• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Burn opium China national hero Lin Zexu was Hokkien

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moderator zhihau removed my post yesterday and today attacking a mudlander dog in another thread while mudlander dog ralders posts attacking me in this thread since yesterday are not removed.

人,是可以无耻到这个地步的。

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 200 years ago Lin Zexu already learning foreign languages and knew they are window or having another pair of eyes to know the world. Yet now still got arrogant and ignorant mudlander dogs that not just accuse but insist learning Spanish is to feel high class hahahaha

"林則徐並不是一味的排斥洋人,更不是盲目強硬自負;他深明知己知彼的重要,關心洋務,為了解洋人國情,林的幕僚中,聘有通曉洋務的人才,翻譯洋文資料。林則徐自己,還暗學了些英語和葡萄牙語。"

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 200 years ago Lin Zexu already learning foreign languages and knew they are window or having another pair of eyes to know the world. Yet now still got arrogant and ignorant mudlander dogs that not just accuse but insist learning Spanish is to feel high class hahahaha

"林則徐並不是一味的排斥洋人,更不是盲目強硬自負;他深明知己知彼的重要,關心洋務,為了解洋人國情,林的幕僚中,聘有通曉洋務的人才,翻譯洋文資料。林則徐自己,還暗學了些英語和葡萄牙語。"

Mudlander dogs everyday busy doing evil.

人,是可以无耻到这个地步的。

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mudlander junk dogs read Chinese classic for what? Read about Lin Zexu and learn what is shame first when compared your evil and hypocritical character to him, a real superior Chinese.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppose we were allowed for once a clearer glance into the kingdom of the possible, and over the whole chain of causes and effects; if the earth-spirit appeared and showed us in a picture all the greatest men, enlighteners of the world, and heroes, that chance destroyed before they were ripe for their work; then the great events that would have changed the history of the world and brought in periods of the highest culture and enlightenment, but which the blindest chance, the most insignificant accident, hindered at the outset; lastly, the splendid powers of great men, that would have enriched whole ages of the world, but which, either misled by error or passion, or compelled by necessity, they squandered uselessly on unworthy or unfruitful objects, or even wasted in play. If we saw all this, we would shudder and lament at the thought of the lost treasures of whole periods of the world. But the earth-spirit would smile and say, “The source from which the individuals and their powers proceed is inexhaustible and unending as time and space; for, like these forms of all phenomena, they also are only phenomena, visibility of the will. No finite measure can exhaust that infinite source; therefore an undiminished eternity is always open for the return of any event or work that was nipped in the bud. In this world of phenomena true loss is just as little possible as true gain. The will alone is; it is the thing in-itself, and the source of all these phenomena. Its self-knowledge and its assertion or denial, which is then decided upon, is the only event in-itself.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppose we were allowed for once a clearer glance into the kingdom of the possible, and over the whole chain of causes and effects; if the earth-spirit appeared and showed us in a picture all the greatest men, enlighteners of the world, and heroes, that chance destroyed before they were ripe for their work; then the great events that would have changed the history of the world and brought in periods of the highest culture and enlightenment, but which the blindest chance, the most insignificant accident, hindered at the outset; lastly, the splendid powers of great men, that would have enriched whole ages of the world, but which, either misled by error or passion, or compelled by necessity, they squandered uselessly on unworthy or unfruitful objects, or even wasted in play. If we saw all this, we would shudder and lament at the thought of the lost treasures of whole periods of the world. But the earth-spirit would smile and say, “The source from which the individuals and their powers proceed is inexhaustible and unending as time and space; for, like these forms of all phenomena, they also are only phenomena, visibility of the will. No finite measure can exhaust that infinite source; therefore an undiminished eternity is always open for the return of any event or work that was nipped in the bud. In this world of phenomena true loss is just as little possible as true gain. The will alone is; it is the thing in-itself, and the source of all these phenomena. Its self-knowledge and its assertion or denial, which is then decided upon, is the only event in-itself.

