who has practised for 29 years, was disbarred after a Court of Three Judges said he had fallen short of the required standards of integrity, probity and trustworthiness. Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon called his conduct "intolerable".

The paramount duty of a lawyer, as an officer of the court, was to assist the court, said CJ Menon. But Mr Kumar's conduct shows "a gross failure... to apprehend even the most basic duty to the court". By his frequent absence and seeking of adjournments, Mr Kumar had shown "utter disregard" for the court.

He faced 11 charges of misconduct arising from two sets of complaints, one filed by the State Courts and the other by the Attorney-General's Chambers.

The Law Society asked for no more than 30 months' suspension but the court found this "grossly inadequate". Mr Kumar's lawyer, Senior Counsel N. Sreenivasan, portrayed his client as a hardworking lawyer who took on more cases than he could handle.

But the Chief Justice rejected the argument, painting Mr Kumar as a "bumbling" lawyer "doing his incompetent best" to cope with his workload. He noted: "He chose to disregard the legitimate expectations of all the other stakeholders in the justice system over a sustained period of time."

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/lawyer-disbarred-misconduct#sthash.uuGSAFa5.dpuf

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking Shitskin motherfucking snakes again.

st_20160303_sekumar03_2109810.jpg

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheebye face sia.

I suspect this shit skin kerling is a white horse.

Or else his incompetence and the negligence of his work would not have been covered up for three decades. Further, he did not get his law degree from the Malayan University, University of Singapore or London, but from india. Even his pupillage, lawyer qualification could have been somehow assisted. SBF bros in the know maybe able to throw some light on this trash.

The warning for all non kerlings should be...." NEVER, NEVER, entrust the proper handling of your finances, legal or medical matters to a shit skin kerling....if not, same risk as going into a pit full of vipers, rattlesnakes and black widows...." Their incompetence and greed for money for the least work done is just legendary....many who have taken them into their confidence over these three matters have suffered big losses or lose their lives....just refer to the media reports over the years are enough...:eek:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Or else his incompetence and the negligence of his work would not have been covered up for three decades. Further, he did not get his law degree from the Malayan University, University of Singapore or London, but from india. Even his pupillage, lawyer qualification could have been somehow assisted. SBF bros in the know maybe able to throw some light on this trash.

The warning for all non kerlings should be...." NEVER, NEVER, entrust the proper handling of your finances, legal or medical matters to a shit skin kerling....if not, same risk as going into a pit full of vipers, rattlesnakes and black widows...." Their incompetence and greed for money for the least work done is just legendary....many who have taken them into their confidence over these three matters have suffered big losses or lose their lives....just refer to the media reports over the years are enough...:eek:

but it seems that most of his clients are fellow shit skins and they got played out too.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you sure he obtained his law degree from India ?

Sole proprietorship law firms taking on too many jobs and then farming out the work to fellow lawyers from other firms is a common practice among small practices. If the cases he handled were profitable (like acting for Singapore Medical Council), then he would have had enough spare cash to employ a few full-time lawyers in his firm to run errands for him.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro these words obviously ring true and not only you have been dispensing this piece of advice there have been others including me that have been posting such similar statements over the years and months. yet i can bet this will fall on deaf earths especially to some Chinese whether they are Chinese dogs or those genuine PC type of Chinese who are racially unaware yet or naive Chinese who simply assume shit skins are just like Chinese ppl only with darker skins and uglier mugs. :rolleyes: All of them will eventually learn the hard way by not following advice that is as old as time itself or at least when shit skins started existing.

In any case i am curious what about shit skins themselves. Thankfully the majority this shit skin cheated are his fellow shit skins i truly wonder how shit skins deal with that. They are shit skin snakes themselves and they actually prefer their own snake kind. I guess they either take the risk or those less snake like will try to leech off blur/naive Chinese or Chinese dogs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He wasn't farming out his cases. He and his wife merely asked lawyers who were already in court to seek postponement on his behalf. No fee involved. Asking another lawyer to seek such things are common as occasionally lawyers have to be in different courts on the same day. But this guy abused it from what I hear.

Are you sure he obtained his law degree from India ?

Sole proprietorship law firms taking on too many jobs and then farming out the work to fellow lawyers from other firms is a common practice among small practices. If the cases he handled were profitable (like acting for Singapore Medical Council), then he would have had enough spare cash to employ a few full-time lawyers in his firm to run errands for him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He wasn't farming out his cases. He and his wife merely asked lawyers who were already in court to seek postponement on his behalf. No fee involved. Asking another lawyer to seek such things are common as occasionally lawyers have to be in different courts on the same day. But this guy abused it from what I hear.

That's true.

This bugger is a fraud like almost all criminal Lawyers. He had difficulties clearing his Bar exams. He had to be helped. He promises everything and anything but never delivers.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true.

This bugger is a fraud like almost all criminal Lawyers. He had difficulties clearing his Bar exams. He had to be helped. He promises everything and anything but never delivers.

I hope he made enough in the past 29 years to at least start a Indian rojak stall in People's Park.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true.

...many of those in drug cases, pending sentence..will be recommended by inmates inside...sad to say a neh is a con...just do not know why he was recommended...sighhhhh

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true.

How do you equate criminal lawyers with fraud ? Just curious.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you equate criminal lawyers with fraud ? Just curious.

When it's a hopeless case for the accused, encourage him to fight the statements - that it was under threat, inducement n promise. 99.99% doesn't work.

Telling clients how they are connected to the DJ, DPP or Police Prosecutor and that decision makers will give him face in his representation and mitigation. All this not only to get biz but also, to charge more.

For cases that stands a decent chance of winning, will nudge clients to plead guilty coz just too lazy to examine facts in its entirety.

Some don't even know the law! I am confident many of my ex-colleagues are better equipped than these morons.

Some exaggerate the seriousness of clients' Offences and highlights the max punishment to scare their clients into hiring them by bullshitting how they are able to 'beat the system.'

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes no difference to him whether he is struck off or not. He had already made his millions. He just need some cronies to continue running the firm for him and generating the cash for him.