So what's your point? What has this got to do with Lin Zexu or anything we discussing here?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow there is a minor planet discovered by a Hokkien astronomer in 1996 that was named after Lin Zexu. Hokkiens proud or not?

http://book.163.com/16/1010/16/C31F3PMJ009243K7.html

林则徐家风家训的时代意义
2016-10-10 16:18:13 来源: 网易
1996年中科院北京天文台按惯例建议将闽(福建)籍天文学家陈建生发现的一颗小行星命名为“林则徐星”。林则徐的禁毒和治水成就,得到了国际社会的认同,因此国际小天体命名委员会批准了中科院的建议。自此在浩渺的宇宙中,有一颗耀眼的小行星——林则徐星。这是林氏的骄傲,是所有中国人的骄傲,也是全球华人的骄傲! 毕竟国际天文学史上极少有中国政治家名字命名的行星。“民族英雄”、“世界禁毒先驱”、“近代中国开眼看世界第一人”是林公留给我们的公认形象。

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm curious though. During the setting up of the Chinese republic Cantonese lost by 1 vote to become the national language who voted no?

Actually there was a debate to replace mandarin as mandarin was seen as a Manchu language..The one tat voted no must be the northern ah tiongs n the fuckiens. I find the fuckiens to be very jealous of Cantonese as the language and culture and media has maintained it's edge over mandarin. The position of Cantonese..Being taught as an official language..The movies and cantopop etcbis light years ahead of the fuckiens..Even Taiwan TV serials etc the Taiwanese themselves don't watch..And besides ah Bengs etc..Who listen to fuckien songs? So the fuckiens with the tail between their legs and of course their culture can only do one thing..Pull the Cantonese down to their level and fight dirty. I find the most pro mandarin n pro commies r the fuckiens. They support the speak mandarin campaign and advocate it even when nantah n hokkein schools were shut by the pappies. They say mandarin is the national language. During the umbrella movement those old ah pek fuckiens were the ones dissing it..Saying HK ppl are ungrateful and that the commies will invade. Don't this attitude sound familiar ? They act the same way during every GE. Tat is why Singkieland is fucked n look at all the places where the fuckiens make up the majority Chinese. These areas r 3rd world countries.. Manila n Jakarta..The only place tat is run better is Penang..But don't forget..The Chinese there always vote BN till now. But now too late..m&ds have out breed the cina. And Singkieland is not going to get better if this fuckien attitude continues. Kia su Kia see kiam siap die don't want face..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another couple of points:

1. Looks like Lin Zexu was:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstitious
as well, right? :wink:

2. If he was truly sincere about not "polluting their realm", he would have disposed the opium somewhere else, right? :wink:
So it looks like he was delusional as well. :wink:

No he is not superstitious but believe in Buddhist teachings of karma. And you are the insincere one here accusing him for nothing that he was insincere and could have have thrown the opium somewhere else. Just a few posts earlier i already explained to a forumer that the opium was first burnt and buried in earth but drug addicts dig them out to recycle. That's why no choice but have to throw this poison into sea and that's why the apologising to the gods of sea. If burn and buried into earth cannot, it has got to be sea. You so smart please suggest where else on this planet. Don't open mouth only know how to criticise and label people superstitious to satisfy your vanity. You are the most vain person yourself who keep calling others vain.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there was a debate to replace mandarin as mandarin was seen as a Manchu language..The one tat voted no must be the northern ah tiongs n the fuckiens. I find the fuckiens to be very jealous of Cantonese as the language and culture and media has maintained it's edge over mandarin. The position of Cantonese..Being taught as an official language..The movies and cantopop etcbis light years ahead of the fuckiens..Even Taiwan TV serials etc the Taiwanese themselves don't watch..And besides ah Bengs etc..Who listen to fuckien songs? So the fuckiens with the tail between their legs and of course their culture can only do one thing..Pull the Cantonese down to their level and fight dirty. I find the most pro mandarin n pro commies r the fuckiens. They support the speak mandarin campaign and advocate it even when nantah n hokkein schools were shut by the pappies. They say mandarin is the national language. During the umbrella movement those old ah pek fuckiens were the ones dissing it..Saying HK ppl are ungrateful and that the commies will invade. Don't this attitude sound familiar ? They act the same way during every GE. Tat is why Singkieland is fucked n look at all the places where the fuckiens make up the majority Chinese. These areas r 3rd world countries.. Manila n Jakarta..The only place tat is run better is Penang..But don't forget..The Chinese there always vote BN till now. But now too late..m&ds have out breed the cina. And Singkieland is not going to get better if this fuckien attitude continues. Kia su Kia see kiam siap die don't want face..

Well between Cantonese and mandarin, i will vote for mandarin anytime. Please lah Hokkiens jealous of Cantonese? See my post earlier got Hokkien astronomer discovered minor planet and named it after Lin Zexu. Cantonese got or not? And don't think too highly of Cantonese movies and cantopop, never interest alot of people - like me and my family and my friends - at all, be it now or last time.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well between Cantonese and mandarin, i will vote for mandarin anytime. Please lah Hokkiens jealous of Cantonese? See my post earlier got Hokkien astronomer discovered minor planet and named it after Lin Zexu. Cantonese got or not? And don't think too highly of Cantonese movies and cantopop, never interest alot of people - like me and my family and my friends - at all, be it now or last time.

Oh yes yr family and frens.. Fuckiens all stick together..till shit happens than they support the pappies n commies.And of course u prefer mandarin... Fuckiens were happy to embrace mandarin at the expense of the hokkein language..Even when hokkein schools were shut down...So fuckiens got a few scientist n politicians...They must be great people....They sold their souls to old fart..They are the best in this world.,...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes yr family and frens.. Fuckiens all stick together..till shit happens than they support the pappies n commies.And of course u prefer mandarin... Fuckiens were happy to embrace mandarin at the expense of the hokkein language..Even when hokkein schools were shut down...So fuckiens got a few scientist n politicians...They must be great people....They sold their souls to old fart..They are the best in this world.,...

Yeah scientist and politician, don't forget famous philanthropists too. Oh my Hokkien is superb. No need to embrace mandarin at the expense of Hokkien at all. Btw i also can understand Cantonese and Teochew. All same script what. Nothing so difficult.

desmondquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
ginfreely, what are you gonna do about the state of things after all the ranting? Maybe you could emulate the prince of orange during the glorious revolution, take one small raiding party from sg and overthrow the commies. YOLO.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
ginfreely, what are you gonna do about the state of things after all the ranting? Maybe you could emulate the prince of orange during the glorious revolution, take one small raiding party from sg and overthrow the commies. YOLO.

Ranting and overthrow commies? What ranting? I have been praising Lin Zexu a real superior Chinese. As for commies, i only replied to forumers on Russia communism, agreed on Xi jiping similar to Mao Zedong idolisation and agreed Mao Zedong being successful winning war. And it is a fact China is on the recovery path and have not recovered its former glory to become the new world super power yet.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lin Zexu was a good official who cared a great deal about the people. Even after kena sabotaged by Qi shan and emperor demoted and exiled him to Xinjiang, he was still worrying for the people and not sad for himself and wrote a poem full of patriotism.

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1...60F239731DB6FB4F2E6420F32&tj=zhidao_1_0_10_l2

鸦片战争爆发后,定海失陷,琦善到广州,与林则徐反其道而行之。在英侵略者威胁利诱下,擅自签定割让香港,赔偿烟价六百万元的《穿鼻草约》。但他却把这一切都归罪于林则徐。 林则徐抗英有功,却遭投降派诬陷,被光绪帝革职,“从重发往伊犁,效力赎罪。”他忍辱负重,道光二十一年(1841年7月14日)踏上戌途。在赴戌途中,仍忧国忧民,并不为个人的坎坷而唏嘘,当与妻子在古城西安告别时,在满腔愤怒下写了“苟利国家生死以,岂因祸福避趋之”的激励诗句。这是他爱国情感的抒发,也是他性情人格的写照。